Problem with Life is Strange 1 Remastered Game, more screenshots look better than the game...

Discus and support Problem with Life is Strange 1 Remastered Game, more screenshots look better than the game... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason when I capture images from the game on my Xbox One X using the Screen capture, they are a lot brighter than what's displayed in game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rob's XboxOneX, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Problem with Life is Strange 1 Remastered Game, more screenshots look better than the game...

For some reason when I capture images from the game on my Xbox One X using the Screen capture, they are a lot brighter than what's displayed in game itself, I seen for example on reddit showing some of these images as dark as they really are, but my Xbox console system is displaying them on my LG TV set a lot more darker, I have had no problems with Life is strange Before the storm remastered that game looks great, but I can't say the same for the Life Is strange 1 game, I know some stuff like new character models and I do hope that they are really making patches for game itself, there seems to be no problems taking screen captures for some reason the real game itself is a lot more dark than the screen shots. also, I can wait for the patches to come out and play the Before the storm remaster game first since it has no problems on my Xbox one x as far as I can tell compared to the other game that came with my pre-order of life is strange true colors ultimate edition , also I already own the original games on my Xbox one x console, so again I can wait for patches to hopefully fix whatever is going on with the Xbox version of this game, again what I see in the screenshots don't look the same as what I see on my tv set which can only do 1080, and no HDR10 or 4K mode on my tv set, my screenshots are from episode 1 and episode 2 of life is strange remastered, again for some reason the original video games in episode 2 from Diner I just went into collection mode, to take these screenshots since I am going to start episode 3 soon of the remastered games. and the Girls Dormitories room is from a collection mode screenshot from episode 1. in episode 2 I think max's room had a bit lighter in it. again, I hope that they can fix the light problems from the patches they are going to release for this one game, I don't see any need for patches for before the storm remastered since that one seems fine with light levels in game so far. I uploaded these images from my screenshot share option to my OneDrive account, to share them here, it's a fun remastered game but I hope they do fix the display problems we get on our Xbox consoles. again, the video clips show what the game really looks like compared to what is show when the screenshots are taken if it's not a bug on the game itself, then maybe the Xbox console needs a firmware fix for displaying these games right maybe. I could share more screenshots if needed otherwise, I just wait for the patches to come out, or play the original more until its fixed.

another video clip looks more like what I see on my tv screen than the screenshots themselves show. again, I want to say that the screenshots are not the same as what's being display in the game itself on the tv screen. as each of the images were darker and almost unseeable on the tv set within the game on my xbox one x console, again I got them with life is strange true colors video game, so it was a pre order, also still have access to the original versions of these games so I can wait for patches to come out to fix it, if and when it does is another question, but hopefully within the next few weeks they fix the display problems.

my tv set on Xbox one x is set to Auto-Detect with a color depth of 8-bit but I can change it to HDMI and then set the color depth to 12-bit not sure if that would fix the dark images in game or not, still my tv set can only do 1080 for any game, but maybe if the dark problem is not life is strange remastered maybe it's a bug they released in the Xbox one x firmware if not it's the game itself, since the original games don't seem to have this problem in game.

also, when I change it to Display after selecting HDMI it shows 1440p, but my TV set itself can only do 1080p, it doesn't support that 1440p mode.

also when you manually select HDMI under display on Xbox one x the refresh rate is set to 120Hz, but I think my TV set itself only supports 60Hz, but when I select 60Hz is automatically sets it back to 120Hz, it seems to display it, but I am not sure my tv set supports that since I can't select 120Hz from my Windows 11 pc when I output it HDMI to my Tv set it only supports 60Hz and does not show 120Hz for my TV set, which is why I am wondering about that if that's just a error on the Xbox one x itself or not if its really just using 60Hz and not 120Hz when it shows that on the menu , any ideas about that?

nope changing the auto-detect for HDMI does not work, also the in-game gamma doesn't work either you can set it higher but it's still very dark when talking to character behind the diner in the remastered game, I will be setting my Xbox back to auto detect for HDMI since the color depth higher doesn't help this game in any way.

This clip I have max moving around back of diner
    and this one she is talking to the person behind the diner as you can see there is darkness problems with the life is strange, remastered game on the Xbox one x console. which is not seen in the taken screenshots as much.
    max talking to the homeless woman behind the Diner in Episode 2
    a screenshot from before the storm remastered looks great, I just wish I could say the same for Life is strange 1 remastered.

