Problems upgrading from Killer Instinct Combo Edition to Ultra Edition

Discus and support Problems upgrading from Killer Instinct Combo Edition to Ultra Edition in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the $20 Combo Edition at launch. Now I want to buy the Ultra Edition for the extra costumes and original Killer Instinct. It seems to me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kakarot Bond, Jan 8, 2014.

  1. Kakarot Bond
    Kakarot Bond Guest

    Problems upgrading from Killer Instinct Combo Edition to Ultra Edition


    I bought the $20 Combo Edition at launch. Now I want to buy the Ultra Edition for the extra costumes and original Killer Instinct. It seems to me that the Ultra Edition should cost me $20, not the $40 it is listed for in the store on Xbox One. I don't
    want to pay for the Combo Breaker Edition content twice. Is there a patch coming for this? Or is there something else I can do the purchase the Ultra Edition after I paid for the Combo Edition?

    Thanks

    :)
     
    Kakarot Bond, Jan 8, 2014
    #1
  2. Kakarot Bond
    Kakarot Bond Guest
    Problems Upgrading from Killer Instinct Combo to Killer Instinct Ultra

    I bought the $20 version of Killer Instinct at launch. Now I want to get the Killer Instinct Ultra edition for the new costumes, and original Killer Instinct. But the Ultra Edition costs $40. I don't want to pay for the content of KI Combo Edition twice.
    Is there a way I can get the KI Ultra Edition for $20? Or is there a patch coming for this?

    Thanks.
     
    Kakarot Bond, Jan 8, 2014
    #2
  3. Killer Instinct 2 on the Xbox One?

    Alternatively, you can buy the Combo Edition, which gets you all of the current characters for $20 or the Ultra Edition for $40, which gets you all that + the original Killer Instinct with its own set of achievements. The Combo and Ultra Editions have gone
    on sale recently, so you might be able to get them cheaper, but I don't know for sure whether those sales have ended or not.
     
    Galactic Geek, Jan 8, 2014
    #3
  4. MintHalfling
    MintHalfling Guest

    Problems upgrading from Killer Instinct Combo Edition to Ultra Edition

    I found someone on the Double Helix forums who worked out how to it, follow these steps.

    "First and foremost you have to be on chat with support while you do this.

    1. Buy the Combo Breaker Pack

    2. Call Support

    3. Buy the Ultra Edition

    4. Support fills out a refund request

    5. You get your $20 refund in 24-48 hours

    Its not what we wanted but it works for those that can't wait"

    I haven't tried it myself but apparently this is the only way for now.

    Hope this helps
     
    MintHalfling, Jan 9, 2014
    #4
  5. Kakarot Bond
    Kakarot Bond Guest
    Thanks for the help. I will give this a try.
     
    Kakarot Bond, Nov 1, 2018
    #5
  6. Kakarot Bond Win User

    Problems upgrading from Killer Instinct Combo Edition to Ultra Edition

    Thanks for the help. I will give this a try.
  7. MintHalfling Win User

    Problems upgrading from Killer Instinct Combo Edition to Ultra Edition

    I found someone on the Double Helix forums who worked out how to it, follow these steps.

    "First and foremost you have to be on chat with support while you do this.

    1. Buy the Combo Breaker Pack

    2. Call Support

    3. Buy the Ultra Edition

    4. Support fills out a refund request

    5. You get your $20 refund in 24-48 hours

    Its not what we wanted but it works for those that can't wait"

    I haven't tried it myself but apparently this is the only way for now.

    Hope this helps
  8. Galactic Geek Win User

    Killer Instinct 2 on the Xbox One?

    Alternatively, you can buy the Combo Edition, which gets you all of the current characters for $20 or the Ultra Edition for $40, which gets you all that + the original Killer Instinct with its own set of achievements. The Combo and Ultra Editions have gone
    on sale recently, so you might be able to get them cheaper, but I don't know for sure whether those sales have ended or not.
  9. CRUZZifer Win User

    Killer Instinct Season 2 Changes Pt. 1 (System & Mechanics)

  10. Farscape247 Win User

    Killer Instinct Season 2 Ultra Edition GwG

    killer instinct ultra edition, this is for season 1 and includes killer instinct classic number 1, season 2 must be purchased.
Thema:

Problems upgrading from Killer Instinct Combo Edition to Ultra Edition

Loading...
  1. Problems upgrading from Killer Instinct Combo Edition to Ultra Edition - Similar Threads - Problems upgrading Killer

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Report a problem button not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Report a problem button not working properly.: I hold the Xbox button and push “report a problem” it says “gathering information” but that’s as far as it goes. It’s ironic to me that the report a problem button is causing issues. submitted by...
  4. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  5. Another Problem I had was Series X becomes unresponsive after switching TV input (Delta...

    in XboX Insiders
    Another Problem I had was Series X becomes unresponsive after switching TV input (Delta...: I’m seeing an issue on Xbox Series X running the Delta ring firmware. After switching my TV input away from the console (to a Roku device) and then switching back, the console becomes completely...
  6. Battlefield 6 - Disc to Digital problem

    in XboX Insiders
    Battlefield 6 - Disc to Digital problem: Has anyone else experienced this? When I try to claim the BF6 digital liscense, it appears to work, however upon launching the game it still prompts me to buy it. It's strange because games that...
  7. HDMI-CEC Wake/Color Gamut Problem....?

    in XboX Insiders
    HDMI-CEC Wake/Color Gamut Problem....?: This isn't a 'new' issue. I honestly thought it was just my cheap TV, but now I wonder... Every time I power on my console (Energy Saving Mode), and the console turns on the TV (also in Energy...
  8. a problem software upgrade

    in XBoX on Consoles
    a problem software upgrade: good evening there is a problem after the last software upgrade on the xbox s i can't connect to the internet either with a wired network or with wifi i tried with the usb update osu1 but nothing...
  9. Problems with the upgrade vault edition

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with the upgrade vault edition: I bought mw3 cross geb bundle on disc for xbox series x and today i bought on xbox store the upgrade vault edition of mw3 $30 it cost me but im having problems it wont let me use the operators it...
  10. Upgrade vault edition problem

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upgrade vault edition problem: I bought the mw3 game on disk everything worked fine I saw that they released the vault edition for 30 dollars I bought it and installed it but I didn't receive anything can anyone help me?...