Problems after Xbox One S latest update

Discus and support Problems after Xbox One S latest update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; All of my previously purchased Games on disc have disappeared from my owned Library. My Digital owned downloads are all showing in my library along... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NigelGraham1, Jun 21, 2021.

1. NigelGraham1
    NigelGraham1 Guest

All of my previously purchased Games on disc have disappeared from my owned Library. My Digital owned downloads are all showing in my library along with all games associated with my Xbox Ultimate and EA Subscriptions.

It came to my attention 2 days ago when I purchased Train Sim World 2 Collectors Edition on disc from Amazon. Everything loaded and the game opened but only as the Standard Game. However the add ons included with the collectors edition we’re showing as installed too. Now Train Sim World 2 allows you to play the add ons from TSW 2020 Edition under what is called your “ Preserved Collection “. You cannot access this if the library doesn’t confirm that you own the game. It was at this point I noticed that my other disc games some 30 in total were missing too. Such as Red Dead Redemption 2 - SnowRunner- Wreckfest etc. If I insert the disc at the get go without going to my library I can access the games.

All my games are downloaded and stored on an Xbox formatted 6TB usb3 External Hard Drive. If I go into storage and select the 6TB Drive all the disc games are there on the hard drive. As are all my games for Ultimate - Gold and EA Subscriptions.

If I then go into Microsoft Store / Xbox Games and search for the Disc Game Titles they are there with the Editions but as new purchases with the cost. Non of them state “ Owned “ as it used to do . This applies to all my disc games, Red Dead Redemption - SnowRunner etc. All are requesting me to purchase them. So not registering them as already owned. Therefore this must mean there is something drastically wrong.

Finally, 2 days ago the system asked me to install the latest update of around 850MB this I did, before inserting my new Train Sim World 2 disc to add to my library.

To anyone who may be able to provide guidance or a solution. I have tried to share as much info as possible to assist you.

Kind Regards. Nigel G

:)

NigelGraham1, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Keuleman Win User

DLC disappear after Installation / problems with moving content

Same problem now on my S after installing the latest system update!
  3. XBF Meryem R Win User

4. NigelGraham1 Win User

Hi Meryem R,

Thank You for your walk through solutions. I followed everything as per your instructions. Sadly things remain the same. The disc games no longer appear, after each stage of your suggested instructions I checked, Games/ Full library/All owned games at the moment = 63 however this number excludes my Games on Disc. As they are still not appearing.

Each time I carried out the next stage in your process I did the same it remained at 63..

I then went into the store on my Xbox and each Disc title no longer states owned. If I click on the game that I have a disc for that is actually downloaded and installed on my hard drive. And view Editions of that game, all editions are shown at a price including the edition I have on my disc. If I click a version it moves into my account ready to buy at the relevant price.

But I have already purchased the game on physical discs. They are on the hard drive, but the only way to see them is to pop the disc into the console. Then it will access the game. Yes I know that with a physical disc it asks you to insert it for verification. I’m not inserting the disc for that purpose. I’m inserting it to run the game.

What is so frustrating is that I cannot access additional content as the system and my account hasn’t registered the fact that I have a physical disc of these games.:

Rally 4

Red Dead Redemption 2

Mafia 3

Project Cars 2

Far Cry New Dawn

Strange Brigade

Ace Combat 7 Skies Uknown

Gravel

ARK

The Evil Within 2

Call of Duty Black Ops

Fallout 76

Fallout 4

Destiny 2

Skyrim The Elder Scrolls

For Honor

Train Sim World 2 Collectors Edition

Grand Theft Auto V

All on physical discs, all downloaded to hard drive. Non showing in my Library as owned or installed.

Yet if I bought a Digital download of a game, they are all ok, in my library as owned and the little tick inside the circle, when I check in the Game Store.

To give you some idea, I am heavily invested with a total game library including Ultimate and EA of 156 Titles.

So this situation is very frustrating. Help required before I go insane, seriously it is ridiculous that they have disappeared.

Thank You once again for you support and help in this matter.

Nigel G
  5. NigelGraham1 Win User

Hi Meryem R,

Apologies for my late reply, well I did what you suggested. Keeping all the Games and Apps. Then Entered my previous details and account to register the Xbox to me. Not sure if I did right. It offered the option to use my previous settings or not. I chose to use my previous settings.

The outcome generally remains the same: There is a difference in that some of my discs now show as installed but not owned. So if I go back into the store it doesn’t recognise that I already own them. So it offers the usual options to buy.

