Problem controlling Denon AVR-3808

Discus and support Problem controlling Denon AVR-3808 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, So I've set my xbox one up on my home theatre system. I followed the xbox automatic procedure to detect my various components and apply the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SidharthaXx, Dec 12, 2015.

1. SidharthaXx
    SidharthaXx Guest

Hi All,

So I've set my xbox one up on my home theatre system. I followed the xbox automatic procedure to detect my various components and apply the right codes for controlling them.

However, I now have this slightly weird, totally repeatable error. Basically when I say 'xbox one off' it only powers down my Denon AVR-3808 every other time. It does this with complete predicability. So if I power down and it doesn't turn off the AVR-3808,
    I then power the xbox one up again with 'xbox on' (voice) and power down again by voice, and this time it turns off the AVR-3808.

Anyone got any idea what's going on? Perhaps there is a different control code I can enter manually to avoid this?

Thanks for any help.

:)

SidharthaXx, Dec 12, 2015
  2. BiggShooter
    BiggShooter Guest
    Xbox One unable to detect that my receiver supports DD5.1, DD7.1 or DTS

I have a Denon AVR-3311CI and it accepts HDMI audio. I've always used / run the HDMI cable from my Xbox 360 to my Denon 3311CI (GAME - IN), and then another HDMI cable from my Denon 3311CI (MONITOR - OUT) to my Panasonic Plasma (HDMI 1). The Denon AVR-3311CI
    would display DOLBY DIGITAL!!

With the Xbox One, I am running the HDMI cable from the Xbox One to my Denon AVR-3311CI (GAME - IN), and then the HDMI cable from my Denon AVR-3311CI (Monitor - OUT) to my Panasonic Plasma (HDMI 1). The Denon AVR-3311CI displays MULTI-CHANNEL with 5.1
    UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO selected. NO DOLBY DIGITAL like the Xbox 360.

I just ordered a Denon AVR-X4000 AV Receiver to replace my Denon AVR-3311CI AV Receiver. I plan on using the Denon AVR-3311CI in another room with my second Xbox One console.

Hopefully Microsoft will get their ACT together and start fixing some of these issues. I think the console should've waited another year before it was released, as I'm guessing it will take about a year before things "seem" right.

Just my two cents.

BiggShooter, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Roxy2208
    Roxy2208 Guest
    DENON AVR 23901CI help

I have searched and searched and still have not quite found the correct solution to have the XBox One run through the Denon AVR 2309CI. Currently, we have a Samsung HDTV - LN52A650A1FX2A with the HDMI into the Denon AVR 2309CI. The cable is connected into
    the cable box (we subscribe to Comcast), Motorola DCT 6412 III. The HDMI from the Motorola DCT 6412 III -> Denon AVR 2309C. The XBOne HDMI ->Denon AVR 2309C. We have tried the S/FID from the XBOne into the Denon AVR 2309C with no effect. We want our 7:1. Denon's
    website states that the component, ie the XBone, should have a code to program. I cannot seem to find the code. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!

Roxy2208, Dec 12, 2015
  4. BiggShooter Win User

Xbox One unable to detect that my receiver supports DD5.1, DD7.1 or DTS

I have a Denon AVR-3311CI and it accepts HDMI audio. I've always used / run the HDMI cable from my Xbox 360 to my Denon 3311CI (GAME - IN), and then another HDMI cable from my Denon 3311CI (MONITOR - OUT) to my Panasonic Plasma (HDMI 1). The Denon AVR-3311CI
    would display DOLBY DIGITAL!!

With the Xbox One, I am running the HDMI cable from the Xbox One to my Denon AVR-3311CI (GAME - IN), and then the HDMI cable from my Denon AVR-3311CI (Monitor - OUT) to my Panasonic Plasma (HDMI 1). The Denon AVR-3311CI displays MULTI-CHANNEL with 5.1
    UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO selected. NO DOLBY DIGITAL like the Xbox 360.

I just ordered a Denon AVR-X4000 AV Receiver to replace my Denon AVR-3311CI AV Receiver. I plan on using the Denon AVR-3311CI in another room with my second Xbox One console.

Hopefully Microsoft will get their ACT together and start fixing some of these issues. I think the console should've waited another year before it was released, as I'm guessing it will take about a year before things "seem" right.

Just my two cents.
  5. Spiros Papadatos Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have the same problem 2 weeks now in my series X. Dolby Atmos indicator is not displayed on Denon (AVR-X1700H) AVR while watching Netflix. AVR shows PCM input for a reason. In games and Disney plus, Prime video apps is working fine.
  6. woza55 Win User

Xbox One S not recognizing full 4K capabilities through 4K AV receiver

would you happen to know if this is applicable for the Denon AVR X520BT ? Thanks
  7. axxo-9EC04FE6-31DE-4 Win User

Crackling noise coming from speakers

I have the same Problem with my Denon AVR.

If the AVR is set to DTS and i switch within diffrent Devices and switch Back to the Xbox One, the crackling Noise starts. This seems to be a Bug with the HDMI Handshake on Xbox One, because none of my other Devices behave like that.

What helps is going to Controls and switch the Sound from DTS to 7.1 and back to DTS to re-do the Handshake.
  8. Roxy2208 Win User

DENON AVR 23901CI help

I apologize for my typos - the correct label for the receiver is: DENON AVR 2309CI.
Thema:

1. Problem controlling Denon AVR-3808 - Similar Threads - Problem controlling Denon

2. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  3. Controller problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller problems?: Since getting my Series X back in January of this year, my controller likes to be a little funky. It's the standard controller that comes with the console first of all. The oldest of its issues...
  4. On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...: I am using Windows 11 and an Xbox One controller. For a few weeks now, I have had the problem, that the controller would stop being recognized by the system. The symptoms of that are Controller...
  5. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  6. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  7. Xbox controller problem on Steam.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller problem on Steam.: I'm playing The Talos Principle 2 on Steam desktop with an Xbox controller. There are two functions (so far) in the game I can't do using the controller. One is climbing ladders and the other is...
  8. Problems when trying to roll back control update

in XboX Insiders
    Problems when trying to roll back control update: My controller had problems after an update, so I tried to revert its hardware through the console, but whenever I try to revert it, a problem appears on the screen saying "There was a problem with...
  9. Xbox controller screenshot problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller screenshot problem: Hey guys! I have a problem with the screenshots. If I connect my xbox controller with the USB cable to the PC and press the button to take the screenshots it works. But if I connect the controller...
  10. Xbox controller problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller problems: Hello, I just got an Xbox series S and ever since I got it the controller has been randomly losing connection with the console. The controller is up to date on software updates. It just recently...