Problems connecting to Xbox consoles in the same house

Discus and support Problems connecting to Xbox consoles in the same house in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Problems connecting to Xbox consoles in the same house Halp! What am I missing? My husband and I have two Xbox One consoles. Our issue was that we... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by LeahTN79, Apr 13, 2020.

1. LeahTN79
    LeahTN79 Guest

Halp! What am I missing?

My husband and I have two Xbox One consoles. Our issue was that we could not play games together because they were trying to use the same port. When he'd try to jump into my Borderlands 3 game from his console, it would shut his entire Xbox down, and vice
    versa if I tried to jump into his.

Yesterday I purchased a Netgear AC1750 router, bridged my AT&T gateway to it, and I've been working on the settings for a couple of hours. I still can't quite get it to work.

Static IP addresses are assigned for both consoles through both the consoles and port forwarding on the router. Subnet, Gateway, and DNS on the consoles match the settings from Ipconfig.

I had open NAT on mine, but now it's back to strict. I've not been able to get his to move from strict NAT to open NAT. And I am sometimes getting "Can't get Teredo IP" errors on both, especially when I turn UPnP on.

What am I missing?? I know it's probably something simple I'm just not familiar with and I just need to tweak settings, but I don't know what. I know his is showing port 3074, but 3075 is not showing in the alternate port drop down box on the Xbox.

I've been using this for a lot of the troubleshooting: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-nat-error#advanced-nat-troubleshooting-multiple-consoles

Note: I loaded Borderlands 3 last night using these settings and it let us play for several hours, then randomly kicked him out and shut his console down every time he tried to rejoin. I've also since tried changing his port forwarding to several of the
    alternate ports shown on the Xbox, as well as 1-3073,3075-whatever the screen was showing as max.

:)

LeahTN79, Apr 13, 2020
  2. wi7bit Win User

I agree with ArminatorX in that you need only to open the standard port to point towards your husbands console and the extra ports to point to yours. These are
    incoming ports ONLY. All the other ports (80, 53 etc.) do not need to be open, as there are no hosted services on the console that need them. Your firewall should automatically allow
    outgoing communications on all ports.

If you enable uPNP on your router, the consoles should take care of opening the port it needs automatically when configured in the consoles network settings.
  3. LeahTN79 Win User

We have now purchased a second Ultimate membership and uncrossed the home console designations. We completed deleted the other's user data from our own consoles. Thank you. I'll run through this list tonight and see if it works.
  4. LeahTN79 Win User

Sorry, I forgot to update. I've reversed everything and gone back to the AT&T connection since the router was not helping at all.
  5. taidara Win User

So I just followed these instructions and designated the ports for my husband's Xbox and right now he's jumped into my game and it's not kicked him off yet. No clue if it will hold out or if I can jump into his games.

https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-internet-equipment/how-to-port-forward-global-port-range-for-xbox-one/5defc039bad5f2f606b2449e
    Those instructions is for an AT&T device. You wrote that your AT&T modem/router is operating in bridge mode. There's no NAT policy in this mode.
  6. LeahTN79 Win User

Thank you for replying. My AT&T gateway was in bridge mode. The default port and alternate port is what I was trying to do, but I could not get it to work. UPnP was turned on at the router level, but the Xbox systems consistently said it was not available.
    However, I purchased a separate gamepass ultimate account for myself last night and we played for several hours without it kicking us off, so we are starting to wonder if the issue was at the Microsoft level and not at the gateway / router level.
Thema:

1. Problems connecting to Xbox consoles in the same house - Similar Threads - Problems connecting consoles

2. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  3. problem connecting to 5.0ghz but my 2.4ghz works just fine

in XboX Insiders
    problem connecting to 5.0ghz but my 2.4ghz works just fine: when i connect to 5G my internet will not connect with it but when i connect to 4G my internet is fine except it feeling like its dcing every 10 seconds when im playing games whihc is also another...
  4. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  5. why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem: I have an hardware problem i cant connect to wifi 8e189b8a-4a79-4bd8-83f1-9e4c7084e9fa
  6. Connection problems. Please don't suggest the obvious fixes as I've listed half the things...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problems. Please don't suggest the obvious fixes as I've listed half the things...: I am so very close to switching back to PlStaytion... weeks now I have had the worst connection issues to my xbox. Wired, 2G, 5G, new wires.. I even went as far as upgrading my internet...
  7. Is anyone else having a problem connecting to Xbox live/games pass?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having a problem connecting to Xbox live/games pass?: help - I cannot connect with Xbox live/game pass - I am hard wired bb5d908e-4a1a-4c6b-b9bb-c4cd20fdc979
  8. connection problem when turning on the console.

in XboX Insiders
    connection problem when turning on the console.: This problem has been present for some time now and I have already reported it several times from the console. The problem doesn't always happen but it's still present. I have the console (XBOX...
  9. I bought a Series S console and i’ve been experiencing problems with staying connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a Series S console and i’ve been experiencing problems with staying connected to...: please help with this problem so i don’t have to return my console 2dee7ca2-c3d8-4ac3-a757-3dbc4f2b89f9
  10. So recently ive came back to my xbox 360 and my console is having problems connecting to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So recently ive came back to my xbox 360 and my console is having problems connecting to...: So ive recently dtarted using my xbox 360 again and its having issues connecting to the Internet and im not able to create a xbox live account without it of course. So is there a way i can fix the...