Problem to format an USB device

Discus and support Problem to format an USB device in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I try to format a USB device (8 Go). First my PC propose : NFTS ou FAT32 or ex FAT. First question, what is the good one ? I've tried with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ClubLait5717054, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Problem to format an USB device

Hi,

I try to format a USB device (8 Go).

First my PC propose : NFTS ou FAT32 or ex FAT. First question, what is the good one ?

I've tried with the 3 possibilities, then connect my USB device into my XBOX360.

XBOX recognize it as a USB device. but when I click on it, I can't configure or personalize (as I've seen on several topics), I got 4 choices :

Rename

Format

Empty the system cache

Transfer content

None of these choices transform my USB device into a memory card for XBOX

Thanks a lot for your answers.

:)

ClubLait5717054, Oct 9, 2017
  2. Witcher 2 download problem

Hey there Dej! To download to a USB device, first format it properly for the console and then download the content normally. If it doesn't automatically download to the USB device you can move it later. Check out our "USB
    flash drive support for Xbox 360
    " guide for more info on using a USB device. Thanks!

Mister Gwyther, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest
    Mac Formatted EXFAT Hard Drive not recognized

It is formatted for EXFAT and the Xbox will detect NTFS storage devices. I'd find a storage device such as a USB that you don't often use and re-format it to run NTFS (It'll clear the memory on the device if done) And the device will need to support USB

Qwertei, Oct 9, 2017
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

FAT32 is the correct one to choose.

could be wrong, but if you see those options (Rename, Format etc) I think the USB is already ok, you might have to format it, but that's about it.

After that I think you should be able to use that storage device.

Please see this link for additional information and some trouble shooting steps:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-360/accessories/usb-flash-drive-faq

Let us know the results

WPAK, Oct 9, 2017
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

FAT32 is the correct one to choose.

could be wrong, but if you see those options (Rename, Format etc) I think the USB is already ok, you might have to format it, but that's about it.

After that I think you should be able to use that storage device.

Please see this link for additional information and some trouble shooting steps:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-360/accessories/usb-flash-drive-faq

Let us know the results
  6. ajinga66 Win User

Will a 4 terabyte hard drive kill my Xbox one x?

No problem, the USB interface of Xbox supports all kinds of storage devices, but the format of some devices does not meet the requirements, we need to change the format。
  7. Qwertei Win User

Mac Formatted EXFAT Hard Drive not recognized

It is formatted for EXFAT and the Xbox will detect NTFS storage devices. I'd find a storage device such as a USB that you don't often use and re-format it to run NTFS (It'll clear the memory on the device if done) And the device will need to support USB
  8. Killswitch51880 Win User

USB drive - need help

Is it an new USB device? All new devices need to be formatted to work on your console
  9. L Dubs89 Win User

Xbox not downloading update

If your USB was formatted correctly in the right format (Most USB flash drives come formatted as FAT32 and will have to be reformatted to NTFS. ) then
    it seems like your xbox needs a repair. If it's in warranty this should be free;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices
Thema:

1. Problem to format an USB device - Similar Threads - Problem format USB

2. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  3. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  4. fallout 4 problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    fallout 4 problem: Every time that i try to play fallout 4 i am told “ we can’t save more data for this game or app” i was wondering my how to fix this issue 6f6d4c0a-5a87-44a1-b732-47f2274a43ac
  5. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  6. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  7. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  8. I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...: Please just give me my robux but I think that is expired b27477b9-d140-499a-aed1-05f4c87eae23
  9. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  10. Problem to format External Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem to format External Storage: Hi, I started this discussion on Twitter's support, but it was not very efficient. So, let's go: I bought an external storage: Samsung M3 Portable, with USB 3.0 and 1TB (terabyte) of space; My...