Problem with Life is Strange 1 Remastered Game,  more screenshots look better than the game... [​IMG]

Life is strange 1 Remastered Screenshots from my Xbox console below

Problem with Life is Strange 1 Remastered Game,  more screenshots look better than the game... [​IMG]

:)

Rob's XboxOneX, Feb 5, 2022
  2. Roberts Xbox Series Win User

Colors are brighter and washed out in games when HDR is active on Xbox Series X

is this related to the dark pictures or dark images in my life is strange remastered games, since my tv set can't even do HDR10 so it should not be effecting my games, again my post the video clip shows what's going on in the game itself, but the screenshots taken from my Xbox one X and shared to my OneDrive doesn't show what I am seeing happening with the picture on my tv set itself, I was wondering if a system setting is effect the video game that didn't happen with my older versions of life is strange since it only seems to effect this one video game, again I think the game needs patches since there is no too much dark picture happening in before the storm remastered it only seems to be effect the first remastered list is strange 1 game, so that why I was wondering if its related to HDR and the fact my Xbox one x console can't do HDR on my TV set, or if it's just a problem with the unreal engine that that game makers used for this remastered game? my tv set is a 1080 LG 55' tv set, and the remastered life is strange 1 game is way too dark in a lot of parts of the video game? again the life is strange before the storm remastered game looks great, I just can't say the same for the other remastered video game.
  3. kRevali Win User

What's a subtle aspect of one of your favorite games that helps make it stand out?

Gears of War 1 look and feel is very good for the time it came out, it was dark, scary and the music was top, it really make you feel in a post apocalyptic world where all hope is gone, visually amazing, I even think it looks better than the remastered
    version and of course it feels more authentic than the last 3 games
  4. Defy Lightning Win User

Black friday

@Lei If you looked last year, both those games were 25 and you could have gotten them for less than the price of 1 for the X1. I don't know why you're getting the 360 version when the X1 is much better and cheaper.

As for me, I'm hoping for Life is Strange. That's it for me!
  5. XBF John Win User

Xbox Store, has "Install" Button instead of "Launch Game" maybe Store Delay detection, bug; back to showing Launch Game? & Life is Strange Remastered has Game Pass PopUp with Xbox Series X.

Okay, I found the report you submitted. I admit I'm having a hard time understanding what you're describing here so pardon if I'm a little off base.

• You pre-ordered Life is Strange True Colors Ultimate Edition which comes with a copy of Life is Strange Remastered and Life is strange Before the Storm Remastered.
    • It is now showing that you need Game Pass to play the game even though you purchased the ultimate Edition.
    I believe this may be happening because Life is Strange True Colors is now on Game Pass. Both Remaster games are not sold separately in the Microsoft Store (when I checked, let me know if I'm wrong), but are maybe connected to True Colors as the "Base Game". If True colors is not downloaded maybe it's looking to launch/check for True Colors and when it doesn't find it, it finds that the game is available on Game Pass and Suggests Game Pass as a solution to the issue not knowing that you own it and just don't have it downloaded. It's my guess right now -- but with some more information we may be able to figure out the source of your issue.

Something to check if this is the case. Please go to True Colors in your Library, press the menu button and choose to manage the game. Can you check and let me know if the games are present as DLCs or additions? Is True Colors downloaded to your Console as well?

Thanks,

John
  6. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Thoughts about Life Is Strange Future?

More than likely the next life is strange game will have new characters. But they will travel through places from life is strange 2. Like how the brothers travel through arcadia bay and you see a slight outcome of the town.
Thema:

Problem with Life is Strange 1 Remastered Game, more screenshots look better than the game...

1. Problem with Life is Strange 1 Remastered Game, more screenshots look better than the game... - Similar Threads - Problem Life Strange

2. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  3. Problem with Life is Strange 1 Remastered Game Here are screenshots I took from my Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Life is Strange 1 Remastered Game Here are screenshots I took from my Xbox One X: For some reason when I capture images from the game on my Xbox One X using the Screen capture, they are a lot brighter than what's displayed in game itself, I seen for example on reddit showing...
  4. Horizon life problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Horizon life problem: Witam mam problem z horizon life np gdy chcialbym sie połączyc w grze jest u mnie napisane że łączy i tak przez 10 minut i wkoncu pokazuje błąd nie wiem co mam zrobic probowalem wiele sposobow ale...
  5. Problema com a Life [Problem with Life]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problema com a Life [Problem with Life]: Bom dia ! Estou tentando um probleminha com a Life cai a todo momento tenho um Xbox 360 Zero e está tudo OK nele e na Net Todos portais necessário esta aberto ok Parece um alerta de serviço da...
  6. Can gaming solve a real life problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can gaming solve a real life problem?: Sometimes i just need to decompress from a bad day, gaming helps out. I was diagnosed with severe PTSD & depression among other things while in the Army. So yea gaming can help out, but like...
  7. Life is Strange Episode 5 download problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Life is Strange Episode 5 download problem: I am in Australia and Life is Strange Ep 5 has been available for a day. I can download 38% but then 'Installation Stopped'. I have tried restarting the console, deleting and downloading again,...
  8. problem with xbox life gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem with xbox life gold: Hi guys, have you ever had a problem with the payment of xbox live gold? I tried to pay it again for this month, however the transaction doesn't run and there is a message that says to try again...
  9. Problem season pass of "life is strange"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem season pass of "life is strange": Hello everybody, I've just bought the first episode of "life is trange" downloaded and played with succes this episode. Now i have bought the season pass for 16.99euros , with the episode 2 to 5...
  10. Astro a40s/ new adapter problem and battery life

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro a40s/ new adapter problem and battery life: Ok I'm going to start first by saying that I'm also having the same issues as most people with the new headset adapter. If I talk a little to loud my friends say it sounds like the mic is...