Problem with Dolby Vision on games

Discus and support Problem with Dolby Vision on games in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, I updated my console to Alpha Ring, to use Dolby Vision on my OLED CX. When I launch a game, Dolby Vision flag appears on TV, but I notice the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jotavip, May 14, 2021.

1. /u/jotavip
    /u/jotavip Guest

Hi, I updated my console to Alpha Ring, to use Dolby Vision on my OLED CX. When I launch a game, Dolby Vision flag appears on TV, but I notice the picture colors are worse than when using HDR. I tried Outriders, RE Village, AC: Valhalla, and all of them looks better on HDR. When Using Dolby Vision, the colors aren't vivid as on HDR. The brightness appears to be OK.

Tried many settings, disabling auto HDR, changing color format, but not worked. Any one knows what is happening?

submitted by /u/jotavip
    [link] [comments]

/u/jotavip, May 14, 2021
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

green flickers when going to dashboard.xbox series x

On your console display settings, is HDR and Dolby Vision enabled?

Most people that get flickers on the screen (both playing or only on the dashboard) with Dolby Vision on is because both HDR and Dolby Vision are enabled at the same time.

Just try to turn HDR off and see if it solves your problem. If it does, unfortunately we will not be able to do much about it. It's a bug reported by some people and the only option would be use HDR or Dolby Vision, not both at the same time :(
  3. Udder Discharge Win User

Xbox Series X Allow Dolby Vision/Dolby for Gaming and Allow Auto Low Latency Mode

Another Nuance came up. Now when streaming with dolby vision Off. Wnen I stream Dolby Content with Netflix through XBOX, within the XBOX settings upon launch of Netflix Dolby vision turns off ALLM in my XBOX and plays Dolby regardless of setting in the XBOX. And launching a game there after it does not turn off dolby vision for gaming or allow dolby vision, nor does it turn back on ALLM. I wanted to try to avoid changing the 4K options everytime I want to do something else.
  4. EthanChristley Win User

What is wrong with my XBSX?

Okay so apparently it’s something with Dolby Vision gaming as it only happens when i start up a game that uses dolby vision. And when I turn dolby vision gaming off every game works fine. I don’t understand what is happening with dolby vison gaming though as I’ve been using it fine until i just got done playing BF2042.
  5. MarvinaPerez Win User

How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has been ticked

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

These are the correct steps for configuration, verify them:

Things to keep in mind:
    On Xbox Series X|S, Dolby Vision is available for gaming and media streaming apps.
    On Xbox One X and Xbox One S, Dolby Vision is available only for media streaming applications.

The original Xbox One console does not support Dolby Vision.
    Dolby Vision is not available for Blu-ray media playback.

To enable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow Dolby Vision.

To enable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow Dolby Vision for games.
    To check if your display supports Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > 4K TV details.

For best results, we recommend a direct wired connection from your Xbox to the TV, such as an HDMI cable.
    Note Check with your TV manufacturer for firmware updates and Dolby Vision game compatibility.

If your 4K@120Hz TV supports Dolby Vision games in 4K@60Hz but not 4K@120Hz, follow these instructions for Dolby games

Vision and contact the TV manufacturer.
    Games in Dolby Vision:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and go to Settings > General > TV & display options.
    Set Resolution to 4K.

Set Refresh Rate to 60Hz.
    Play at 120 fps:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and go to Settings > General > TV & display options.
    Set Resolution to 4K.

Set Refresh Rate to 120Hz.
    If your TV has the latest firmware and you experience screen latency or input lag while playing games in Dolby Vision, disable Dolby Vision while playing games and contact the TV manufacturer.

To disable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow Dolby Vision > Disable.

If your TV or monitor displays a blank screen after enabling Dolby Vision, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable. If you still see a blank screen, restart your Xbox console:
    Press and hold the Xbox  button on your controller.
    Select Turn off console or Restart console > Restart.

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...o enable Dolby Vision, press,de video > Allow %20Dolby%20Vision.

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  6. TwiggyChimera77 Win User

Xbox One X as a media consumption device

Hello!

I understand your problem. I want so badly they can to implement Dolby Vision in games.
Thema:

1. Problem with Dolby Vision on games - Similar Threads - Problem Dolby Vision

2. fallout 4 problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    fallout 4 problem: Every time that i try to play fallout 4 i am told “ we can’t save more data for this game or app” i was wondering my how to fix this issue 6f6d4c0a-5a87-44a1-b732-47f2274a43ac
  3. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  4. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  5. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  6. I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...: Please just give me my robux but I think that is expired b27477b9-d140-499a-aed1-05f4c87eae23
  7. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  8. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  9. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  10. Audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problems: I’ve been having problems with my audio through my headset. I can hear myself when I talk into the mic but I can’t hear any game or menu audio. I am using a pair of astros that are for ps4 but...