Pro 2 controller audio intermittent in series x

Discus and support Pro 2 controller audio intermittent in series x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Pro 2 controller shows the jack connected but it isn't. This is intermittent every 30 seconds also game audio. I reboot console series x and controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by El Macho IQ, Jun 4, 2023.

1. El Macho IQ
    El Macho IQ Guest

Pro 2 controller shows the jack connected but it isn't. This is intermittent every 30 seconds also game audio. I reboot console series x and controller but it is not fixed.

:)

El Macho IQ, Jun 4, 2023
  2. El Macho IQ Win User

Hi, I cleaned the port and is still with the issue.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Sure thing. I appreciate it. Thank you.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi El!

Are you referring to the Xbox Elite controller 2?
    Have you tried cleaning its audio jack? Maybe there are some dirt causing the issue.

To further isolate the issue, try using a different controller if you get the same issue or not.

Don't forget to check for your controller updates as well.
    - https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  5. El Macho IQ Win User

Hi Rostom

Yes I mean Xbox Elite 2. I isolated the issue using it in a series S, same audio problem. Controller updated latest firmware.

I'll clean the jack and comeback with my comments.

Thanks.
  6. Alex_Sisk Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

I got my Series X in January, and never even took the included controller out of the box, because I own the Elite Series 2. When I dropped my Elite Series 2 (oof) recently, I sent it off for out-of-warranty repair, and pulled out the basic controller, still wrapped and taped in the foam bag in the box.

Stock controller worked fine for a few days, then there was a firmware update - recently, and I'm having intermittent disconnections all the time. It works fine when wired with a USB-A -> USB-C cable (I use the 9-foot one that comes with the Elite Series 2).

I decided, since I'd never had trouble with connectivity on the Elite Series 2, that I would buy a 2nd one, brand new of course. It 100% required me to update before proceeding.

Since I never had issues with the Series X and Elite Series 2, I wasn't aware of the known connectivity issues until the basic controller started intermittently dropping connection.. After searching, I saw that there were a ton of articles from way back in January, including Microsoft acknowledging the problem and releasing a firmware update in March...

Yet here I am with a freshly unwrapped Series X controller AND a brand new, (delivered Sept. 7th) SECOND $180 Elite Series 2 controller, and BOTH are cutting out intermittently..

-Sitting Less than 7 feet from my console

-I keep my batteries charged - both the Elite's internal, and the Enelooph Pro AA rechargeables that I use in the regular controller.

-As I mentioned, latest firmware on controller

-Of course, latest firmware/software on Series X console

-Both controllers work fine when wired.

-Already performed hard power cycle on the controller as well as the console.

-1st Elite (the one being repaired) never had issues until I dropped it - but it was never exposed to that new firmware)

-That's 8 months I used my 1st Elite Series 2 with the Series X and no problems.

It seems to me that the original intermittent connectivity issues were never resolved.
Thema:

1. Pro 2 controller audio intermittent in series x - Similar Threads - Pro controller audio

2. Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.: I've drove myself crazy for hours, trying to figure out the issue. (In the past it was so easy, I'd power on the controller, the drivers automatically updated, and nothing else was needed) Now...
  3. FLYDIGI Vader 3 Pro PC Gaming Controller

in XboX Insiders
    FLYDIGI Vader 3 Pro PC Gaming Controller: Dors anyone know if this controller connects to Xbox series s? I know it says pc, but is it possible without using some weird wires to connect? I know it's wired, that'd not what I meant....
  4. Issue connecting my Xbox controller to my surface pro x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue connecting my Xbox controller to my surface pro x: I’m having issues connecting my controller to my surface pro x. I’ve connected it to my two other consoles and had no problems. I also tried my I phone and it connected instantly. Is there any...
  5. why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...: why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro? Does it have access to any of my information? Why would I want xbox app to control my device? I don't...
  6. Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro: I know this is a known issue. And I tried so many things people said on the internet but nothing worked. I even let it run for over an hour but still didnt work. It synched on my 10 year old pc,...
  7. why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and...: very bad ping spikes when using powera fusion pro 3 wired controller it also happens on ps5 controller and xbox one controller but it doesn't happen when using mouse or keyboard its so annoying...
  8. Nintendo switch pro controller on xbox game pass pc explained

in XboX Insiders
    Nintendo switch pro controller on xbox game pass pc explained: Hey, i recently acquired gamepass and i couldnt use my switch pro controller on it, in steam it works fine but xbox doasent have compatibility, so im going to show you how to do it. First connect...
  9. how do i connect my nintedo switch pusion pro wireless controller to my laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i connect my nintedo switch pusion pro wireless controller to my laptop: how do i connect my nintedo switch pusion pro wireless controller to my laptop 985fb6ee-f1a3-4b6a-a881-ede9e5dae091
  10. Anyone else have any issues with the vibration settings not saving with the pro controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else have any issues with the vibration settings not saving with the pro controller...: I recently purchased a pro controller and the vibration settings are saved to my profile (I want the trigger rumble but not the main) and every single game I've played whether it be through steam...