Problem with playing digital games after resetting password

Discus and support Problem with playing digital games after resetting password in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I had to rest my password for my Microsoft account and now all my digital games are telling me the person who bought the games needs to sgin in.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Scott None, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Scott None
    Scott None Guest

So I had to rest my password for my Microsoft account and now all my digital games are telling me the person who bought the games needs to sgin in. I've tried resetting my console, been on the website trying things and nothing has worked so far.

:)

Scott None, Apr 30, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your game issues.

Have you checked the account if this is the correct one that owns the games that you try to access?

You can check if you owned those games by going to your order history here:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

If the games are not showing up on there, check other accounts that you have.

If these games are showing on your order history, try clearing the system cache.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.
  3. Vytaras Uznys Win User

Hello, I have the same problem with my account. Microsoft MADE me login again to play Minecraft PE and it somehow created a new account on THE SAME email.

Now I can't access any of the games I purchased, but somehow still can access Minecraft PE, but not JAVA and Forza Horizon 4, please help because this is the equivalent to waste of money!
  4. Mister Gwyther Win User

Password reset problems

Hey there Ya! If you create a new account nothing will be transferable. That said, you could still
    contact us directly and speak to an account agent about any options you may have here. They might be able to recover your son's account for you provided they have enough information to go on.
    Let us know how that goes, thanks!
  5. i8urmomohya Win User

Password reset problems

I read that hotmail accounts get deleted after 90 days of inactivity... So there may not have been an email to access after all, since this account was created only for my son's xbox membership... and not used at all. Also If I have to create a new profile
    will I loose the microsoft points he had purchased? I am guessing that all will be lost. Shouldn't the points be transferable to the parent account? I know there are many others who are having this same problem with forgetting passwords, especially with
    hotmail. Seems like there should be a better way than creating a whole new profile.
  6. WPAK Win User

Password reset problems

Hi there,

the only options to reset/recover a account can be the ones found on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../forgot-microsoft-account-password

There is a password reset option, and a account recovery option available on that link, if both do not work, there is nothing else to do but to create a new account. Sorry
Thema:

1. Problem with playing digital games after resetting password - Similar Threads - Problem playing digital

2. Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem: Hardware problems and network keeps disconnecting while gaming, happens after updates applied a1f9530a-3de3-43a5-9e9d-ac9a410f5d3d
  3. I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...: I wannt to ask if there are some ways to fix this. 2fb0ffc0-ecdd-48a1-9290-bc94a26c4c47
  4. TrueArchievment Video play Problem

in XboX Insiders
    TrueArchievment Video play Problem: Always when i need help and go with the Link to True Archivment all the videos dosnt run. Does anyone have the same Problem? submitted by /u/ElGranRabo [link] [comments]
  5. Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?: series x keeps crashing on numerous br cant even play c.o.d d23f1d63-d163-4e5e-a7a1-e82fe542be82
  6. I play on Xbox series s, my problem is that the party chat text chat doesn’t pop up on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I play on Xbox series s, my problem is that the party chat text chat doesn’t pop up on my...: Is there a setting to activate and deactivate party chat text chat to show up on your screen? Because it no longer does that for me. 72daa0c9-c1bb-4e37-8c31-8630f0786e53
  7. Why can’t I play MW3. I’ve just got it today and I get the problem HUENEME-NEGEV. What does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play MW3. I’ve just got it today and I get the problem HUENEME-NEGEV. What does...: This has happened with both previous modern warfares. Not with any CODs before. This is the same message I get each time and never get online again. I’ve just got this game now....
  8. problem while trying to play multiplayer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem while trying to play multiplayer.: - Please understand that there may be mistranslations due to the use of a translator. Hello, I am a user from Korea who wants to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition with a friend. I don't think...
  9. CHARGE AND PLAY PROBLEMS SERIES S

in XBoX on Consoles
    CHARGE AND PLAY PROBLEMS SERIES S: Hi! Today I noticed that my charge and play device isn't working, when i connect the control it works perfectly but the battery only charges a little, maximum 10 minutes when I disconnect the...
  10. Problem Getting a Game to Play. (Dragon Age) / keeps switching what the problem is

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem Getting a Game to Play. (Dragon Age) / keeps switching what the problem is: i have a game on cd (Dragon Age inquisition) i have also purchased an upgrade for it via the marketplace. i have it downloaded to my xbox and it says missing cd and redirects me to the...