Problem with flashing black screen when useing the One Guide app to watch live tv

Discus and support Problem with flashing black screen when useing the One Guide app to watch live tv in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have noticed to when I go to where it says my games and apps on the homescreen dashboard. and on the next page where it says apps then when I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/EmergedJokerd, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Problem with flashing black screen when useing the One Guide app to watch live tv

I have noticed to when I go to where it says my games and apps on the homescreen dashboard. and on the next page where it says apps then when I scrolled down through the tiles that have all the apps I have installed. when I get to the OneGuide app and when I launch the app to start watching live tv when I have been watching live tv useing the OneGuide app. I’m noticeing a flashing black screen periodically when I watch anything while I’m useing the OneGuide app. when this has occurred I have tried removing my account from my console then I have tried readding my account back to my Xbox one x and that still didn’t fix the issue of the black screen flashing periodically when I’m watching anything while useing the OneGuide app. so then i tried restarting the Xbox one x then when I got to the homescreen dashboard I went to launch the OneGuide app. and when I started watching anything while useing the OneGuide app I still was periodically still getting a flashing black screen at times. is anyone else encountering this issue as well your support and upvotes would be very appreciated so I know that I’m not alone with this issue with the OneGuide app.

submitted by /u/EmergedJokerd
    [link] [comments]

/u/EmergedJokerd, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Anton Duvenhage Win User

Flashing Black screen. LG tv, Xbox one s

No they are not 4k tv's. Only mine. On the other tv's doesn't matter what resolution I use. It flashes and black screen. On my tv no flashes on 1440p only when playing certain games and streaming it flashing black screen and no signal. But on 1440p it starts up no problem. Going through menus no problem. Playing call of duty problem.
  3. Gamefreek324 Win User

Has anyone noticed there is NO WAY of checking battery life in the xbox one controller?

the guide light flashes on 360 when you have hours left in the battery, it's a waste of your battery. Also we watch out tv screens not our controller smart one.
  4. DarkSch666 Win User

black screen flash

I has no optical so direct Xbox -> TV using the HDMI high speed with Ethernet cable and setting stereo audio. I has noticed an improve. A black screen flash I think is signal of sync, if we have various or delayed it can be because sync problems.

The results, when connecting to:

- Xbox ->(stock cable) ->A/V receiver -> (HDMI high speed) -> TV: 1 black screen flash within 10 seconds of power on.

- Xbox -> (HDMI high speed cable) -> TV: 1 black screen flash within 1 minute.

- Xbox -> (stock cable) -> TV: multiple black screen flashes within 10 minutes.

The results are good at least for my TV (Philips), because within 1 minute I am loading the game/App yet, or maybe on dashboard.
  5. Dave Ramsden Win User

Weird Xbox one x issue?

I think I am having the exact same problem. Screen flashes on and off when switching to the One Guide. Microsoft don't respond to anything. I have resorted to switching the display settings to 60hz, that seems to fix the flashing screen issue, but it does
    cause a few glitches with Sky TV.
  6. got-haggis Win User

Black Screen on Live TV

yeah I occasionally had issues before the latest update, but now after the most recent update, i have so many problems with black screen and live tv. changing channels, sometimes it freezes the live tv signal for several seconds. Going from a game to trying
    to watch live tv, it almost always results in a black screen - but can still hear the sound. only way to resolve it is to reboot the xbox one. I am using it with a tivo setup box. microsoft should reward us for beta testing their hardware.
Thema:

Problem with flashing black screen when useing the One Guide app to watch live tv

1. Problem with flashing black screen when useing the One Guide app to watch live tv - Similar Threads - Problem flashing black

2. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  3. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  4. Audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problems: I’ve been having problems with my audio through my headset. I can hear myself when I talk into the mic but I can’t hear any game or menu audio. I am using a pair of astros that are for ps4 but...
  5. There is a problem with recording the flash application screen.

in XboX Insiders
    There is a problem with recording the flash application screen.: I have a crooked flash application recorded on the Xbox Game Bar. It is impossible for me to solve this problem. The fact is that this flash game is normally recorded only with one hundred percent...
  6. Problem with USB Flash drive 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with USB Flash drive 3.0: [img] I bought a 2 Tb USB (USB 3.0 high speed recording drive 8.9M / S-18.9M / S) but it doesn't work when downloading games and screenshots, the following message appears: [img] [img] I...
  7. I am a preview customer and having a problem purchasing a flash ad for gta5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am a preview customer and having a problem purchasing a flash ad for gta5: When ever I try to buy a copy of gta 5 that is half off I get a error message that says please try again there is a problem on our side waiting might help and I have wait about 24 hours now and I...
  8. problem XBOX ONE X flash of black screen !!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem XBOX ONE X flash of black screen !!!: Hi ... I'm aiming for a general problem with many players with 4K screens from all the companies Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG and I have replaced the XBOX ONE X twice at the store and the problem...
  9. I have a problem with a flash drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a problem with a flash drive: I was using a flash drive on my Xbox 360 and the system detected it no problem at all and now it doesn't detect a flash drive at all. Also one of the flash drive is the one made for the Xbox 360...
  10. A different kind flash drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    A different kind flash drive problem: I've read multiple posts on flash drive issues but mine doesn't seem to be the same. My Xbox no longer recognizes my flash drive and it says I have to configure it to work on my console...but I've...