Profile Switch

Discus and support Profile Switch in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a very old xbox 360 and I have a profile where I have all my game play progress and other stuff. I just got a new account, i add the account to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Madlove60, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Madlove60
    Madlove60 Guest

Profile Switch

I have a very old xbox 360 and I have a profile where I have all my game play progress and other stuff. I just got a new account, i add the account to the same xbox i have had for years. Now i want to transfer my old profile to my new profile. How do i
    do that?

:)

Madlove60, Oct 14, 2017
  2. Switch profiles

Trying to switch profiles without having to restart my xbox one each time. Can someone share how that's done? I was only able to access additional users on my system by removing the instant sign-in which was most ridiculous. What
    happened to the simplicity? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ShelledBrush85, Oct 14, 2017
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Switch profiles

Press the Xbox button the console to open the guide, then choose your profile. There's an option there to sign out and switch profiles.

Smwutches, Oct 14, 2017
  4. Profile Switch

Hi there,

Unfortunately nothing can be transferred between accounts-game purchases, achievements, etc. Some games allow a game save to be transferred, but no achievements can be earned from that point forward.

Mistress Sara, Oct 15, 2017
  5. Smwutches Win User

Switch profiles

Press the Xbox button the console to open the guide, then choose your profile. There's an option there to sign out and switch profiles.
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Switching Profiles

Hey there kazbear123!

When you sign in, are you using a second controller or are you using one controller? Generally, I recommend signing out of that profile and signing into the intended profile of use unless both players are using the Xbox One. This reduces the chance for any
    profile issues.
  7. Mistress Sara Win User

Profile Switch

Hi there,

Unfortunately nothing can be transferred between accounts-game purchases, achievements, etc. Some games allow a game save to be transferred, but no achievements can be earned from that point forward.
  8. onyxishere Win User

Switching Profiles

Sorry but nothing can be transferred from one gamertag to another.
  9. XBF - Dom Win User

Switching xbox profiles doesn't switch game profiles?

Hello Smooest,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

Can you provide more context about your issues so we can have a better understanding of it?

Is the game that you're playing an Xbox 360 game downloaded onto the Xbox Series S or is it newer?

What game(s) are you experiencing this issue with?

Are you referring to an in-game profile that's still signed into the game after switching accounts? (Ex: Dad account is signing into the game and loads in-game profile. Dad switches from his account to son's account and Dad's in-game profile is still signed in)
Thema:

Profile Switch

1. Profile Switch - Similar Threads - Profile Switch

2. Game maps not switching back with profile change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game maps not switching back with profile change: I have an xbox series x, and my gf has the series s. I recently logged her into my console to play her Way of the Hunter game, and when I signed her out, and myself back in, the game stays on her...
  3. Xbox elite 2 controller switching to default profile on its own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller switching to default profile on its own: My elite 2 controller has suddenly started doing this weird thing where the bumpers and profile switching button will stop working for a few seconds (weirdly other buttons still work), the...
  4. Switching xbox profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching xbox profiles?: Hi! I have 2 Microsoft accounts setup - 1 for myself and 1 for my son. Somehow I linked his Xbox profile to my account and my Xbox profile to his account. We have been playing for some time and I...
  5. Can you switch saved game data between profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you switch saved game data between profiles?: Dear Microsoft, My kids have extensive progress on several games On my my profile from when they were small. They have their own Profiles now. Is it possible to switch their save game progress...
  6. Why does my profile picture glitch when I switch accounts it makes my main accounts pfp my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my profile picture glitch when I switch accounts it makes my main accounts pfp my...: My pfp glitches everytime I switch accounts and puts my main accounts pfp on my 2nd account and I have to remove the account to fix it c31dc310-4ccb-44d7-ae4f-9746d9a8565b
  7. Switching profiles on an Xbox makes games crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switching profiles on an Xbox makes games crash: My friend has an Xbox and Xbox Game Pass. I have an Xbox and Xbox Game Pass. When I’m at my friend’s place, they’ll turn on their Xbox, open a Game Pass game, and start playing. Then, I’ll...
  8. If I put a childs account on a shared Xbox, can that child switch to another profile or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I put a childs account on a shared Xbox, can that child switch to another profile or...: If I put a childs account on a shared Xbox, will that child be able to change profiles? Or will they have to enter a password in order to go from their account to the adult one?...
  9. How do I switch data from one game to a different profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch data from one game to a different profile: I have a account I wanna switch my data from that account to my new account edac5ecb-58c4-48f4-8db4-6aa8858b82f0
  10. How can I sign into a child's profile of a Microsoft family account on Nintendo Switch...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I sign into a child's profile of a Microsoft family account on Nintendo Switch...: We have a family account, with one parent profile and two child profiles. I am trying to sign into one of the child profiles on Minecraft on Nintendo Switch. When I go through the process of...