Problem regarding Minecraft Multiplayer and Xbox Live Gold Subscription

Discus and support Problem regarding Minecraft Multiplayer and Xbox Live Gold Subscription in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I want to ask that if I want to play multiplayer Minecraft Windows 10 edition on a single Player world with a single friend or if I want to play on a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by krishnamathur, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Problem regarding Minecraft Multiplayer and Xbox Live Gold Subscription

I want to ask that if I want to play multiplayer Minecraft Windows 10 edition on a single Player world with a single friend or if I want to play on a server, do I need Xbox live Gold subscription? Even on a PC?

:)

krishnamathur, Oct 26, 2020
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Minecraft: Java Edition not being available to be even though I already had Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, why?

Hello Mr B, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I understand your confusion and frustration regarding the multiplayer access in Minecraft: Bedrock edition and Minecraft: Java edition. Let's clarify the situation:

Minecraft: Bedrock edition and Minecraft: Java edition have different multiplayer requirements:

Minecraft: Bedrock edition (the version available on Xbox) typically requires an active Xbox Live Gold subscription to access multiplayer features. Xbox Live Gold provides online multiplayer functionality for Xbox games, including Minecraft: Bedrock edition.

Minecraft: Java edition, on the other hand, does not require an Xbox Live Gold subscription or any specific subscription to play multiplayer. Minecraft: Java edition has its own multiplayer system that operates independently of Xbox Live.

Regarding your previous ability to play Minecraft: Java edition multiplayer without a subscription, it's possible that during the period when you had the Ultimate Game Pass, it provided access to Minecraft: Java edition's multiplayer features as a part of its benefits. However, once your Ultimate Game Pass subscription ended, you no longer had access to Minecraft: Java edition multiplayer unless you have an active subscription or purchase the game separately.

It's important to note that subscription requirements and benefits can change over time, and specific promotions or offers may have been available during certain periods.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with your Xbox subscriptions, keep me posted please.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again
  3. CosmicCraze Win User

Why does my pc keep on saying "Looks like you need to renew gold" every time I open Minecraft bedrock? On p.c.

"Looks like you need to renew gold" is a message that appears when your Xbox Live Gold subscription has expired or is about to expire. Minecraft Bedrock Edition requires an active Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online multiplayer with other players.

To continue playing Minecraft bedrock on your PC, you will need to renew your Xbox Live Gold subscription. You can do this by visiting the Xbox website or using the Xbox app on your PC. Once you have renewed your subscription, sign in to your Xbox Live account within the Minecraft game to enable online multiplayer and remove the renewal prompt.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Realms or Multiplayer cross platform not working on minecraft

Thanks, that's the problem

In order to play any multiplayer / online mode on Minecraft you need Gold / Ultimate

The only modes that doesn't require it are local multiplayer and single player.

You can check similar thread here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

XBF Amber F answer:

"Minecraft itself may be played in an offline capacity without the need to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription; however, if your son wishes to utilize the following aspects of game play within Minecraft, he then would need a subscription:
    Realms
    Connecting to servers
    Cross-platform play
    For local multiplayer gaming, you don’t need an Xbox Live Gold subscription"
  5. Francia J. Win User

xbox live

Hi Lizzie, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If you're on an Xbox console, you will be needing to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription because it is required to play an online multiplayer game but if you're on an iPad playing Minecraft, an Xbox Live Gold subscription is not required.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Minecraft Servers Xbox One S

Hi Super!

Thanks for posting, the reason that Minecraft is not allowing for these functions seems to be attributed to the lack of an Xbox Live Gold subscription. Xbox Live Gold is needed to play any multiplayer functions in any game, this means that all games that
    have a single player option are playable but, if a multiplayer option is there, a gold subscription is needed to play it.

For more information on Xbox Live Gold please check out this article:
    Xbox Live Gold changes FAQ

I hope this information helps, thanks again!
Thema:

Problem regarding Minecraft Multiplayer and Xbox Live Gold Subscription

1. Problem regarding Minecraft Multiplayer and Xbox Live Gold Subscription - Similar Threads - Problem regarding Minecraft

2. Problems creating repair order

in XBoX on Windows
    Problems creating repair order: I’m unable to see any option except accessories when selecting an issue for a repair order. I just had the xbox serviced and it worked perfectly fine the last time. What am I missing?...
  3. Epic games Account problem help please

in XBoX on Windows
    Epic games Account problem help please: Hi my name is Bryson Wiggins I have made an Xbox account a while ago then I played Fortnite on it and it made a Fortnite account so one day I went on Fortnite and it said it was unlinked I don’t...
  4. I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...: I wannt to ask if there are some ways to fix this. 2fb0ffc0-ecdd-48a1-9290-bc94a26c4c47
  5. Microsoft support broken for all users major problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft support broken for all users major problem: Hi everyone am I going mad or is all support options gone completely been a customer for over 10+ years never seen this kind of service can't get my money back for broken content options there for...
  6. A complicated hacking problem

in XBoX on Windows
    A complicated hacking problem: At 9:08 PM, I got an email saying that my security info (the email) was deleted. I tried logging in but my password wasn't working and there was an unfamiliar email that was set for the recovery...
  7. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  8. Fallout 3 on game pass cloud problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 3 on game pass cloud problems: I just started playing Fallout 3 from the game pass cloud, all buttons are responding on my newer generation controller except LT and RT, do I need to use an older controller?...
  9. Microsoft rewards account problem.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards account problem.: My microsoft rewards account has been suspended for no reason and have not violated any of the service agreements please solve this problem as i have 3225 point in that account....
  10. Problem regard to extend Gold for 3 months

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Problem regard to extend Gold for 3 months: Hi there. I've tried to extend my Gold account on my xBox One, but no succes. It says that Microsoft has a problem processing my payment. I've tried with 2 debit cards and no succes. In the past I...