Problems with the USB TV Tuner for XBOX One (Provider: Unitymedia Germany)

Discus and support Problems with the USB TV Tuner for XBOX One (Provider: Unitymedia Germany) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having trouble with the USB TV Tuner for XBOX One. During the setup, when channels are scanned, never all offered channels are found.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Don Oscarelli, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Problems with the USB TV Tuner for XBOX One (Provider: Unitymedia Germany)

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the USB TV Tuner for XBOX One.

During the setup, when channels are scanned, never all offered channels are found. Strangely, when starting a new scan some channels are found, that weren't found before and some other channels, that have been found in the previous scan, are missing.

But never all channels appear in the list.

It is possible to find all channels with a regular TV Tuner, so the problem has to be with either the USB TV Tuner or with the frequency list that it is using (I think the USB TV Tuner is downloading a list in the setup, when you have to type in your zip
    code and cable provider?).

The cable provider has a list with frequencies here: https://www.unitymedia.de/content/d...ervice/doc/Frequenzliste_August_September.pdf

Best,

Ludwig

:)

Don Oscarelli, Sep 4, 2017
  2. Zeltezaehler
    Zeltezaehler Guest
    Need an updated channel list - xbox one usb tv tuner is useless since august Problems with the USB TV Tuner for XBOX One (Provider: Unitymedia Germany) :(

Hi Microsoft Team,

I am from germany, sorry for my englisch.

I have got the xbox one usb tv tuner . This one:
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61lMtph6ikL._SL1000_.jpg

It worked flawlessly fine till august 2015. then my cable provider unitymedia switched channel frequencies and rearranged some channels.

Now the usb tv tuner can't find most of the channels cause it only searches at specific points for a TV-Channel, for example Channel A at 12.500 but it has been moved to 13.700. So the xbox one tv tuner "thinks" that there is no Channel A anymore which is
    not true cause a regular receiver can find Channel A with a regular scan/search.

So, Microsoft, please! contact unitymedia germany and update the channel list for north rhine westfalia esspecially MÜNSTER.

Because the usb tv tuner is useless since august and that is very dissappointing!

Zeltezaehler, Sep 5, 2017
  3. Krush24
    Krush24 Guest
    TV Tuner findet keine Sender (UnityMedia) | TV tuner does not find any stations (UnityMedia)

Hallo,

habe mir den TV Tuner zugelegt und ausprobiert.

Nach den Einstellungen findet er keine oder nur sehr wenige Sender.

Habe bereits verschiedene Einstellungen ausprobiert. Unitymedia kann mir auch nicht weiterhelfen.

An meinem Toshiba Fernseher funktioniert alles ohne Probleme.

Sobald das Kabel am Tuner hängt habe ich besagte Probleme.

Ich beziehe sonst die üblichen Sender (ARD, ZDF, Pro7, Viva, VOX, usw.; keine HD-Sender)

Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen. Ansonsten sehe ich mich leider gezwungen den Tuner zurück zu geben.

Mod Translation:

Hello,

I have the TV tuner added and tried.

After the settings it finds no or only very few transmitters.

Have already tried different settings. Unitymedia can not help me either.

On my Toshiba TV everything works without problems.

As soon as the cable hangs on the tuner I have said problems.

I refer otherwise the usual channels (ARD, ZDF, Pro7, Viva, VOX, etc, no HD transmitters)

I hope you can help me. Otherwise, I am unfortunately forced to give the tuner back.

Krush24, Sep 5, 2017
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Tv postal code incorrect..

The Xbox One Digital TV Tuner is available for users in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Australia, and the United Kingdom.

So I can only assume that as Singapore is not a supported region for the tuner that would be the problem.
  5. Mack Daddy 1 Win User

OneGuide on Xbox One Error: "We've lost your TV listing"

I am having same problem using OTA Xbox USB TV Tuner (Haupage official xbox tuner)
  6. ThisIsDaku Win User

TV Tuner /One Guide problem

Okay… This seems to be a Problem with DVB-C from Unitymedia in Germany. The Regions where you have Kabel Deutschland seem to be unaffected. All complaints on the Internet I found were from people with Cable TV from Unitymedia, with users of Kabel Deutschland
    reporting that everything is fine for them.

Is there any way to (quickly) get Microsofts attention for this problem?

If not I will just send it in for repair over and over again until there is a fix.
  7. Mister Mascot Win User

TV Tuner findet keine Sender (UnityMedia) | TV tuner does not find any stations (UnityMedia)

Hey there keyl0ggs,

Which TV tuner are you using with the Xbox One console? Is this a USB TV Tuner attachment or are you using a Cable Box from Unitymedia?

Let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  8. BobMcFly247 Win User

Strict Nat Issues

Close to it R0zilla ;)

It was an (real) IPv6 connection which was used to realize IPv4 through a tunnel. Which led to have the traffic of the One tunneled by teredo by an IPv6 tunnel through an already through IPv6 tunneled Ipv4 tunnel ;) The problem is known with all cable providers
    in germany not only unitymedia.

Sri for offtopic :)
Thema:

Problems with the USB TV Tuner for XBOX One (Provider: Unitymedia Germany)

1. Problems with the USB TV Tuner for XBOX One (Provider: Unitymedia Germany) - Similar Threads - Problems USB Tuner

2. USB problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB problem: Hi there needing help ASAP. I got myself G920 steering wheel a few months ago and everything was going OK. But thought the steering wheel wasn't working properly on my xbox one x so I got myself a...
  3. USB problem

in XBoX on Windows
    USB problem: I put my usb connected to my xbox 360 into a computer than back in the xbox 360 and now the usb wont work why? ce23e588-3434-487c-9e82-0ec324063861
  4. Xbox series X/S controller USB-C on PC problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S controller USB-C on PC problem.: controller worked normally since i have gotten it around 8 months ago, USB-C cable doesnt read the controller on PC unless i tilt the cable and get some tension on it. All drivers are updated,...
  5. Problem with USB Flash drive 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with USB Flash drive 3.0: [img] I bought a 2 Tb USB (USB 3.0 high speed recording drive 8.9M / S-18.9M / S) but it doesn't work when downloading games and screenshots, the following message appears: [img] [img] I...
  6. problem to record with Usb 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem to record with Usb 3.0: Hi guys, I am having a problem with recording xbox one. I record gameplays with a Pendrive 3.0 for up to an hour. But recently the recording is nowhere near that. The recording is stopping in...
  7. Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 - USB controller detection problem (CH Controllers)

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 - USB controller detection problem (CH Controllers): Hi All Hope someone can help me. Successfully configured my CH Flight Sim Yoke to work Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 and did some flying around and landing around my hometown no problems. The...
  8. USB port problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB port problem: My Xbox one s usb does not work because when i plug my iphone to charge it wont charge it and i have tried other chargers just in case it was just that one that did not work but it does it with...
  9. Xbox One USB Offline update problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One USB Offline update problem.: I am trying to update my Xbox One using the offline USB method. I have extracted all files and copied the folder into my NTPS USB stick. The update goes well up until its the first few seconds of...
  10. USB problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    USB problem: I did a factory reset on my original xbox 360 on Christmas day, nowmy games aren't reading my USB sticks. I took them out before the factory reset so I wouldn't lose anything, but now I can't get...