Problems with greyed out speaker audio

Discus and support Problems with greyed out speaker audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have googled many things watch videos on how to get the speaker audio in grade out because I have no sound whatsoever running through the speakers or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by richard flowers, Nov 30, 2023.

  1. Problems with greyed out speaker audio


    I have googled many things watch videos on how to get the speaker audio in grade out because I have no sound whatsoever running through the speakers or tv. My wife accidentally unplugged the Xbox made the screen small and no audio. I did a soft factory reset and redid everything, it fixed the screen but now I do not have any audio and the speaker audio is greyed out.

    :)
     
    richard flowers, Nov 30, 2023
    #1
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

    Problems with greyed out speaker audio

    Hello richard flowers,

    Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

    We totally understand that you want to fix your Xbox's audio. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check the account or the devices that is connected to your account. No worries, we do have some effective troubleshooting steps here that could fix the issue.

    Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:



    1. Check your audio settings: Go to Settings > Display & Sound > Audio Output and make sure the correct audio output is selected.



    2. Check your cables: Make sure all cables are securely connected to your Xbox and TV/speakers.



    3. Restart your Xbox: Try restarting your Xbox by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then turn it back on.



    4. Check for updates: Make sure your Xbox is up to date with the latest software updates.



    5. Try a different audio source: If possible, try connecting your Xbox to a different TV or speakers to see if the issue persists.

    Hope I helped! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.


    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

    Problems with greyed out speaker audio

    Hello richard flowers,



    We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)



    Thank you for understanding.



    Regards,

  4. ObsessedPirate1 Win User

    hdmi output greyed out

    its not the setup its the fact that on the xbox the HDMI audio output is greyed out and wont let me change it.

    the speaker audio wont let me change it.
  5. Rachie64 Win User

    Mute symbol on Xbox one x

    Thanks for advice,

    Our volume & audio output section has 3 headings;

    volume options

    speaker audio (which is greyed out)

    headset audio

    doesnt appear to have a audio tv only option?

    Any other ideas?!
  6. peixe br Win User

    Party chat audio

    they will not solve your problem. there is no solution and they are **** on it.

    if it is to be recorded, sets the audio to come out on the TV speaker. stream and stream your audio through a smartphone.
Thema:

Problems with greyed out speaker audio

Loading...
  1. Problems with greyed out speaker audio - Similar Threads - Problems greyed speaker

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Report a problem button not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Report a problem button not working properly.: I hold the Xbox button and push “report a problem” it says “gathering information” but that’s as far as it goes. It’s ironic to me that the report a problem button is causing issues. submitted by...
  4. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  5. Another Problem I had was Series X becomes unresponsive after switching TV input (Delta...

    in XboX Insiders
    Another Problem I had was Series X becomes unresponsive after switching TV input (Delta...: I’m seeing an issue on Xbox Series X running the Delta ring firmware. After switching my TV input away from the console (to a Roku device) and then switching back, the console becomes completely...
  6. Battlefield 6 - Disc to Digital problem

    in XboX Insiders
    Battlefield 6 - Disc to Digital problem: Has anyone else experienced this? When I try to claim the BF6 digital liscense, it appears to work, however upon launching the game it still prompts me to buy it. It's strange because games that...
  7. HDMI-CEC Wake/Color Gamut Problem....?

    in XboX Insiders
    HDMI-CEC Wake/Color Gamut Problem....?: This isn't a 'new' issue. I honestly thought it was just my cheap TV, but now I wonder... Every time I power on my console (Energy Saving Mode), and the console turns on the TV (also in Energy...
  8. Having problems seeing my full library post joining Insider

    in XboX Insiders
    Having problems seeing my full library post joining Insider: Title says it. Its not showing me my library anymore. Or my game pass that I get through a friend. This has been happening since I joined the insider program in anticipation for the disc to...
  9. Problem by having Green Screen and Grey after it

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem by having Green Screen and Grey after it: I'm having an Xbox One X since the release of it and i'm now having a big issue with it. My issue is that when i'm starting my Xbox i'm having the Green Screen with the Xbox Logo loading, and...
  10. Xbox One X Youtube 4k problem - Green & Grey Screen with Lines

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Youtube 4k problem - Green & Grey Screen with Lines: I'm restarting this convo since the issue appears to not be fixed. When viewing newer 4k content the video after a while will freeze with a green screen with lines or it or a grey screen, it...