Primary Email address change

Discus and support Primary Email address change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello! I'm changing internet providers and closing my current primary email address and created a new Alias. I clicked on verify, received the email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jeff Burney, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Jeff Burney
    Jeff Burney Guest

Hello!

I'm changing internet providers and closing my current primary email address and created a new Alias. I clicked on verify, received the email at my new email address, and it still won't let me change it to my primary address. Please help. I've done whats requested multiple times and when I click verify, it takes me to my profile page? Just has my age, sex, etc. There is nothing to click or verify.

Thanks,

Jeff

:)

Jeff Burney, Jan 31, 2023
  2. ERoss99 Win User

Changing Primary Email addresses

Yeah, this is a real drag that you can't do this on Xbox One. I really don't want to rehook the 360 just to do this. I can't believe there isn't a way to do this on the web!
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Road,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have issue with deactivating an account. You can still use the email when you deactivate an account. The only thing you cant do is sign into anything Microsoft/Xbox. Also if it is a Microsoft email
    you cant delete it off the old account as it will then be deleted.

WarningWhen removing an email alias that’s a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can no longer be used to send or receive emails. It won’t
    be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft does not recycle email addresses, so it may not be reclaimed at a future time.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Anteater13 Win User

I guess essentially you want to change the email associated with your gamertag. Have you tried the steps in this link

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
    What steps have you tried?

I think the email change can only be done on the 360 right now, you can try it on the xbox one to see if they have similar menus

Basically:

1. Go here accounts.live.com and hit sign up and use your gmail

2. On your xbox sign in using your Xbox Live gamertag.

3. Go to settings and select Account.

4. Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security

5. Select Microsoft account

6. Select yes

7. Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag and select Sign in.

8. Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

9. Select Yes, change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live account.

10. Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.
  5. DR STEV3 BRULE Win User

go to home.live.com

log in with your current xbox account email(which should be windows live ID)

go to settings, then ''more mail settings''

click "Aliases: manage or choose a primary"

and add your gmail account

confirm it

and make it primary
  6. choppyseize Win User

Why cant i still not change my email address?

Hello

How are you trying to change the email address? You can only change the primary email address associated with the account. You will need to add the new one first as a secondary account. Then switch it to the primary one.
Thema:

1. Primary Email address change - Similar Threads - Primary Email address

2. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  3. What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?: I got my Xbox when I was pretty young so I had to use my parents email in order to have a Xbox and now I'm just tired of needing to log in on their email or have to contact them in order to get...
  4. Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.: A few weeks ago i changed my Primary email from my dads to my own and afterwards any microsoft apps on my laptop(Xbox App, Microsoft store, onedrive, Etc.) won't let me sign in, as soon as i put...
  5. if i change the primary atlas on my microsoft account will it affect the other email? And...

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i change the primary atlas on my microsoft account will it affect the other email? And...: I don't have any details to add. e1952aac-73e6-4162-9e11-392a84dbdc64
  6. my xboxlivefamily.com email address won't let me make another email address primary

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xboxlivefamily.com email address won't let me make another email address primary: Probably over a decade ago, Microsoft managed child accounts using a special email (@xboxlivefamily.com). I now am old enough and want to use my real email address for my xbox live account. I...
  7. How to change primary email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change primary email?: Okay, so Im trying to change my primary email to a different email but I can't add one because its already an existing one. When I go to my microsoft account on my computer it is linked with the...
  8. My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email

in XBoX Accessibility
    My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email: Recently on October 22th I got a notification from my email telling me the following: I think I have been hacked because the email that is has been changed to I do not recognize at all. I tried...
  9. Will I loose anything if I change my primary email on my Xbox account

in XboX Insiders
    Will I loose anything if I change my primary email on my Xbox account: I’ve had my Xbox for as long as I can remember and have been playing under my dad’s gmail account. Now that I’m older I would like to change the primary email of the account to my email and delete...
  10. Can i change the primary email address of an xbox account and then delete the email first...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i change the primary email address of an xbox account and then delete the email first...: So, My brothers account is set-up with my address My account is set up with my dads is it at all possible to change the email of each account to our own. they are icloud by the way. So can i...