Problems with an Xbox hard drive

Discus and support Problems with an Xbox hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My family has had this Xbox hard drive for a few years now. Saved data, DLC, pictures, games. You name it, it was on the hard drive. One day however,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MichaelD.II, Feb 8, 2022.

1. MichaelD.II
    MichaelD.II Guest

My family has had this Xbox hard drive for a few years now. Saved data, DLC, pictures, games. You name it, it was on the hard drive. One day however, the drive just... stopped working. the light wouldn't come on no matter what we tried. My brother and I decided to unplug it and leave it for a few days to see what would happen because this is how we solved most issues like this one. It didn't work this time, so we had given up for a while until today. When I plugged it into the Xbox One this morning, it had lit up as if it was working, but the hard drive was not showing up in the storage devices. So I decided to try my luck on the PC, and the PC was reading it as a device. I still cannot access the files on the drive to transfer them to a better working one however and was wondering how to do that.

:)

MichaelD.II, Feb 8, 2022
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hard Drive Not Recognised

Hi, the problem is that you configured the hard drives as xbox USB storage devices, this will have removed information the console needs to distinguish an xbox hard drive from a USB hard drive. In essence this now means you can't use the hard drives as
    xbox hard drives again.
  3. medium bloke Win User

Hard drive not recognised

I see two possibilities then, the data on the hard drive has been corrupted somehow, or the Xbox is no longer able to detect hard drives any more. I would recommend getting your Xbox repaired, but in the meantime is there another Xbox you could put your
    hard drives in to see if it is a problem with your Xbox, or if it is a problem with the hard drives?
  4. BUTTO FINGA Win User

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3

Some of my friends are having the same problem with the 20GB hard drive and an original XBOX 360 but my other friends with an original XBOX 360 with a 60GB hard drive and up do not have this problem... I assume it's the hard drive?
  5. CrazY1985 Win User

e68 error

It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it.

If this works, then it's your harddrive. Install the harddrive back in your xbox and try again.
  6. LightningRaines Win User

Xbox original games on 360

The most common problem is either with the game and/or the hard drive.

For example, some original xbox games are able to be played.

The problem with the hard drive is the it can only play original xbox games if your xbox has a Microsoft brand hard drive.

If you still have a problem keeping posting on this or a new thread :)
Thema:

1. Problems with an Xbox hard drive - Similar Threads - Problems hard drive

2. Problem with NTFS external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with NTFS external hard drive: My external hard drive is no longer detected as a valid location and I get the error message: Please check if your drive is in NTFS format e7f5bddd-a869-49a3-a35c-864028639867
  3. XBOX 360 hard drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 hard drive problem: I had an xbox 360 fat lying from years.i cleaned it internaly as well as externally i started the console it worked but its internal hard drive of 20gb was currupted so i watched some tutorials on...
  4. Seagate External hard drive slowing down xbox series s anyone else having this problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate External hard drive slowing down xbox series s anyone else having this problem?: So I'm just gonna be straight forward whenever I have my hard drive plugged in it seems to be connected but whenever I go to launch a game it doesn't launch or launches very slow until I unplug it...
  5. Problem installing some games on external hard drive XBox One S

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem installing some games on external hard drive XBox One S: Hi everyone, I'm recently encountering issues with few games when trying to install them on the external hard drive of my Xbox One S. To be precise, my external hard drive is a HDD on a docking...
  6. Problem with Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with Hard Drive: Good night, my Xbox has a HD problem. I took it to technical assistance and they said they need to buy another one with the same numbering as my old hard drive. Does it need to be the same...
  7. External hard drive problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problem.: My external hard drive is not showing in my storage devices. I’ve had it about 2 years, never had any problems. I’ve tried resets and plugged in to another xbox, with no luck. How do i know if...
  8. External hard drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problem: I'm having a problem with a hard drive that I've had for a while, One day its working fine and the next day its not. For some reason, it will connect and show installed games but when I try and...
  9. External hard drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problem: Hi have a new external storage for the xbox one.When I go to copy game over the "move" or "copy" button is greyed out? any ideas why? It's driving me crazy,any help greatfully appreciated :)...
  10. Xbox Hard Drive Pop Up Problem on New Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Hard Drive Pop Up Problem on New Series S: I have the new series S with an external harddrive plugged into it. When I am playing games it constantly will shut down and let me know the external drive is ready. Is there a solution to fix...