If I rewind to the 1st request for help, it came to my attention after purchasing Train Sim World 2 Collectors Edition, this is now showing as installed but not owned but as the standard game not the Collectors Edition and without the add on’s included in the Collectors Edition.

I am going to disconnect my external Xbox formatted drive. I have no games stored on the internal 1TB Xbox One S Drive. Then install Train Sim World 2 Collectors Edition, then see what it appears as? As I don’t really know what else to try. I will let you know how that works out.

Finally, is there some distinct difference we are unaware of between the following game status within your personal Library v Microsoft Game Store?

1) Owned. To me that means what it states giving me access to everything either on the Disc in the Case, the same applies to a Digital Download purchase too?

2) Installed. To me these Games are not owned as the above. You can install and use them because you have an Xbox Ultimate or Gold or the previous EA subscription services. So I look at it as if it is a lending library. It’s installed but the lender ( Ultimate ) may ask for its return. Before returning it I have the option to purchase at a reduced cost?

3) Game Pass. To me these are the same as above in that they are those included with my Ultimate Subscription. Or are they? Because if a previously owned game is added to Xbox Game Pass I have found during this current issue. That the status of the previously owned game is now showing the White Game Pass Box in the bottom left of Cover image and without the Download arrow.

If you then go back to the Game Store you find we are going around in circles as the once owned status has gone, if you click on the Game. We are back to being asked to purchase the game at the reduced Game Pass rate.

So come on Microsoft I own it either physically or digitally.

Why are your algorithms altering my purchase status. As a consequence blocking me from accessing the full content of my purchases / investment. Ugh

Regards Nigel G

PS If we cannot solve it between us, it’s been nice trying, and Thank You for your help.
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello there!

Regarding your issue I recommend that you try the troubleshooting steps provided below in order to resolve your issue:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Another step that you can try to resolve the issue, would be to remove and re-add your account. In order to do that please go to: settings> account> remove accounts> remove your account.

If this does not resolve your issue please follow the next steps:

1- Go to settings

2- Select devices and connections

3- Select Blu-ray

4- Choose persistent storage and clear it

If the issue still persists after going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 10-15 seconds plug all your cables back in and then restart your console.
Thema:

1. Problems after Xbox One S latest update - Similar Threads - Problems latest update

2. Anyone had a problem with the latest update stuck at verifying at %100?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone had a problem with the latest update stuck at verifying at %100?: So I tried to update my OG XBOX One but the update stopped at that point. It keeps restarting no matter what (by that I mean the usual 20 steps troubleshooting process). So I tried with an HDD and...
  3. Problem with netflix after latest xbox series x console update

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with netflix after latest xbox series x console update: [img] Hi everyone after the last two xbox console updates I am having issues with netflix where if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charging cable I get this error on netflix I never...
  4. Report a Problem has disappeared after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Report a Problem has disappeared after latest update: Upon attempting to report an issue with Fallout 4 achievements not registering, the Report a Problem app needed to update. After updating, the Report a Problem button is no longer available on the...
  5. Problem with latest Insider Xbox update

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with latest Insider Xbox update: Insider Alpha Ahead and after the last update of August 21st (OS version 10.0.25931.1006) (rs_xbox_dev_flight.230815-2000) my Xbox Series X console no longer connects to wired or wireless...
  6. i have a problem with the latest system update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    i have a problem with the latest system update.: i got an update so i obviously downloaded it but the problem is it did 3% of it and took me to an error screen saying there was a problem, ive asked this question like a 100 times on the community...
  7. Problem updating Xbox series X on latest update.

in XboX Insiders
    Problem updating Xbox series X on latest update.: Hello is there any insight what is causing this issue? You need this update to use your console, but something went wrong. Source OS: 10.0.25223.1001 Target OS: 10.0.25227.1001 Error code:...
  8. Controller Battery Problem After Latest Update.

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Battery Problem After Latest Update.: I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead program, after the latest update for the Xbox One Controller, my controller still drain the battery when is off, and I have Original Battery for Xbox Controllers, I hope...
  9. My report a problem is missing on latest beta build. Tried restart not resolved

in XboX Insiders
    My report a problem is missing on latest beta build. Tried restart not resolved: [IMG] submitted by /u/Vivid_Farm_4135 [link] [comments]
  10. Nba 2k crashing on latest alpha skip ahead and unable to submit problem report

in XboX Insiders
    Nba 2k crashing on latest alpha skip ahead and unable to submit problem report: Got the latest update today and nba 2k has crashed twice now. During gameplay complete shut down. Had to pull the plug to get it to come back up. Trying to submit a problem report but it has been...