Problem with Xbox autoupdate and manual update - can't use my Xbox

Discus and support Problem with Xbox autoupdate and manual update - can't use my Xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Two days ago while switching on Xbox we’ve seen a screen of Xbox autoupdate (automatic online). We waited patiently, but it stuck on 56% and didn’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SpicyOsprey7259, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Problem with Xbox autoupdate and manual update - can't use my Xbox

Two days ago while switching on Xbox we’ve seen a screen of Xbox autoupdate (automatic online). We waited patiently, but it stuck on 56% and didn’t want to go ahead. We left Xbox for over an hour hoping that it will finish update, but no. Xbox was switching on and off automatically, and the TV screen showed the same screen „Updating… Sit tight while we update your Xbox” and all the time 56% progress.

I tried resetting Xbox with instructions from MS Xbox website, like turning off Xbox with pushing X button for 10 sec. After that, unplugging power and waiting for 30 sec. Plugging in power, switching on Xbox… and again received the same screen and information with 56% progress bar.

After that I tried to find some solution within community, nothing found. Tried to contact to MS support, but with no luck. After leaving my mobile, so they can call me, there was always „Sorry, some problem occurred, and again, and again…”.

I decided to do offline update (regarding MS Xbox support website instructions). I checked my Xbox OS compilation (it’s 10.0.22000.4975). Regarding instruction on the website I should download OSU2, extract to NTFS pendrive, plug in to Xbox and perform rebooting (press Pair and Eject buttons, push X power button and after hearing 2 signals update from pendrive should start). After updating with OSU2 I should update with OSU1. So I started updating using pendrive with extracted OSU2, I heard 2 signals, have seen „Update” screen and couple seconds later error was displayed: E101 000005048B050041. Again on the MS Xbox support website I found information that when you see E101 error it means that you need to update your Xbox with OSU1. I already had the OSU1 file, so I extracted it to NTFS formatted pendrive and did all steps, like MS website instruction says. Update started, we were very happy seeing that the progress bar go step by step gaining new %’s. However, it stuck on 63%, and we have the same situation as with online Xbox autoupdate. Xbox switch on and switch off automatically and progress bar doesn’t go ahead.

I can’t use my Xbox because of this stupid update. Before that, I never had any problems with Xbox for over 4 years.

Some basic data:

Name: Xbox One

Type: Xbox OneS

OS compilation: 10.0.22000.4975

Beside using this one time pendrive to do manual update, Xbox was never connected to any pendrive or external hard drive

:)

SpicyOsprey7259, Jul 23, 2022
  2. SpicyOsprey7259 Win User

Hi AJ,

Restoring didn't help. I got to the troubleshooting menu. I chose "Reset this Xbox". On the next screen I chose "Remove everything" (including games & apps), and after that the screen with 56% came back. Pictures below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried resetting in both options:

- with internet cable unplugged,

- with internet cable plugged in.

In both situations, the same 56% progress screen appears.
  3. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, SpicyOsprey7259! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

As a fellow gamer, I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your console.

Would you mind answering the following questions?

- Is your console enrolled in the Insider Program?

- Have you already tried doing a factory reset while removing everything through the troubleshooting menu? while it's not one of the recommended steps for E101, there's a chance it could still work.

Thank you!
  4. SpicyOsprey7259 Win User

Hi AJ,

Thanks for the information. My console is not on warranty any more. I bought it over 4 years ago. Of course, I also understand that you do not work for MS and can't take responsibility for hardware malfunction. However, I'm not going to pay to MS for repairing my console. Till 2 days ago, everything was fine, I had no problem with my Xbox. When 2 days ago, Xbox automatic update started, I can't use my Xbox. So from my point of view, MS broke my Xbox. If they wouldn't do this autoupdate I could use my console still. If I have to go to court with MS, will check all possibilities. This is very frustrating, that someone (MS) is interfering my Xbox and after that, my console got broke.

Thanks for your time and help AJ!

Cheers,

5. SpicyOsprey7259 Win User

Hi AJ,

Thanks for quick your help.

Is there any possibility to check on my MS/Xbox account via web browser if my games are backed up? If yes, where can I find this information? My console was constantly connected to the internet.

And the last question - where can I write a complaint on MS/Xbox service and ask for refund? I can't use my console for the last two days, I will lose data and will have to spend a lot of time to restore everything, and I'm not sure if I will be able to restore it. I lost 2 days of my Ultimate account, that is simply money I pay to MS, that I'm not able to use service because of MS fault. Before this automatic update, everything was OK.

Thank you very much for your help, as you are the last positive light for me on MS related issues.
  6. SpicyOsprey7259 Win User

Hi AJ,

Thanks for quick response. To answer your questions:

- I'm not aware of any Insider Program, so probably my console is not enrolled there.

- The only troubleshooting menu that I can see is the picture below:

[​IMG]

I only can click "Continue", and after clicking "Continue" it switches to the screen below:

[​IMG]

The troubleshooting menu is not allowing me to pick anything else, beside "Continue". Pad works, but using pad joystick doesn't allow picking anything else. Plugging in pendrive with OSU doesn't change anything, and "Offline system update" is not turning into green to choose it. When I wanted to do manual update I had to switch off the console, plug in pendrive, do the magic with "Pair" and "Eject" buttons and turning on the console one more time, so the update can start... and stop at 63%.

I'm not able to do restore to defaults, as I can't choose this icon. Beside that if I remember well, when I will restore to defaults it will erase all my data, yes? I have many games on my Xbox and I wouldn't like to lose them and the progress in it. It is really frustrating, that before 2 days ago I had working console with games and so on... and because MS Xbox automatic update I can't use my console. This simply blows my mind.

Thanks!
Thema:

1. Problem with Xbox autoupdate and manual update - can't use my Xbox - Similar Threads - Problem autoupdate manual

2. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  3. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  4. Audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problems: I’ve been having problems with my audio through my headset. I can hear myself when I talk into the mic but I can’t hear any game or menu audio. I am using a pair of astros that are for ps4 but...
  5. Xbox insider hub level up problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox insider hub level up problem: So i was getting xp at the xbox insider and i leveld up and i cant update my xbox to the next preview it doesn't show me a new preview to select submitted by /u/Ok_Victory4109 [link] [comments]
  6. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  7. Controller problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller problems?: Since getting my Series X back in January of this year, my controller likes to be a little funky. It's the standard controller that comes with the console first of all. The oldest of its issues...
  8. Xbox One monitor, audio and screen problem.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One monitor, audio and screen problem.: I recently purchased a monitor since the cat knocked over the small tv I had set up on the desk. Its an Acer SBO Series 22. I connect the HDMI to the monitor and the console and the message input...
  9. On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...: I am using Windows 11 and an Xbox One controller. For a few weeks now, I have had the problem, that the controller would stop being recognized by the system. The symptoms of that are Controller...
  10. Xcloud mouse and keyboard problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud mouse and keyboard problem: I have a problem with the cloud, I joined the Xbox Insider program, but the option to play with mouse and keyboard does not appear, Halo Infinite, Age 2, and so on. Does anyone know the solution?...