Promoting Child Account / Epic Friends

Discus and support Promoting Child Account / Epic Friends in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've reached out to support chat with no help... My son has an xbox account that was incorrectly set up as a child account years ago. I promoted that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dohg0927, Sep 29, 2018.

1. dohg0927
    dohg0927 Guest

I've reached out to support chat with no help...

My son has an xbox account that was incorrectly set up as a child account years ago. I promoted that account to an "adult" and completed the credit card verification, but it is somewhere still flagged as a child account. (I know this bc when I go to look
    at links to social media, it says its restricted due to being a child account.)

Given it's a child account, we are unable to crossplay with our Epic Friends on Fortnite and obviously our investment is already put into the Epic account tied to the child account.

Help! How can we make sure our account is reflected properly to an adult account, or are there any work arounds?

Thanks!

:)

dohg0927, Sep 29, 2018
  2. phoggytoast
    phoggytoast Guest
    Promoting child account

I have been a child account for years now ever since I created my account, but I'm 18 now and going to college in a couple months, but it still says my account is a child account. This is really annoying me, because I am on my own now and am in college,
    but I still can't control my account. My brother (who is my "adult") is trying to find a way to promote me, but we can't. I am on Xbox one and live in the U.S. How do I fix this?

phoggytoast, Sep 29, 2018
  3. phoggytoast
    phoggytoast Guest
    Promoting child account

My 18th birthday has passed. I have my ID to prove it and everything, but it's still not showing up anywhere I look. I doubt I put in the wrong date, but is there anyway to check that? If I did put the wrong date in that's extremely annoying...

phoggytoast, Sep 29, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Thanks for reaching out the issue you're describing is being reviewed and more information will be made released as soon as it is available.

XBF George L, Sep 29, 2018
  5. XBF George L Win User

Thanks for reaching out the issue you're describing is being reviewed and more information will be made released as soon as it is available.
  6. Pancake Ender Win User

Xbox Live Profile

Were you part of a family pack? If so your account was changed to a child account. Your friend will need to accept the terms of use for you then you can promote your account back to an adult account using this support article:

support.xbox.com/.../promote-child-account
  7. Tweaked Donkey Win User

Adult account

8. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Changing my acount from child to parent

9. x24hrs2livex Win User

Cannot download Free Gold Game: Hitman Absolution due to "Child" or "Teen" account??

Thema:

1. Promoting Child Account / Epic Friends - Similar Threads - Promoting Child Account

2. New mtn dew xbox promotion only requires 350 caps for a series x

in XboX Insiders
    New mtn dew xbox promotion only requires 350 caps for a series x: So apparently there's another mtn dew promo going on where it only takes 350 cap codes to get a series x. I won last year's custom series x and probably average 3 a day and have several coworkers...
  3. I want to promote xbox but i dont know how so what can i do to promote xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to promote xbox but i dont know how so what can i do to promote xbox?: I seen creators that have nothing to do with Xbox get free stuff and i want to promote Xbox and showcase Xbox hardware/other things but i dont know how to do that. can someone help me....
  4. Mountain Dew Gaming Promotion

in XBoX on Windows
    Mountain Dew Gaming Promotion: I bought 2 bottles of the mountain dew code red with the halo/doom promotion but neither had a code in the cap. Does that product only advertise or should it have been there?...
  5. I redeemed a MTNDEW code for the new Xbox promotion and I have not received the free game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed a MTNDEW code for the new Xbox promotion and I have not received the free game...: I redeemed the code yesterday and I got the points for the website, but I haven't gotten the free game pass. What do I do. 8a09deba-3842-4db6-961d-edbc5900897f
  6. Mountain Dew Rockstar Doritos promotion website won’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mountain Dew Rockstar Doritos promotion website won’t work: I’ve gone to the website on different devices to log in but they don’t work. I’ve tried to enter the month in the date of birth section for registration but any time I type in it it won’t work. Is...
  7. Can the promotion of Doritos Xbox help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can the promotion of Doritos Xbox help me?: When I put the Doritos Code to get the final pass game that works and when I had to register To log in. After the code firm did not feel email. Can you tell me why and what do I have to do?...
  8. When are there new Xbox updated for the doritodewrockstar promotion you’re having? Day and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are there new Xbox updated for the doritodewrockstar promotion you’re having? Day and...: I would like to know when to expect to see them update because it appears they’re going by faster than I can buy all the items I need to get the points 0d4a272f-97ee-47e7-a191-51b78fe2b84d
  9. Why can't I promote my account to adult

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I promote my account to adult: I'm 18 (uk) and my birthday on my account has been 28th September 2004 since creation of the account however it won't let me promote my account or on the "parent" account on my xbox, why is this...
  10. When are you supposed to get promoted from Omega?

in XboX Insiders
    When are you supposed to get promoted from Omega?: I've been in the insider program for exactly 3 years and 7 months and was seeing everyone using this new dashboard experience within the Alpha tier and was wondering how promotion within the...