Privacy setting for Minecraft Realms - submitting to allow create and join clubs won’t...

Discus and support Privacy setting for Minecraft Realms - submitting to allow create and join clubs won’t... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’ve tried to select “allow” for him for the setting “You can create and join clubs” and when I submit the page it defaults back to “block” I’ve tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Marla Andrews, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Privacy setting for Minecraft Realms - submitting to allow create and join clubs won’t...

I’ve tried to select “allow” for him for the setting “You can create and join clubs” and when I submit the page it defaults back to “block”

I’ve tried SEVERAL help pages on here and it looks like I’ve done all the suggested steps.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

:)

Marla Andrews, Jun 30, 2022
  2. EzawaAkihiko Win User

How to: Provide Feedback for Forums.Xbox.com

In my Privacy & online safety settings, I can't turn the ‘you can create and join clubs’ and 'Broadcast gameplay' to Allow, every time I turned them into 'Allow' and clicked submit, it turned back to block automatically. and I can't join Minecraft Realms
  3. StarSeeker89172 Win User

How do I play on servers and with friends on Minecraft?

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up. Review and change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings."

This was breaking me. But with hours of searching and trying different things this was the key:

To join a Realm in the first place, the xbox setting You can create and join Clubs must be set to Allow.

So even though I had allowed my child to join multiplayer games, they still could not join my Realm.

You can adjust Join Clubs on the Xbox One console or in a browser.

Xbox One Console:

Login as the parent/adult in the family

Account > Family Settings

Choose child's profile

Privacy & online safety

Xbox Live privacy

View details & customise

Friends & clubs

You can create and join clubs: ALLOW

Communication & multiplayer

You can join multiplayer games: Allow

You can play with people outside of Xbox Live: Allow

In a Browser:

https://account.xbox.com/Profile & sign in

Privacy Settings

Choose the Child Account you wish to amend

Choose Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety

Adjust the following:

You can play with people outside of Xbox Live: Allow (not sure if this is needed, but as Minecraft is cross-platform I adjusted this)

You can create and join clubs: ALLOW

You can join multiplayer games: Allow
  4. ThiccRichie Win User

Minecraft Realms

For Realms, you need to make sure the “You can create and join Clubs” setting is also set to Allow.

If you change this setting, or if this setting is already correct, quit Minecraft, sign out of the Xbox App, re-sign in, and then launch Minecraft again.

Getting a direct link to the realm could also help!
  5. RainingRoses Win User

Cross play on a child account

Hello,

Some games require you to enable cross-play in

the game settings to be able to do this - this doesn’t

apply to Minecraft though.

You don't need to manually enable cross play for Minecraft Realms as this is already set up, just make sure your son and his friend’s account privacy settings allow them to play online. To adjust these settings, sign in to the Privacy & online safety page.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help...e-online-safety-and-privacy-settings-xbox-one

Note: If your son is on a child account, an adult from the same Microsoft family will need to sign in and change these account settings.

To play Minecraft Realms, you need to allow the following settings:

“You can play with people outside of Xbox Live”

“You can create and join clubs”

“You can join multiplayer games”

When adjusting any account settings, make sure to select ‘submit’ to confirm and save these changes.

Set the above settings to allow and your son should be able to play online with friends. Although if you experience any issues with this, here is a multiplayer troubleshooting page:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us...ecraft-Realms-and-Multiplayer-Troubleshooting

Minecraft Realms FAQ

In case needed, I’ll leave the instructions to join a Realm below:

To join a Realm on Minecraft, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Realms Menu from the Main Menu

of Minecraft.

2. From the list of Realms available to the player, select

the one they want to join.

3. Once selected, that particular Realm will become

available to the player.

Each Realm that a player joins first requires an invitation, indicated by the flashing mail icon.

A Realm's current status is indicated by the colored

dot next to it: green means that the Realm is open

and available to join, yellow indicates that it expires soon, and red indicates that the Realm has expired or has

been closed by the owner.

Any questions, I’m happy to help! :)
  6. David Wirsching Win User

I joined a minecraft realm with my friend yesterday but then today when i tried to get back on today it said i needed game pass to join my friends on minecraft now. why is this the case?

To change the Minecraft Realm privacy for everyone, follow these steps:

Sign in to your Xbox account.
    Open the Xbox app and select “Minecraft.”
    Select “Settings” and then “Privacy and security.”
    Select “Change online privacy and security settings.”
    Select “Everyone” to allow anyone to join your Realm, or select “Friends” to allow only your friends to join.
    Save the changes.
Thema:

Privacy setting for Minecraft Realms - submitting to allow create and join clubs won’t...

1. Privacy setting for Minecraft Realms - submitting to allow create and join clubs won’t... - Similar Threads - Privacy setting Minecraft

2. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...
  3. Can not access data center on modern warfare 3 , have read replies , privacy settings are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not access data center on modern warfare 3 , have read replies , privacy settings are...: Can not access data center from modern warfare 3 have Xbox live gold game pass and settings are correct , please help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Store and subscriptions / Xbox Live Gold*...
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. privacy settings help for playing NBA24K

in XBoX Games and Apps
    privacy settings help for playing NBA24K: I was trying to update my son's privacy settings but figured the only way to do this would be to remove him from the family group. I think I may have removed myself in error, how do I add myself...
  6. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...
  7. Online Safety and Privacy setting question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Online Safety and Privacy setting question: Hello I have original Xbox one, and there are settings that are called online safety and privacy, the default is adult profile which is more sociable, since I do not play any multiplayer games and...
  8. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  9. Minecraft won't let my son play online even though privacy settings are all enabled.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft won't let my son play online even though privacy settings are all enabled.: Dear sir/madam, My son would like to play minecraft java edition on his pc on multiplayer. I have bought the game through his account in the play store. I changed all the privacy settings in the...
  10. Can’t get on Minecraft realms because of privacy settings that have already been changed I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t get on Minecraft realms because of privacy settings that have already been changed I...: Can’t get on Minecraft realms because of privacy settings that have already been changed I have been trying to play Minecraft with friends on Minecraft realms it’s saying that I need to change my...