Problem with "Power Off Storage" / Latest System Update

Discus and support Problem with "Power Off Storage" / Latest System Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The "Power Off Storage' (while in standby) setting available in the latest update for the Xbox One is not working properly. When you turn off your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vicious Possum, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Problem with "Power Off Storage" / Latest System Update

The "Power Off Storage' (while in standby) setting available in the latest update for the Xbox One is not working properly. When you turn off your console, the external device power cycles constantly, it does not stay off.

:)

Vicious Possum, Aug 16, 2014
  2. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    GTA V update issue

It's an issue with the latest update, had the problem myself. Just put the system into stand by and let it download while it's "off"

bloosuga, Aug 16, 2014
  3. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    Problem with latest update. "Error"

Regular update? Preview update? game update?

Have you tried running cold restart? have you tried it more than three times? that will flag your console.

SPITFIRE-SIX, Aug 16, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

This belongs in the preview forums for the specific update with which you are having the issue. Post this there.

The easiest way to find the preview forums is via a drop-down menu above this thread that says "Xbox Early Access" next to "Xbox Forums" and "PC Games". Click Xbox Early Access and find the correct subforum for the update.

If you are having issues accessing the preview forums, let me know and I can request you get given permission.

maxen, Aug 16, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

This belongs in the preview forums for the specific update with which you are having the issue. Post this there.

The easiest way to find the preview forums is via a drop-down menu above this thread that says "Xbox Early Access" next to "Xbox Forums" and "PC Games". Click Xbox Early Access and find the correct subforum for the update.

If you are having issues accessing the preview forums, let me know and I can request you get given permission.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

still getting system update message

Ok so you won't have that particular modem. I use Virgin Media myself but have the so called superhub. Can you get to the dashboard on the console at all ? If so go to settings/system/storage, highlight your storage device and press the following buttons
    in sequence on your controller. LB,RB,X,LB,RB,X, select yes on the next screen, this will remove the latest system update, the console will restart and attempt to update again.

-

It may be worth a shot at simply powering off your modem/router for a minute or so, power on again and try updating.
  7. General Boredom Win User

External storage problem after latest system update

My external HDD is doing this wether the option is checked or not, but only while my Xbox is in standby mode. The only way it remains off is if my Xbox is completely powered down.
  8. JBL74Fin Win User

If you uncheck "turn off storage" option, you have to hard reset Xbox to make it work. Hold Xbox button 5 seconds let it turn off. After that usb Hdd should stay on. I have Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB and it's doing same on/off thing. Maybe next update
    will fix it.
  9. MaximumExtreme Win User

Hi there, go into settings and then select power and start up and make sure power down drive with console is checked off. This option will power down everything when you power down your console.
Thema:

1. Problem with "Power Off Storage" / Latest System Update - Similar Threads - Problem Power Off

2. My xbox and tv keep shutting of and can't tell if it's a problem with the xbox and power...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox and tv keep shutting of and can't tell if it's a problem with the xbox and power...: I've been having this problem where my xbox along with my TV keeps shutting off on me. It usually happens whenever I click into a game. I've tried plugging the xbox and hdmi into multiple outlets...
  3. Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??: My Xbox willl cycle the tv off when I turn console off but will not turn it on! Before anyone suggests it yes I have checked my tv settings and yes cec is turned on for my tv in settings, it’s...
  4. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...
  5. Problems with the compability of my Skylanders Portal of Power.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with the compability of my Skylanders Portal of Power.: I have bought Skylanders Superchargers on my Xbox One S because it's available in the store for 50 euros. The problem is that I have an old portal of power which is the Skylanders Trap Team Wii...
  6. How can one tell if it is your Xbox that's the problem or the power cable?Xbox won't come...

in XBoX on Windows
    How can one tell if it is your Xbox that's the problem or the power cable?Xbox won't come...: How can one tell if it is your Xbox that's the problem or the power cable?Xbox won't come on at all b1c3cb70-c3bf-4173-98ab-d6d74624ba44
  7. Is the red light on the Xbox one power block a problem??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the red light on the Xbox one power block a problem??: My Xbox one power block has a red light when it’s off. Is that an issue?? Everything works normal when it’s on, but that red light reminds me of the red ring of death from the 360, and it only...
  8. Controller power problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller power problems: My controller wouldn’t turn on, even after changing batteries, then, when I connect my controller to a USB-C it creates a buzzing noise and still wouldn’t turn on....
  9. Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.: My younger brother passed away back in December 2022, and I just recently (past couple of days) got his Xbox One S. The first night I had it at my apartment, it turned on just fine with no issues,...
  10. Xbox DVR Problems and Power off Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR Problems and Power off Problem: Hi Can somebody please help I have 2 Issues which tbh Xbox online help has not been able to help with. I have a Humax Freesat Freetime DVR which is compatible with the Xbox as it is being...