Problems with Game DVR---Only records for 1 second.--Xbox One

Discus and support Problems with Game DVR---Only records for 1 second.--Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On my Xbox one, when I do something really cool while playing a game like BF4...I say "Xbox, snap Game DVR" and then it takes me there. So I always... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by B1teDaBull3t, Jan 5, 2014.

1. B1teDaBull3t
    B1teDaBull3t Guest

On my Xbox one, when I do something really cool while playing a game like BF4...I say "Xbox, snap Game DVR" and then it takes me there. So I always select "End Clip" because I just did something cool. And then I select "3 Minutes" or "1 minute" and then
    I check later to see if it recorded...I play it... and it recorded for 1 second -_______________- And its gotta be when I do something cool, right? Like come on! Please tell me how to record for how long I actually want to record it...

:)

B1teDaBull3t, Jan 5, 2014
  2. vFlare
    vFlare Guest
    What happened to Five minutes?

The help menu on Xbox One states:

To record what's about to happen:

1. Load your game, then launch Game DVR.
    2. Select Start new clip. The Game DVR app records for up to 5 minutes, then adds the clip to
      My clips in the Upload app.

To record what just happened:

1. Load your game, and play as usual. When something cool happens and you want to record it, launch the Game DVR app. The easiest way to do this is by saying, "Xbox, snap Game DVR."
    2. Select End clip now and choose how far back you want Game DVR to grab. You can grab up to the last 5 minutes.

Sounds to me like simply saying "Xbox, record that." only records the last 30~ seconds of what previously happened, whereas what you needed to do was the second option that I listed.

vFlare, Jan 5, 2014
  3. SoCalGamr
    SoCalGamr Guest
    "XBOX record that" only recording 1 second clips??

On Battlefield 4, "Xbox, Record That" isn't working, doesn't record anything, even though I get the notification that it does. And game dvr is only recording 1 second clips. Hope this gets fixed ASAP.

SoCalGamr, Jan 5, 2014
  4. SoCalGamr Win User

"XBOX record that" only recording 1 second clips??

On Battlefield 4, "Xbox, Record That" isn't working, doesn't record anything, even though I get the notification that it does. And game dvr is only recording 1 second clips. Hope this gets fixed ASAP.
  5. vFlare Win User

What happened to Five minutes?

The help menu on Xbox One states:

To record what's about to happen:

1. Load your game, then launch Game DVR.
    2. Select Start new clip. The Game DVR app records for up to 5 minutes, then adds the clip to
      My clips in the Upload app.

To record what just happened:

1. Load your game, and play as usual. When something cool happens and you want to record it, launch the Game DVR app. The easiest way to do this is by saying, "Xbox, snap Game DVR."
    2. Select End clip now and choose how far back you want Game DVR to grab. You can grab up to the last 5 minutes.

Sounds to me like simply saying "Xbox, record that." only records the last 30~ seconds of what previously happened, whereas what you needed to do was the second option that I listed.
  6. onyxishere Win User

using the DVR service on Xboxone

Sorry but you cannot record live TV from the Xbox One using DVR. You can only use the DVR to record Xbox One video games.
  7. tohellnbak Win User

Longer Game DVR recordings

ICE Snap Game DVR >End Clip >Select time >Save

The Xbox record that feature only records the last 30 seconds
  8. Butta357 Win User

Upload Studio always crashes and clips not recording

I am having the problem with the "xbox record that" method. It was working fine at first then I noticed the one second clips and now it recognizes the command but no file is in upload studio. No problems with making a clip in game dvr though.
Thema:

1. Problems with Game DVR---Only records for 1 second.--Xbox One - Similar Threads - Problems Game DVR

2. Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games: Hello. My Series X is having this weird issue where commentator voices from several FIFA games (FIFA 23 and 22) aren’t getting captured by the Xbox DVR. I started noticing this 6 days ago. I can...
  3. Xbox Windows 10 App - Game DVR problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Windows 10 App - Game DVR problem: Hi, I would like to know how to fix this problem. It is related with the Game DVR which doesn't let me open the application when playing a game (Win +G). These are the error messages in the Xbox...
  4. Problem with the Game DVR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with the Game DVR: So I try to use the Game DVR as a recorder for YouTube. Only when I tried to do it on Minecraft 1.8 on a server, I found that the recorder doesn't work when Minecraft is fullscreen because I can't...
  5. Game DVR Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR Problem: I just used the "Start Recording" option on Game DVR to record a clip just shy of 6 mins in length - however, the clip isn't in the list of clips made either in Game DVR or Upload studio, but it...
  6. Problem with Windows 10 Screen recorder (Game DVR) - Audio and video does not sync

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Windows 10 Screen recorder (Game DVR) - Audio and video does not sync: Hi, when I record lectures online the audio and video doesn´t sync. The video is maybe 5 seconds ahead of the audio on a one hour recording. The online lecture is not having any sync problems....
  7. Problem with Raedon r5 m230 + hd8500m Game DVR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Raedon r5 m230 + hd8500m Game DVR: I need help i have a r5 m230 + hd8500m on a lenovo g-50, i cant record gameplays with game DVR. Pls Help 2d58262d-e59c-497d-b272-9d3b0fc7dec9
  8. Game DVR problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR problem: Hey Guys, In my xbox one app for Windows 10 i cant record with Game DVR. When i go to Settings and press on the Game DVR button it calls ,,A Problem is occurred please try again later´´ can...
  9. problem with game dvr

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem with game dvr: recently everytime i try to upload clip to xbl it says unable to upload to xbl but i have lots of free space but it gets even stranger as i can upload screenshots but not clips even through upload...
  10. Game dvr/external harddrive problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game dvr/external harddrive problem.: Morning to all, maybe someone can help me.... Since plugging my usb external harddrive into my xbox one I am unable to record clips or take screenshots for some strange reason. Can someone please...