Problem: GamePass Ultimate 4 month subscription instead of xbox live Gold 12 month (code)

Discus and support Problem: GamePass Ultimate 4 month subscription instead of xbox live Gold 12 month (code) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am coming to you because I encountered a problem. I recently purchased a 12 month xbox code from Instant Gaming along with a friend. For... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jean-PierreGuyot, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Problem: GamePass Ultimate 4 month subscription instead of xbox live Gold 12 month (code)

Code:

Hello,

I am coming to you because I encountered a problem.
    I recently purchased a 12 month xbox code from Instant Gaming along with a friend.

For this friend no problem, whereas for me, this initial 12-month subscription for just xbox live gold turned into 4 months of Ultimate gamepass, without me knowing why.
    I turned to Instant Gaming support who told me that the problem came from Microsoft, and that they had no leverage on the subject.

I tried to contact support by phone, unable to get someone or find an answer to my problem.

Looking forward to your feedback, I hope to find a solution.

Cordially.

:)

Jean-PierreGuyot, Apr 14, 2021
  2. KindGryphon Win User

6-month UItimate Pass gift code and live Ultimate subscription

So my regular subscription will just continue after the 6 months is up?
    No. If you already had xbox live gold then when you add an xbox gamepass ultimate subscription (which includes Xbox live gold) it upgrades your existing Xbox live gold subscription to gamepass ultimate (hence why your gold subscription "disappeared")

So lets say for example before you added the gamepass ultimate subscription you had 6 months of xbox live gold left. When you added the 6 month gamepass code youd essentially now have 12 months of gamepass ultimate in this above example.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Friend with past due Logging into my xbox.

If you currently have Game Pass Ultimate and attempt to redeem a 12 month Xbox Live Gold code, it will convert to a 3 or 4 month Ultimate subscription. If you want to continue with just Gold for 12 months and not Ultimate, you would have to wait for the
    Ultimate to expire before redeeming the regular Gold code.

If you don't currently have Ultimate, then you should have no problem redeeming the 12 months of Gold.
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Xbox Live Gold Redemption

So I just entered the code to reload my account with 12 months of Gold, but when I did it, It instead gave me 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate? Is there a way to revert this? Because I don't really want the game pass, I just want Gold for the next year..
    Did you already have an active gamepass ultimate subscription when you redeemed the year of gold? If so then thats why it converted your 1 year of gold to 4 months of gamepass ultimate.
  5. AdrianoBeckles Win User

Subscription

Look, I bought a 1 month gamepass ultimate but the time is up. The problem is I don't want the gamepass ultimate but instead I want 3 months live gold would it allow me to buy it or would it just extend the gamepass ultimate subscription by 3 months
  6. Panno92 Win User

My Gamepass Subscription Is Causing Me Problems

Hi, if you had redeemed an xbox live gold for 12 months while you had an active Gamepass Ultimate Subscription, all the gold months have been converted to 4 months of Gamepass Ultimate

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-game-pass#join

In order to get only the Gold subscription you should have waited until GP Ultimate expiration and then redeemed the code... you can try to contact the support and ask them if they can convert your Ultimate subscritpion into a Gold one, but I don't know
    if they can do it... https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-faq
Thema:

Problem: GamePass Ultimate 4 month subscription instead of xbox live Gold 12 month (code)

1. Problem: GamePass Ultimate 4 month subscription instead of xbox live Gold 12 month (code) - Similar Threads - Problem GamePass Ultimate

2. Gamepass problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass problem: I have looked everywhere but I can't seem to get help with my gamepass app on my PC. It was working fine a few days ago. I got back from a business trip, and now the app won't show any games, and...
  3. Problems with 3 games on gamepass this morning. Microsoft support beyond awful

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with 3 games on gamepass this morning. Microsoft support beyond awful: Humankind disappeared Starfield not syncing on iPad Football manager touch screen not working. And Microsoft support never ever ever calls you back. Jokes ba0f2c73-2db9-4358-ace3-9f70e10916aa
  4. Xbox gamepass subscription problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamepass subscription problem: Hi, I'm Indra and I live in Japan, I want to subscribe Xbox game pass but its shows US currency, my Microsoft account is already set to Japan location. c9b83eba-70af-4b27-92f5-93538bb11a4e
  5. Problems with downloading any game gamepass and purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with downloading any game gamepass and purchased: i upgraded my pc including new ssd with fresh windows install and went into microsoft devices and removed my old pc and when i purchased forza 5 i was not able to download the game along with any...
  6. PC GamePass Uncompressed Data Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC GamePass Uncompressed Data Problem: Fact that the games I download from Gamepass are uncompressed causes time and internet loss. For example Atomic Heart In Microsoft Store download size is 76 GB. But the download size on Steam...
  7. Conan on Gamepass problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Conan on Gamepass problem: Conan Exiles on PC Gamepass says my account doesn't have access to Conan Exiles when I try to play it with Battleye. Other Gamepass games work fine and Im positive Conan is still on gamepass (It...
  8. Xbox gamepass problem that I encountered

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gamepass problem that I encountered: Xbox game install bug Hey, so I bought the xbox game pass for the pc. I played few games and I wanted to install a new one. When I started to download the game it suddenly stoped and started...
  9. Xbox gamepass problem that I encountered .

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gamepass problem that I encountered .: Xbox game install bug Hey, so I bought the xbox game pass for the pc. I played few games and I wanted to install a new one. When I started to download the game it suddenly stoped and started...
  10. Problem with xbox gamepass on PC can't do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with xbox gamepass on PC can't do anything: Hi! So i have a problem, for the past week my gamepass isnt working. I tried to install crusader kings 3 and at one moment i realized my download was stuck after 1%. I pressed the pause button and...