problem with the security of my account

Discus and support problem with the security of my account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, I recently changed my phone number to my account in the security category after microsoft asked me for a code that I had to receive on my old... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by silvercarnage18, Sep 6, 2017.

  1. problem with the security of my account


    Hi guys, I recently changed my phone number to my account in the security category after microsoft asked me for a code that I had to receive on my old phone number, but this one no longer exists, I therefore as explained above delivered the new, the problem
    is that I find myself blocked 1 month, time to set up the new, which blocks me on a lot of things, so I would like to be able to delete this waiting to take full advantage of my account again, it really blocks me to the point of finding myself here on an English
    forum while I am French and you have understood English is not my strongest quality

    but i'm here because microsoft also blocks me access to the french technical support for 1 month because of this famous change, so I come to you to solve this problem,

    thanks you,

    François.

    :)
     
    silvercarnage18, Sep 6, 2017
    #1
  2. changing my password problems can anyone help?

    Thank you problem with the security of my account :)

    An I found out what the problem was it was the new Xbox security update it messed with my account.
     
    Ms PurpleNiNjA, Sep 6, 2017
    #2
  3. OstrichDaddy
    OstrichDaddy Guest
    I'm getting "The password you entered isn't valid" And I know it's valid.

    I'm having the exact same problem right now with this absolute POS Microsoft xbox security. Trying to login my son's account, I have to validate terms of service, I KNOW the password is correct, but it always says it isn't, on the console. I can login
    to this account on my laptop with this password. My son is raging at microsoft for designing this absolute hunk of cPPP security process.
     
    OstrichDaddy, Sep 6, 2017
    #3
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

    I get error 0x80a40008 all the time

  5. VibroPlex Win User

    xbox account security problem

    Yes. This is, BTW, a Microsoft Account issue, not an Xbox issue; the Microsoft Account support folk have their own support forum at

    http://windows.microsoft.com/windows-live/id-help-center


    0) If you already have a second Microsoft Account (formerly known as the Windows Live ID) you can skip step 1 altogether

    1) Make a new Microsoft Account at
    http://startup.live.com
    which after you complete it should lead you to the Account Summary

    1A) If you don't get to the Account Summary page, go to
    http://Account.Live.Com
    and sign in there.

    1B) If you are prompted to cofirm the email address, please do so.

    2) Complete the security information by clicking on the Edit Security Info link below. Make sure to add the Security Question down below as well as a cellular number in the Phone Numbers field and an alternate email address which is different from the Microsoft
    Account address.

    3) Then, enter
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=242792
    in the address bar of your browser. Fill in the form there, with the subject EMAIL BEHIND MICROSOFT ID IS BROKEN - give a good working email where their support folks can find you. You should receive a response
    within a day, the gods willing.
  6. EdragonXX Win User

    Account Security Proofs problem!

    [quote user="Miss Ermine"]

    Ah, OK, to clarify- are you seeing the error message just on your account, just on their accounts, or on both? If it's just on their accounts, then can you please try to open that link in a private browsing window and have one of the affected accounts be
    the one to log in. If it's just your account, then can you please try clearing your console's cache three times, and restarting the console before you try redownloading again. Let's see if either of those clear this up.

    [/quote]
    Soryy Mis Ermine, but at the moment I do not understand anything what you wrote at the moment. Just to clarify I start again from beginning.

    problem description step by step:

    1. My Xbox Live account is
    2. When I log in with MY ACCOUNT, then let's say after every second log in (not everytime) I see window what suggest to me add security proofs.
    3. The message in window show my e-mail and asking do I get messages to this e-mail?
    4. So after YES, next message suggesting add another security proofs.
    5. Okay no problem. So I chose TEXT (SMS) and I add my phone number.
    6. After that appears ERROR message:

      "Thanks! You added this earlier, but we can't use it until you verify it at https://account.live.com/p

      While you're there, it's good idea to check the others on your account, too.

