Privacy and online sadly settings not changing when told

Discus and support Privacy and online sadly settings not changing when told in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have gone through all the steps to get to the Xbox series x/s, Xbox one, and windows 10 devices online safety settings but when I try to change it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by michael powell1, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Privacy and online sadly settings not changing when told

I have gone through all the steps to get to the Xbox series x/s, Xbox one, and windows 10 devices online safety settings but when I try to change it and save it just reloads the page and changes it back. I'm not sure what to do as I am trying to set up my misses account to be able to play Minecraft realms with me and my friends but it won't let her.

:)

michael powell1, Feb 19, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Michael. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

It seems that you are using a child account. So what you will need to do first is to create a parent account on https://account.live.com, make sure it is a parent account and the birth date should be above 21 years old then login to the Microsoft account on Xbox.com to create a profile.

Once the parent profile has been created, please follow the steps on this link to add your child account with the parent, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12417/...

After doing the steps above, sign in to the parent account using this link, https://account.xbox.com/settings

Select your child account there so that we can modify the privacy settings of it then under the tab Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety.

Be sure the options You can create and join clubs and You can join multiplayer games are allowed.
  3. danielc081002 Win User

Can't change Privacy settings

It says

Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings
    when I try to change my privacy settings.
  4. StarKi113R13 Win User

Not able to change privacy settings. This is frustrating and stupid.

Hi nkTJH!

I'm sorry that your experiencing this problem. Sadly, Hassassinade is right. There isn't a way to change the birthdate on the child account once its created. If your having a problem trying to change the privacy and online safety settings on the Xbox One,
    try and go throught Xbox.com. When you sign into the parent account, you can go to "My Account" and access your privacy and online safety settings for both the parent and the child account. If that doesn't work then your best bet is to try and contact support
    to see if there is additional troubleshooting they can do.
  5. skys7 Win User

Hacking and Banning threats.

Change your privacy settings.

Change it to friends only specially for the online status.

He will not see when your online.
  6. Jasper Sneddon Win User

I can only hear my friends in xbox games (pc)

Thema:

1. Privacy and online sadly settings not changing when told - Similar Threads - Privacy online sadly

2. Online Safety and Privacy setting question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Online Safety and Privacy setting question: Hello I have original Xbox one, and there are settings that are called online safety and privacy, the default is adult profile which is more sociable, since I do not play any multiplayer games and...
  3. I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...: I am unable to add any friends at all on xbox x, pc, or cell phone app. I can't message or join parties either despite the proper settings. 4eebcb82-bf07-4041-ac93-0d2ad44f1391
  4. Why is Privacy & online safety settings not working?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Privacy & online safety settings not working?: I'm trying to make my account able to play online games. for example: online minecraft servers, but it is not loading in the settings to do that. What should i do?...
  5. Why isn't the Privacy online settings not working on the Xbox website?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn't the Privacy online settings not working on the Xbox website?: As of right now, I am using my Opera GX browser, and I'm trying to add my friends (who use a different console) and I am playing on switch, but for some reason, I need to enable adding friends...
  6. I've Already Enabled Multiplayer on my Xbox "Privacy & online safety" setting but I'm still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've Already Enabled Multiplayer on my Xbox "Privacy & online safety" setting but I'm still...: [img] [img] I'm playing on the latest Java edition (1.20.1) I've enabled everything in my Xbox "Privacy & online safety" but I'm still unable to use multiplayer in Minecraft....
  7. The Privacy & online safety page is not loading.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Privacy & online safety page is not loading.: Hallo, When I try to see the Privacy & online safety page form https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings/Home/ it is displaying me this error : "The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking...
  8. Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings?: Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings? 7a85dc6a-e4b7-4ec6-aa4f-552d021621fe
  9. Xbox privacy and online safety error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox privacy and online safety error: so im trying to play minecraft with my friend but everytime i try to change my account settings to activate multiplayer it says "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found" and i dont...
  10. xbox privacy and online safety settings are not available

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox privacy and online safety settings are not available: Good afternoon, the privacy settings option does not appear on the account.xbox.com page, I am not logged in. If I log in on the right side, it redirects to www.microsoft.com and an error message...