Provide an app-based preferred language setting

Discus and support Provide an app-based preferred language setting in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Some games don't have an in-game selection of supported languages. The language changed with the system language setting. My Xbox language is currently... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BlueGogoboy, Aug 9, 2021.

1. BlueGogoboy
    BlueGogoboy Guest

Some games don't have an in-game selection of supported languages. The language changed with the system language setting. My Xbox language is currently set to English, while I would like to play games in another language though. And the game I played will change its subtitle language according to the OS setting. So I'll have to change the OS language and reboot every time I want to play those games...

I know you might say "you can keep the language to what you wanna use instead of English". But I will play Destiny 2 with my friends and we communicate in English, and D2 is another game that changes its subtitle with the OS settings. When I want to play other games, like Assassin's Creed Unity, I want to experience this RPG in my mother tongue, I have to reboot my machine to another language. It is quite a bummer for me.

If there is an app-based language setting on the game management page, i.e. the page that toggles the FPS Boost/Auto HDR, will be definitely awesome for multi-languages users like me. So that I can use English for the UI, Eng for D2, and any other languages that I prefer to use for all those games that don't have an in-game language setting.

:)

BlueGogoboy, Aug 9, 2021
  2. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

How i change the language on Xbox APP

Hey, I found a similar thread with the solution. I'll quote it an provide it as a reference for you, "Xbox App uses the language that you have assigned
    as your preferred Windows language. In order to change that, search for "Language" (type this in your Windows language if you're not using the English version) in the search bar on Windows and then the language panel will come up. (It's the same panel you
    use if you want to change keyboard preferences) The language which is in the top, is the one that the Store and all it's apps use. Just get the language you prefer in the first spot and the Store along with all the apps and your keyboard will use this as preferred
    language." That was from user snikefriend.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/357f84f8-189c-41a3-adae-4d0e301c1135
  3. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Backward compatibility game language

Usually game language will be controlled by the region that the Xbox is set in, but with some 360 Games these could be regionally restricted. e.g. will only provide you the alternative language based on the region it was sold.

But in general it usually take the region the xbox is set to.
  4. xboj Win User

Language linked to region issue

Well anyway, for the devs: Allow using a combination of any region + any language, don't force a region based on language preferences!
  5. WPAK Win User

language in games

Hi there,

The Xbox 360 decides what language to use for games based on you profile, and since fallout 3 is a 360 game, it will base the language on that. Please check the steps on how to change your account language on your billing account via the steps mentioned
    here:
    support.xbox.com/.../dashboard-or-hub-in-another-language

Any Xbox One console will determine the language based on the Region setting on the console, so you shouldn't have any game language issues for Xbox One games.

Let us know if changing the preferred language on your billing account solved the fallout 3 language issue.
  6. bennyman29884 Win User

Forced Language / region settings

Hi,

what you say just really doesn't make sense. Delivering region specific content is not based not he language the console is set to. This is just a really bad design.

Example: my phone is set to english language but i have a spanish account for the app store, and therefore access to the content for my region only.

The Xbox allows me to set the Language to English for example and the region to Czech Republic or Greece, but not Spain. It doesn't make sense.

I'd like someone from Microsoft to provide an official statement on this issue.

Thanks
Thema:

1. Provide an app-based preferred language setting - Similar Threads - Provide app based

2. Do I have to wait the 2-3 weeks for a repair or can you provide a new Xbox for me sooner?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I have to wait the 2-3 weeks for a repair or can you provide a new Xbox for me sooner?: I sent in my Xbox series s for repairs on 2/12/24. I have come to understand that it can take anywhere between 2-3 weeks to receive it afterwards. My issue is that this is entirely too long. The...
  3. Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...: I can't stress this enough - I hate that Quick Actions Toggle in the Xbox App with a burning passion. It has without a doubt ruined any chance of me making video content using console streaming....
  4. Xim shouldn’t be supported by Xbox it should be a ban for using it , it provides a unfair...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xim shouldn’t be supported by Xbox it should be a ban for using it , it provides a unfair...: Xim shouldn’t be supported by Xbox it should be a ban for using it , it provides a unfair advantage in a lot of games a6f610fb-a9d0-46cd-b144-6d37b7a00cd7
  5. Can't Download Xbox Identity Provider

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Download Xbox Identity Provider: I Am on Windows 11 22h2 And I Have a Problem with Xbox Live Sign in for PC (0x89235107) Someone Told Me to Install Xbox Identity Provider but When I Try to Download It There Is No Install Button...
  6. I have a valid Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, provided by EE, but its not showing/ working in the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a valid Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, provided by EE, but its not showing/ working in the...: I have a valid Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, provided by EE, but today its not showing in the Xbox App on my PC. It was working fine yesterday. I have tried resetting the Xbox App, I have uninstalled...
  7. Cant Find Xbox Identity Provider On Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant Find Xbox Identity Provider On Microsoft Store: Cant find Xbox Identity Provider on the Microsoft Store 3517525c-0421-4c95-97b4-d7f589c46b22
  8. the Dependencies for XBOX Identity provider cant be found in the appstore and my xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the Dependencies for XBOX Identity provider cant be found in the appstore and my xbox app...: so i come to install the xbox app on my windows 10 laptop, and its missing these two components, but it states Installing, but its been going on for ages. Ive looked in the appstore and they're...
  9. "this app needs an extra component. provides functionality for xbox live in-game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "this app needs an extra component. provides functionality for xbox live in-game...: In the xbox app (which was working before) I get the message "this app needs an extra component. provides functionality for xbox live in-game experiences." I can't click the "Install" button. The...
  10. I can't sign into Xbox live and the app isn't providing me any error messages or reason (PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't sign into Xbox live and the app isn't providing me any error messages or reason (PC): As the title says really. I keep attempting to sign in to the Xbox app but unfortunately I'm unable to. I've tried re-installing the app, and my password works fine on here. When i attempt to...