Privacy settings won't change on child account although I am a parent account

Discus and support Privacy settings won't change on child account although I am a parent account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm trying to change the privacy settings of my "child" account, although that account was made when I was 13 and I am currently over the age of 18.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Hollowbro, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Hollowbro
    Hollowbro Guest

I'm trying to change the privacy settings of my "child" account, although that account was made when I was 13 and I am currently over the age of 18. When I access the account with the parent account and change the settings like allowing the creation of
    clubs, but when I hit the submit button I get the "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later." message. This is actually driving me insane and for the last 3 hours I have been trying to fix it. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

:)

Hollowbro, Apr 4, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hey Hollowbro,

Thank
    you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. If anyone needs assistance
    with this issue or any other issues, we suggest creating a new thread.

Thank you
    again and have a great day Hollowbro!
  3. Hollowbro Win User

Your account should have automatically changed to an adult account when you turned 18. You might want to make sure that your birthdate is set correctly in your account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12411/microsoft-account-change-birthdate

If your birthdate is correct you may be able to remove the "child" status by adding a payment method and billing information:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/payment-and-purchases/manage-payment-options-online
    This worked, thank you very much.
  4. 4297f9a3-1dfb-4130-8 Win User

5. Jacyintha Win User

Online privacy setting won't save

The privacy settings are separate from the whethere the account is child or adult. If your account is set up as a child account, there might be a parent gamertag that could change your privacy settings...
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cannot remove parental lock even though I'm an adult

Only a parental (adult account) can change the privacy settings for a child account. Your parents should open an adult account and add your child account to it.
Thema:

1. Privacy settings won't change on child account although I am a parent account - Similar Threads - Privacy settings won't

2. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...
  3. Can not access data center on modern warfare 3 , have read replies , privacy settings are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not access data center on modern warfare 3 , have read replies , privacy settings are...: Can not access data center from modern warfare 3 have Xbox live gold game pass and settings are correct , please help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Store and subscriptions / Xbox Live Gold*...
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. privacy settings help for playing NBA24K

in XBoX Games and Apps
    privacy settings help for playing NBA24K: I was trying to update my son's privacy settings but figured the only way to do this would be to remove him from the family group. I think I may have removed myself in error, how do I add myself...
  6. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...
  7. Online Safety and Privacy setting question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Online Safety and Privacy setting question: Hello I have original Xbox one, and there are settings that are called online safety and privacy, the default is adult profile which is more sociable, since I do not play any multiplayer games and...
  8. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  9. The Xbox website on google won't let me sign in and change my privacy settings to allow me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    The Xbox website on google won't let me sign in and change my privacy settings to allow me...: I have tried to connect to the sign in on different web browsers but every time I get an error message when trying to sign into my Microsoft account on the Xbox account website. I have tried...
  10. Minecraft won't let my son play online even though privacy settings are all enabled.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft won't let my son play online even though privacy settings are all enabled.: Dear sir/madam, My son would like to play minecraft java edition on his pc on multiplayer. I have bought the game through his account in the play store. I changed all the privacy settings in the...