problem loading MSFS following update

Discus and support problem loading MSFS following update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is is possible to reinstall MSFS2020 on my PC? I originally had MSFS2020 running well but, following the first update, it will only load to the first... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PhilipH4, Sep 4, 2020.

1. PhilipH4
    PhilipH4 Guest

Is is possible to reinstall MSFS2020 on my PC?

I originally had MSFS2020 running well but, following the first update, it will only load to the first screen after the "Press any key" instruction.

How do I reinstall?

Incidentally, I found the update procedure confusing as there was no indication from the MS website showing either the initialisation of the download or a satisfactory completion.

:)

PhilipH4, Sep 4, 2020
  2. DanBaas Win User

Need to talk to someone

MSFS will not load after an update
  3. BjörnKleist Win User

Start of MSFS

My problems was solved with the last update to MSFS 2020.

Best regards

Bjorn
  4. Beef36 Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator WorldMap doens't work. Crashes to desktop

I resolved a similar issue and are posting here in case someone finds it useful.

My World Map would intermittently crash when pressing the "FLY" button.

Clearing the game's cache makes logical sense, however the instructions in earlier posts above are for the Microsoft Store version of MSFS. It didn't work for the Steam version of MSFS.

What did work for the Steam version was deleting corrupted MSFS indexing and / or caching files stored locally, by following the official instructions here: How to fix loading issues after clicking "Fly" or "Ready to fly" button

In essence, for the Steam version of MSFS, I deleted the following folders in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

Folders to Delete:

• SceneryIndexes
    • SceneryCache
    • DCE
    Following above, my World Map crashing issues were resolved.
  5. joemc72 Win User

cant launch game

Same issue on PC trying to load MSFS.
  6. Tomgtomgoulden Win User

Download loop issues Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

We cannot down load MSFS it keeps crashing!!!
Thema:

1. problem loading MSFS following update - Similar Threads - problem loading MSFS

2. Minecraft out of storage and problem loading this world.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft out of storage and problem loading this world.: So, I’ve read the forums on the Minecraft problem on Xbox “There was a problem loading this world”and cleared the cache, reset the Xbox, uninstalled Minecraft, re-synced everything and sometimes...
  3. Problems while loading a minecraft version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems while loading a minecraft version: The problem: I'm a speedrunner, so I use minecraft 1.16.1 fabric. But I also play 1.20.1 wit friends. Eerytime I load anoter game version (that is not the 1.16.1 fabric), when I later try to load...
  4. Hey, I'm having problems loading into games like Fortnite, Dead by Daylight, Dragon Ball...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey, I'm having problems loading into games like Fortnite, Dead by Daylight, Dragon Ball...: I've tried everything but it always says there's issues with my account or a network error or a sign in problem, I've tried all troubleshooting ways deleting and reinstalling the game and my...
  5. Does anyone know how to fix my xbox's loading problem for games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix my xbox's loading problem for games?: I recently started having a major problem with my Xbox One S. Two of my core games are fortnite and rocket league and both are having problems, but it doesn't seem like an Epic Games thing. For...
  6. Xbox loading problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox loading problem: I have an xbox 360s originally a 4gb internal storage and then i got a 500gb hard drive. Just recently it would load up and afterwards it would be stuck on a gray loading screen that it would...
  7. Xbox app not loading (2 Problems)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app not loading (2 Problems): So i open the xbox app and it just doesnt load. icons like minecraft and other games show up, and i can scroll, but nothing loads. ive tried everything, besides a reinstall as id have to remove...
  8. My xbox app is saying, " There was a problem loading installation locations, try again."...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox app is saying, " There was a problem loading installation locations, try again."...: I have already tried everything Xbox support has in hand , they sent me to this website to request further assistant, I've googled any solutions and tried command prompts, PowerShell , registry ,...
  9. MSFS boot failed during update check step. (Loading Problem)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS boot failed during update check step. (Loading Problem): Hello! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My system specs are: OC: Windows 11 Pro l 21H2 l 22000.2176...
  10. there was a problem loading installation locations

in XBoX on Consoles
    there was a problem loading installation locations: I have been having a problem with the Xbox app on pc. I can't download or play any games, when I try to install a game it says I need to download Gaming Services. The problem is that I have it...