      Code: 80049C0B"
    7. Okay, I go to my laptop.
    8. Open browser (Chrome or Internet explorer, there is no difference)
    9. Add this URL from error message https://account.live.com/p
    10. I log in with my account
    11. Window that opens does not contain any information about how to I suppose verify my number.
    12. But my number (also e-mail, and PC) exist "password and security info" area. I do not know what it means. Does it mean that my phone number is already added to my account (and verified?) and I can use it in future to retrieve my password or whatever? Or
      not?
    13. So because there is nothing to do on that page I go back to Xbox 360 Elite console and I try again. Same error message (look number 6).
    14. So it looks I can't add and verify that number for Xbox Live. So I cancel AGAIN!

    Mister Cerb suggested one solution how to fix that problem (scroll up 2-3 post).
    He suggested to delete my account from Xbox 360 and then clear system cache 3 times. I tried it. Deleted my profile () from Xbox 360 console. And then I cleared system cache 3 times. Power off. Power on. Downloaded my profile.

    And I am back in beginning! Nothing changed! Same error message all the time:

    "Thanks! You added this earlier, but we can't use it until you verify it at https://account.live.com/p

    While you're there, it's good idea to check the others on your account, too.

    Code: 80049C0B"

    And now some curiosity, maybe there is some sort of problem too. I do not know how this system is built up. But because there in webpage (https://account.live.com/p ) is options:

    • Manage linked accounts
    • Manage parental permissions
    When I choose "Manage parental permissions" I get message: "You have no child accounts."

    ? ? ?

    How i'ts possible? For both my sons accounts are set my account () to parental account. And on Xbox 360, when they need something from Xbox Live it's always asking my approval (my account e-mail and my account password). Working! I am using it every
    week. So I am little bit confused now why same time this account system says that I do not have child accounts? :)

    Sorry it's a best what I can do to describe my problem(s)!
  7. TCB Tactic Win User

    Account Security Proofs problem!

    This message keeps popping up every time i add security for my xbox proofs. I add all the info i press done and this error pops up CODE:80151103
  8. Miss Ermine Win User

    Account Security Proofs problem!

    Ah, OK, to clarify- are you seeing the error message just on your account, just on their accounts, or on both? If it's just on their accounts, then can you please try to open that link in a private browsing window and have one of the affected accounts be
    the one to log in. If it's just your account, then can you please try clearing your console's cache three times, and restarting the console before you try redownloading again. Let's see if either of those clear this up.
Thema:

problem with the security of my account

Loading...
  1. problem with the security of my account - Similar Threads - problem security account

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Report a problem button not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Report a problem button not working properly.: I hold the Xbox button and push “report a problem” it says “gathering information” but that’s as far as it goes. It’s ironic to me that the report a problem button is causing issues. submitted by...
  4. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  5. Another Problem I had was Series X becomes unresponsive after switching TV input (Delta...

    in XboX Insiders
    Another Problem I had was Series X becomes unresponsive after switching TV input (Delta...: I’m seeing an issue on Xbox Series X running the Delta ring firmware. After switching my TV input away from the console (to a Roku device) and then switching back, the console becomes completely...
  6. Battlefield 6 - Disc to Digital problem

    in XboX Insiders
    Battlefield 6 - Disc to Digital problem: Has anyone else experienced this? When I try to claim the BF6 digital liscense, it appears to work, however upon launching the game it still prompts me to buy it. It's strange because games that...
  7. HDMI-CEC Wake/Color Gamut Problem....?

    in XboX Insiders
    HDMI-CEC Wake/Color Gamut Problem....?: This isn't a 'new' issue. I honestly thought it was just my cheap TV, but now I wonder... Every time I power on my console (Energy Saving Mode), and the console turns on the TV (also in Energy...
  8. Having problems seeing my full library post joining Insider

    in XboX Insiders
    Having problems seeing my full library post joining Insider: Title says it. Its not showing me my library anymore. Or my game pass that I get through a friend. This has been happening since I joined the insider program in anticipation for the disc to...
  9. Problem since last omega update.

    in XboX Insiders
    Problem since last omega update.: Hi everyone , some help and advise please. Ive been with insiders for some years now on omega preview. Since the last update my series x thinks its on instant on ( sleep mode ) It's set to...
  10. I have a problem with my xbox security thing

    in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a problem with my xbox security thing: So I have sea of thieves and I'm trying to talk to people, I can't and I can't change my security options to hear other people because I don't know where to do it....