problem connecting to 5.0ghz but my 2.4ghz works just fine

Discus and support problem connecting to 5.0ghz but my 2.4ghz works just fine in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; when i connect to 5G my internet will not connect with it but when i connect to 4G my internet is fine except it feeling like its dcing every 10... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Nightmare-SWGOH, Apr 1, 2024.

1. problem connecting to 5.0ghz but my 2.4ghz works just fine

when i connect to 5G my internet will not connect with it but when i connect to 4G my internet is fine except it feeling like its dcing every 10 seconds when im playing games whihc is also another issue

submitted by /u/Nightmare-SWGOH
    [link] [comments]

/u/Nightmare-SWGOH, Apr 1, 2024
  2. BURNER247 Win User

Two xboxes in home, one lags terribly in co-op only recently. Any ideas?

Things to consider when deciding to purchase a new router.

• Older style Xbox360 - if used with a network adapter for wireless connection, you can connect to 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz networks.

• New style Xbox360 (slim) - Has a built in wireless adapter, but can only connect to 2.4Ghz networks only.

What does this mean?

Well it means you have some options when deciding on what type of router to purchase.

1. You could purchase a router that is only designed to support a 2.4Ghz network, and connect both consoles.

Or

2. Buy a dual band router which would support a 2.4ghz, and 5.0Ghz networks, and connect both consoles.

The first option is what the majority of Xbox users currently use, and is fairly easy to set-up. The second option is more advanced and requires one to set-up two independent networks.

For the advanced option to work, you would need to:

1. Set up a 2.4Ghz network to connect the Xbox360 slim.
    2. Set up a 5.0Ghz network to connect the original Xbox360

Dual band would work well for people who have an older style Xbox360, but it is pretty much point-less if you have two newer Xbox360 slims.

Also, always look for the Xbox360 compatibility logo when considering a new router purchase.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

XCloud

Make sure your device is using the 5.0ghz network. Xcloud is currently only designed to work on that network. It should work on the 2.4ghz network either at official launch or sometime after.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox 360 Wi-Fi network adapter driver.

Hi, having looked at the product page, it could just be that your router only has the 5.0ghz signal switched on. If you turn the 2.4ghz signal on in the router settings, then the Xbox 360 should recognise your wireless router no problem.
  5. Nick. C. Win User

Xbox One X upload speed is terribly slow but upload speed is fine on every other device

Hi heres a thought you might wanna consider. My router has a 2.4Ghz and a 5Ghz connection I usually game on my 5ghz for gaming purposes and I get around 40mb/s to about 60mb/s on my xbox one X. 2.4ghz does runs a lil slower. Does your ISP offer
    two bandwith connection through your router? If so that might help.
    Thanks for the reply, yea iv tried both the 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz wireless networks there was a difference but not a positive one (still limited to 3Mbps upload).

Currently i am now hard wired with the same 3Mbps upload.
  6. husham ameen Win User

WiFi problem

Just for context, i solved the problem

My router had 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz at the same time. I disabled the 2.4Ghz network and its connected
Thema:

problem connecting to 5.0ghz but my 2.4ghz works just fine

1. problem connecting to 5.0ghz but my 2.4ghz works just fine - Similar Threads - problem connecting 0ghz

2. Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one: Ho I having issues connecting to my xbox one with sky broadband , lhave tried all the the normal fixes but still no joy. dbfeabac-ca59-4f29-bbe3-0a528e34ef7d
  3. Xbox app connecting problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app connecting problem: On the Xbox app, Whenever I invite someone or try and join someones party, it just says "Connecting...". Sometimes I have no problem connecting and other times It's impossible to join a party....
  4. Error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection problems with my internet....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection problems with my internet....: I haven't used my xbox series X much recently, came back online recently and had to do update for system. Now I keep getting error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection...
  5. How do I solve my problem with Ethernet cable connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I solve my problem with Ethernet cable connection?: Hi, I bought my Xbox Series S console and tried to connect to wired network, via my Ethernet cable that works fine with other devices. My previous Xbox was connected to the internet through this...
  6. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  7. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  8. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  9. why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem: I have an hardware problem i cant connect to wifi 8e189b8a-4a79-4bd8-83f1-9e4c7084e9fa
  10. Connection problems. Please don't suggest the obvious fixes as I've listed half the things...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problems. Please don't suggest the obvious fixes as I've listed half the things...: I am so very close to switching back to PlStaytion... weeks now I have had the worst connection issues to my xbox. Wired, 2G, 5G, new wires.. I even went as far as upgrading my internet...