Problem reconnecting external drive. Can't detect games. Error code 0x80073d0d

Discus and support Problem reconnecting external drive. Can't detect games. Error code 0x80073d0d in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got gamepass and had been downloading and installing games onto an external HD from my tower. It was all working fine, had multiple... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DracRevan, Nov 8, 2021.

1. DracRevan
    DracRevan Guest

Hello,

I recently got gamepass and had been downloading and installing games onto an external HD from my tower. It was all working fine, had multiple games on it, etc. Earlier today, I took my external + a laptop to see if I could play elsewhere.

Games I had installed on external drive didn't show up on my laptop's gamepass. Thus, I went ahead and started downloading a game I had already downloaded from my tower (again, to the external). It never finished downloading given it was a huge download, and I went home to reconnect it to my tower. Since then, my games showed up but I got the error that my drive was offline. I found a couple posts online telling me had to repair/reinstall. Had success with one game after it sputtered a few times, but now the rest of my games are refusing to even install. Now getting error code 0x80073d0d

Wondering if I could get any help.

Cheers!

**EDIT** I fixed it; trying to use the external on my laptop's GamePass VS my tower's GamePass seems to be the culprit. After going to PC's settings>system>storage>change where new content is saved, I "switched" where new apps will save to from my local disk (C) to my external (D). This noted that D had external apps from another computer so this wouldn't be possible unless it deleted it, which it asked me to. I agreed and it deleted what I presume to be my laptop's apps on the external, thus freeing up my external for my tower.

:)

DracRevan, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Drac welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I had this issue around a year ago. I could tell you all the 10 steps I followed to solve it, unfortunately what helped me to solved this was to restart my PC as it comes here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

In the part of Windows 10 click on "Reset this PC" these instructions will help you to solve the problem, you can even leave your important files!
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Game Won't Install

4. QuiCkz Ninja Win User

Problema wireless

Ciao prova a fare questo se hai un hard disk

Wireless Networking: You may be unable to detect wireless networks with an external hard drive attached.

Workaround: While the console is off, disconnect the external hard drive, power on the console, connect to the wireless network, and reconnect the external hard drive.
  5. Thalen Ovall-down Win User

Games wont install on my E drive

it says it already is a ntfs file system and i have tried to move xbox app itself to the E drive but it says the same error code 0x80073d0d
  6. Eli MT Win User

Can't install gamepass Cities Skylines: Windows 10 Edition

Hi,

Sorry for not responding earlier. I wrote a response but didn't post it until I had done some more research based on what you said, got distracted, and forgot.

Now it is showing a new error message, and just says that there was a problem installing (not that it is done and can't launch).

I have other games installed on both a local D drive and the external drive. I don't use the C drive for games because it has very little space.

The error code is "0x80073d0d" - I looked on the list of error codes shown on the support website ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/error-code-search-guide ) and searched it up but couldn't find it.

I did try to install the game on the Xbox app - I don't know if there is another place like Steam I could install it from since I have it on Gamepass but I couldn't find anything online.

I have tried installing the game on my local D drive as well as the Seagate drive, but not the C drive because there was too little space.

I have the basic PC subscription to Gamepass.

Thanks,

Eli
Thema:

1. Problem reconnecting external drive. Can't detect games. Error code 0x80073d0d - Similar Threads - Problem reconnecting external

2. Problem with logging into the Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problem with logging into the Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with logging into the Xbox system. When I log in, it shows up like in the picture. I reset it all but it still shows up like this. Please help me TT...
  3. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  4. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  5. fallout 4 problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    fallout 4 problem: Every time that i try to play fallout 4 i am told “ we can’t save more data for this game or app” i was wondering my how to fix this issue 6f6d4c0a-5a87-44a1-b732-47f2274a43ac
  6. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  7. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  8. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  9. I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...: Please just give me my robux but I think that is expired b27477b9-d140-499a-aed1-05f4c87eae23
  10. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...