Problem renewing my Gold membership

Discus and support Problem renewing my Gold membership in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am having an issue trying to renew my Gold membership. A month or so ago my usual payment method expired and my Gold membership was suspended. I went... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chad5129, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Chad5129
    Chad5129 Guest

I am having an issue trying to renew my Gold membership. A month or so ago my usual payment method expired and my Gold membership was suspended. I went in and changed my payment method and renewed my subscription for one month auto renew. Tonight I get
    on my Xbox it tells me that my Gold suscription has expired again. Apparently it did not auto renew as I thought it would. I go into the payment section and try and pay for another month, but it won’t process my payment and it says the service isn’t available
    at this time. I have two up to date and accurate paymebt methods on file and neither one will go through. Is this something on my end that I need to fix or is this something on Xbox’s end? Thanks.

:)

Chad5129, Nov 15, 2018
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Overview of Xbox LIVE Renewal

When your current Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is about to run out, you will get a renewal message on your screen.

• Month-to-month membership- Notification comes 15 days in advance
    • 3 or 12 month membership- Notification comes 30 days in advance
    Xbox LIVE membership can be renewed using a credit card, a debit card, or a Prepaid Gold Membership Card.

If your automatic membership renewal (auto renewal) is set to off, you can purchase a new subscription or use a prepaid membership card to renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

Renew with a payment option by purchasing a new membership:

Steps to Follow

1) Use your Xbox LIVE gamertag to sign in.

2) Under Settings, select Account.

3) Proceed to Your Memberships, and select the membership that you currently have (for example Xbox LIVE Gold)

4) Select Modify Membership and you will be presented with a list of renewal options. If you are on an Xbox LIVE Free Membership, you can choose to upgrade to Gold Membership.

5) Select a membership option, then Confirm Purchase.

Once you have confirmed your purchase, the following will happen:

• The payment option you are using will be charged immediately.
    • The time subscription plan you have just purchased will be added to your remaining subscription time.
    • Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be activated and auto renewal turned on.
    Take note:

If you use a credit card as your payment option, you cannot remove it on file until your current membership expires.

There is a procedure you can follow to add or change your Xbox LIVE payment option.

Renew with a prepaid membership card

It is possible to renew your Xbox LIVE membership using a Prepaid Microsoft Gold Membership Card. This card is available at retail locations.

If you choose to redeem a prepaid Xbox LIVE membership code, you will be added time to your existing Xbox LIVE membership, while your renewal settings will remain unchanged.

How to turn on auto renewal (for existing membership):

If you are already on Xbox LIVE Gold of Family Pack membership and you want to turn on auto renewal without purchasing new membership, you should contact Xbox Support.

How to Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE renewal:

If there are issues with your Xbox LIVE account, you might receive the following messages. The solutions are provided below:

• Error: Your credit card has been declined several times by our billing service.
    This means that your credit card has expired, or the information on it has been changed. To solve this problem, there is a procedure you can follow to change payment option for Xbox LIVE membership.

• Error: 8015d080
    In case you receive this error message, you need to contact Xbox Support.

xboxfelix, Nov 15, 2018
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Turn off auto renewal or cancel Xbox LIVE membership

How to turn off auto renewal

It is recommended that you cancel your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership using the option of turning off automatic renewal. If auto renewal is "off", your membership will expire at the end of its current term.

Steps to follow:

1) If you are not already signed in, click Sign In at the upper right hand corner and sign in using your Microsoft account.

2) Proceed to My Account.

3) Click Change next to automatic renewal. Change the setting to OFF

You will be able to continue enjoying all the benefits of Xbox LIVE Gold Membership until your paid membership time expires.

Note:

If you want to cancel or disable your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership immediately, you should contact Xbox support. Use the Request a Call from Support option on the official Xbox Contact Us page. Your account cannot be canceled through chat or email.

If you disable your account immediately, you will lose the time remaining on your membership subscription.

If you are on a 2 Year Xbox LIVE Gold Contract, and you want to cancel before the end of the 2 years, you will be charged an Early Termination Fee and other applicable taxes. Once the two-year agreement period is over, your account will not be renewed automatically.

You can cancel the 2 Year Xbox LIVE Gold Contract using the option of self-cancel your subscription on Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Nov 15, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

M3tal Daz3, Nov 15, 2018
  5. FreakRoach
    FreakRoach Guest
    You'll have to contact
    support
    and they can fix your billing details in your account.

FreakRoach, Nov 15, 2018
  6. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    In that case the issue seems to be on Microsoft's end.

You should go to
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
    and click on the "Billing" category with the credit card icon.

If a box with a virtual agent shows up, click on "No thanks..."

Then choose the most appropriate topic from the list and several tiles should appear at the bottom.

Depending on the time of day and times of operation in your country, you can request a callback from the Xbox support, or chat with them through a text based chat.

They can then look at your account and payment history to see what went wrong.

Arminator, Nov 15, 2018
  7. Wrightstuff1
    Wrightstuff1 Guest
    Contact Microsoft support.

Wrightstuff1, Nov 15, 2018
  8. matthewiag
    matthewiag Guest

Hello,

If this is related to an Overdue Payment you can pay it via going to

Xbox Services

If there is no Overdue fee you would need to contact Official Xbox Support Via Request a Call or Web Chat

Xbox Support Contact Us

matthewiag, Nov 6, 2018
  9. Giovhany Win User

problems with my ambassador! I can not enter ambassadors forums!

my only problem was running out of gold membership ! but when I had gold could go in and now that I renewed my membership removed the icon and I can not enter ambassadors
  10. noboundz Win User

[quote user="Synthax Error87"]

I had the same problem when I tried to renew my gold membership.

I logged into my account on xbox.com and bought it there. Fixed.

[/quote]

Sometimes it won't let you renew your XBL Gold membership on your console. When that happens, try to renew via Xbox.com.
  11. Jon 8L. Win User

Xbox live auto-renewal

similar problem. my auto renewal says I've already paid, but it still won't give me my gold membership
  12. jedibub01 Win User

renewing my xbox gold account

ive been trying to renew my gold and my sons mattscreed memberships,but it want charge my visa,giving error problems
  13. slimshady0406 Win User

Status code: 8C250001 - And it doesn't exist?? (Tried to buy a game from the marketplace, failed)

IDK what it is, i'm having the same problem trying to renew my gold membership. wtf Microsoft please get this fixed!
Thema:

1. Problem renewing my Gold membership - Similar Threads - Problem renewing Gold

2. fallout 4 problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    fallout 4 problem: Every time that i try to play fallout 4 i am told “ we can’t save more data for this game or app” i was wondering my how to fix this issue 6f6d4c0a-5a87-44a1-b732-47f2274a43ac
  3. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  4. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  5. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  6. I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...: Please just give me my robux but I think that is expired b27477b9-d140-499a-aed1-05f4c87eae23
  7. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  8. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  9. Cannot renew gold, just says theres a problem at our end, waiting might help. This was ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot renew gold, just says theres a problem at our end, waiting might help. This was ...: title says it all people. Please can a computer Lord help me ! 1045a36e-c9be-4b84-9ae7-f9ec7d03aad3
  10. problem with renew of subscription of xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem with renew of subscription of xbox live: i bought a 3 month xbox live subscription, in the subscitpions part it appears to me that it is not renewed but i can play multiplayer normaly, what can i do to fix the expiration date?,...