Problem with AI "control aircraft" on 1.9.3 FS 2020 update

Discus and support Problem with AI "control aircraft" on 1.9.3 FS 2020 update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Just downloaded version 1.9.3 of MSFS 2020. Now the AI "control aircraft" won't allow the "co-pilot" to fly to my designated arrival airport. Worked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MichaelStone1949, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Problem with AI "control aircraft" on 1.9.3 FS 2020 update

Just downloaded version 1.9.3 of MSFS 2020. Now the AI "control aircraft" won't allow the "co-pilot" to fly to my designated arrival airport. Worked fine before.

:)

MichaelStone1949, Sep 30, 2020
  2. MichaelStone1949 Win User

Hopefully MS will solve this soon. One of the cool things was letting AI fly on auto for long flights. Now, when you turn on aircraft control the plane just goes in a straight line forever and wherever.
  3. RobertRoach2 Win User

So true, on long flights i like to just amaze at the scenery in hi-def but alas no more they killed the co-pilot!!!!!
  4. RobertRoach2 Win User

The AI doesn't seem to work right in the last update......irritating.......
  5. William Aldington Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 - T.Flight HOTAS One works with everything EXCEPT "Free Flight," which is why I purchased. Makes NO sense. Suggestions please.

Hello Mark,

I can only tell you what I did to resolve the issues and hope it works for you too.

I decided to strip out all the drivers for elderly/obsolete/redundant controllers on my computer, including the new Thrustmaster FS 2020 drivers and firmware and all downloads.

Restart the computer and go to http://support.thrustmaster.com/ choose joysticks/ HOTAS One and download the driver/firmware package. Install the package onto the same disc as FS 2020.

Start the game and go to options/controls. There should be just the keyboard and mouse showing. Plug in the joystick and the joystick should now show as HOTAS One Default. A window will pop-up and say something like "New controller found/ accept the presets/
    customize. Accept the presets (you can always customize later).

Go to "World" and program a free-flight. This is where the aircraft used to take-off and bugger-off into infinity on its own because the co-pilot is flying and in control. Use the "Active Pause" button on your keyboard... it should be the "pause" button
    but I later transferred it to a joystick button.

Mouse to the top of the screen and engage the menu/custom toolbar. Contrary to other posts it is OK that all the buttons are shifted right. Here's the trick. Go to the pilot's cap in the menu/ AI Control and go down to "CONTROL AIRCRAFT" and SWITCH IT OFF.

Turn off the "Pause" button and enjoy.

What an incredible difference that made for me and I do hope that it cures the problem for you as well.

Kind regards,

William
  6. Bhavin Bojanapalli Win User

Estimated Price of FS 2020

Don't worry I am in the UK as well thank you for your answer - apparently it has been confirmed that FS 2020 will be in Game Pass on Day 1 and that you can play but also add-ons won't be necessary according to what the trailers and teasers say as all ground
    services are included and aircraft maybe all unlocked but community aircraft might be allowed. Thanks.
Thema:

1. Problem with AI "control aircraft" on 1.9.3 FS 2020 update - Similar Threads - Problem control aircraft

2. Controller problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller problems?: Since getting my Series X back in January of this year, my controller likes to be a little funky. It's the standard controller that comes with the console first of all. The oldest of its issues...
  3. On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...: I am using Windows 11 and an Xbox One controller. For a few weeks now, I have had the problem, that the controller would stop being recognized by the system. The symptoms of that are Controller...
  4. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  5. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  6. Xbox controller problem on Steam.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller problem on Steam.: I'm playing The Talos Principle 2 on Steam desktop with an Xbox controller. There are two functions (so far) in the game I can't do using the controller. One is climbing ladders and the other is...
  7. Problems when trying to roll back control update

in XboX Insiders
    Problems when trying to roll back control update: My controller had problems after an update, so I tried to revert its hardware through the console, but whenever I try to revert it, a problem appears on the screen saying "There was a problem with...
  8. Xbox controller screenshot problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller screenshot problem: Hey guys! I have a problem with the screenshots. If I connect my xbox controller with the USB cable to the PC and press the button to take the screenshots it works. But if I connect the controller...
  9. Xbox controller problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller problems: Hello, I just got an Xbox series S and ever since I got it the controller has been randomly losing connection with the console. The controller is up to date on software updates. It just recently...
  10. Xbox Controller problem does’nt work good

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller problem does’nt work good: I got a big problem with my controller, i push forward and for a moment it stops and i goes backwards still pushing forward, i wanna know if its a problem of drift or system submitted by...