Problems with HDMI-CEC after the latests Update [Insider]

Discus and support Problems with HDMI-CEC after the latests Update [Insider] in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I love the HDMI-CEC features, to turn on my TV with the xbox controller, and turn my xbox off with the TV remote. but after i got the last update -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EdzioEd, Nov 29, 2021.

1. EdzioEd
    EdzioEd Guest

I love the HDMI-CEC features, to turn on my TV with the xbox controller, and turn my xbox off with the TV remote. but after i got the last update - 10.0.22000.3006 (xb_flt_2111co.2111119-2200) its not working, none of it.

Rechecked tv settings, they are still standing, rechecked on xbox, turned off and on the settings, nothing.

Anyone with the same issues?

:)

EdzioEd, Nov 29, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey EdzioEd, how are you today? Hope you're well.

A few insiders have reported this issue after the latest update. But in that case, we advise reporting this issue on the insiders' hub app on the console or PC app. But since it's happening on the console, I advise you report it on the insiders' hub on the console.
  3. EdzioEd Win User

Hey Thanks!

Well guess that DID help, at least i know it's not a ME thing.

I assume its related to the new "switch between TV and XBOX" command in there.

Either way i'll report and wait! Thanks!
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Xbox one won't turn on my insiginia tv when I turn the console on

Hi,

Exactly which Xbox One model are you on? HDMI-CEC (the feature for what you’re trying to do) is only supported on Xbox One X and Series X|S consoles, and it’s not possible to enable this on any previous Xbox models.

Are you an Xbox Insider and what OS version are you currently on? You can find this info in Settings > System > Console info.

Your TV appears to support HDMI-CEC, so no concerns there.

https://www.insigniaproducts.com/pdp/NS-32DD220NA16/1054012

If you have a compatible Xbox One and the software is updated, then verify that this option is enabled in Settings > General > Sleep mode & start-up > TV & A/V power options. Refer to:

How do I control other devices using HDMI-CEC? | Xbox Support

You may need to restart your console so that the changes properly take effect. Be sure to wait at least 10-15 seconds before reconnecting the power to completely reset the power supply.

Keep in mind that there are known issues with this feature as mentioned in the status for the most recent update here:

What's new: Xbox system updates

> Some players have reported that HDMI-CEC isn’t working correctly. Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and that it’s enabled. If the issue persists, report the problem

Hope this helps.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox One HDMI CEC

translation

Good afternoon.

Please return HDMI CEC, after the last update, this function has disappeared, it is very convenient.

Thank you in advance!
    xbox does not support hdmi cec, but it controls tv's via infrared, check to see if this is still setup on your console and re programme if needed.

xbox не поддерживает hdmi cec, но контролирует ТВ через ИК-порт, проверьте, все ли еще настроено на вашей консоли, и перепрограммируйте, если необходимо.

6. StingingDragon3 Win User

Download queue not working

I reported this on the Insider Hub first thing. Personally started getting the problem after the latest update.
Thema:

1. Problems with HDMI-CEC after the latests Update [Insider] - Similar Threads - Problems HDMI CEC

2. my xbox series x's hdmi port just randomly stopped working when i was having problems with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x's hdmi port just randomly stopped working when i was having problems with...: i couldnt get it to work so i had to use my xbox one now so i wanna know how i can get a refund or something or atleast i want to be able to play teardown on my xbox one thanks sorry...
  3. Xbox s black screen but has sound not a HDMI problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox s black screen but has sound not a HDMI problem: Got an Xbox series **** was working fine all of a sudden the image ain't coming up on my screen it's just a black screen the sound comes through and I'll get a flicker of image but then it goes...
  4. Xbox problem with HDMI CEC and ARC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox problem with HDMI CEC and ARC: I have 2 different setup of TV/HT, Sony FHD with Sony HT HDMI ARC and Samsung 4K TV with Samsung HT HDMI ARC. With Sony PS4 ZERO problems.. After change for Xbox Series S, sometimes has no sound...
  5. Connection problem old Xbox cables to modern tv that uses HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem old Xbox cables to modern tv that uses HDMI: How do I connect my Xbox that uses plug in cables (red, white, green etc) to a modern television that only has links for HDMI connections? Is it possible to buy some type of conversion plug? Thank...
  6. Problem connecting Xbox 360 E via HDMI to Samsung TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem connecting Xbox 360 E via HDMI to Samsung TV: Hi everyone. I recently bought a second-hand Xbox 360 E because my old 360 definitely died. The fact is that when I connected it to my 43 '' Samsung TV (Model UE43EU7025KXXC) it did not detect it....
  7. Oled cx and HDMI-CEC problem outside of playing time

in XboX Insiders
    Oled cx and HDMI-CEC problem outside of playing time: Anybody else experiencing that during non playing time, while streaming netflix or amazon prime, the tv switches by itself to the hdmi channel with xbox connected to. I have asked the company and...
  8. Bad HDMI retimer (or retainer?) IC known problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad HDMI retimer (or retainer?) IC known problem: Did Microsoft ever accept responsibility or have litigation come about regarding the known problem of bad HDMI retimer ICs in the One X? The repair shop looked it over and said this was definitely...
  9. Problem Xbox and Splitter HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem Xbox and Splitter HDMI: Hi, I have this configuration: Xbox one X Monitor 4K with HDR 10 Splitter HDMI that support 4K and HDR10 HDMI Capture Card (connected with Usb at my Pc) The problem is if i want to use...
  10. Hardware Problem/Failure to Connect to HDMI - Anyone Else?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware Problem/Failure to Connect to HDMI - Anyone Else?: My Xbox one is having trouble connecting to the TV. I try connecting to 3 different TVs and sometimes I will get lucky with one of them. I’ve noticed the times it does work, the fan is running at...