Prices of xbox one games must be lowered. Way too expensive.

Discus and support Prices of xbox one games must be lowered. Way too expensive. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Please reduce the price of xbox one games. Many of us cannot afford it but would like to have the latest games. I've spent a huge amount of money... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WindedMink89500, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Prices of xbox one games must be lowered. Way too expensive.

Please reduce the price of xbox one games. Many of us cannot afford it but would like to have the latest games. I've spent a huge amount of money buying my xbox one but cannot enjoy it at all because I cannot afford any new games

:)

WindedMink89500, Apr 23, 2016
  2. Dud Bug
    Dud Bug Guest
    My Xbox One rescue package

If the price cannot be lowered (presumably because it looks too much like panic) then I have two other suggestions:

1. Build in a year's subscription to Xbox Live into the price.

2. Allow buyers to download one game for free from the store.

Both measures would help the XB1 to achieve parity in terms of real value with the PS4.

Dud Bug, Apr 23, 2016
  3. Honestly, this guy is spot on. Its too expensive.

the reason ps3 sales were bad were because of price. it's the same reason the wii-u is failing right now, too expensive. xbox one, like the ps3, is too expensive. if they threw in a game it might not have been so bad.

ThroughStraw296, Apr 23, 2016
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

The prices are set by the games developers/publishers.

The price of games hasn't really changed much in years,especially compaired to other things.

The price on physical copies of games drops quite quickly so if you can't afford games on release just wait a few weeks & you can pick them up much cheaper.

I'm a member of a rental service & rent the majority of single player games,saves me a fortune,so you could check something like that out.

Daft Badger, Apr 23, 2016
  5. PureNitrium
    PureNitrium Guest
    Like stated above, if you wait a little while after release, usually the price of a physical copy will drop and you can buy it for cheaper.

Although if you buy your games digitally, you'll probably still be paying a more expensive price than buying a physical copy.

PureNitrium, Apr 23, 2016
  6. Yep I'm talking about the digital copy. Should games be so expensive?

Is there a way of speaking to the developers/publishers? Id like to have a chart with them

7. Prices have changed alot. I've seen fallout 4 deluxe at R1600!!!!!

8. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Shop around. I buy digital codes for my games from various sites for cheap. Keep your eye out for weekly gold deals . There are so.e good prices sometimes.

brandiesel1, Apr 23, 2016
  9. Spiderdust8
    Spiderdust8 Guest
    Game developers ask us to take a giant leap of faith with buying their software and not really knowing if we'll enjoy it. I mean, in spite of all the Q&A and other research, there is no telling if I will actually enjoy the game. I think they're counting
    on the surplus revenue of the displeased customers. Customer service is out the door in this market because publishers think that even peeking at content invalidates any claim you can have for satisfaction. It's American cynicism. Merchants exploit your gullibility
    and then hide themselves from morality with the terms, "Buyer beware!". Like, "Ha ha, too bad for you! It's a dog-eat-dog world, what can I say?" But I"m rambling.... Prices of xbox one games must be lowered. Way too expensive. :)

And certainly with digital download the answer to the question, "Why can't I transfer my copy to someone else?" Is just a flat "No!" Even though it is technically possible and a digital license should be handled the same way as a physical copy. It just seems
    that where there is opportunity to let technology be the callous brick wall they go for it.

If the general public stops buying games at the regular retail price, opting to wait a year for the game to go down in price, then the publishers will either reduce content or set a higher starting price. But for single player games, this is the way to go.
    There is no prudence in buying a single-player at launch. For multiplayer games there is no reason to buy a game except at launch, because later on there will be too few other players left in the game to play with as the game ages. You can see how games like
    Destiny are trying to drive up interest, but the facts are there: There are too few players left. Multiplayer games -- with few exceptions, mainly in the PC realm -- are flashes in the pans. And forget about DLC, because most others won't buy it, so how much
    enjoyment can you have?

Spiderdust8, Apr 25, 2016
  10. GRAW2ROBZ
    GRAW2ROBZ Guest
    Well back with Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 and Nintendo NES games were $50. $50 for Sega Genesis and SNES as well. Believe the $60 price point started with XBOX 360 and PS3. With inflation and what not only a ten dollar jump from like 30 years ago. Yeah
    I know what ya mean by $60 then if you get season pass then it's like another $50 tacked on so it's $110.

GRAW2ROBZ, Apr 26, 2016
  11. Spiderdust8
    Spiderdust8 Guest
    How can anyone know what a game is worth? The price is a psychological gimmick. "What the market can bear", as some people will say. How can it be that in digital download market this is the equivalent of printing money because revenue is generated without
    reproduction cost?

Spiderdust8, Apr 26, 2016
  12. GRAW2ROBZ
    GRAW2ROBZ Guest
    I do miss the old arcade price point of $5. Now seems like average arcade games want $20 or $30. Also how come there's no $1 or $3 indie games? Seems like there were tons of them price points on 360. I suppose the starting price for indie games is like
    $10 or $20 now?

GRAW2ROBZ, Apr 27, 2016
  13. Spiderdust8
    Spiderdust8 Guest

Agreed. Pneuma: Breath of Life started at $20 and it looked like a glamorous production, but when you played it it was just a small, rudimentary game hiding in Unreal 4 engine graphics. I would have taken Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon over that any day.

Spiderdust8, May 2, 2016
  14. It's still surprising that games are sticking at $60. But I think with the inclusion of season passes and paid for DLC, they can do the $60 price tag for the base game. But there was a time I worried games would eventually jump to $70, then $80 and so on.

Dr Black Bones, May 5, 2016
  15. pungabot
    pungabot Guest
    I agree, I wish that retailers were able to discount digital copies the way they do with the physical copy. I think this comes down to Microsoft though. I think that because they host and distribute all of the digital content, they also set the pricing.

pungabot, May 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Prices of xbox one games must be lowered. Way too expensive. - Similar Threads - Prices games must

2. Why have I been charged full price for game pass ultimate, when the pane in Xbox OS...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why have I been charged full price for game pass ultimate, when the pane in Xbox OS...: I’ve been charged full price for Xbox game pass Ultimate, and I had clicked on an advertisement for $1. I’ll have to cancel this evening I guess. 37d1dac1-fa98-457e-ba62-d5833c7cae5a
  3. Why is Xbox charging full price for old Call of duty games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Xbox charging full price for old Call of duty games?: My friends and I were interested in jumping back into CoD WW2 over the fall break when I noticed that the game is still being sold for upwards of $60 online. Naturally we decided not to buy since...
  4. After xbox removing xbox live 1 year membership now they boost prices of the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After xbox removing xbox live 1 year membership now they boost prices of the games: After xbox decide to hide xbox live 1 year membership on the platform, now they pushing games prices higher. Xbox team confirm me that the 1 year is now only available on third party sellers...
  5. The price of this game. Your sales department has a setup error.(Minecraft Dungeons for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The price of this game. Your sales department has a setup error.(Minecraft Dungeons for...: Hello! The price of this game. Your sales department has a setup error. The content of the Standard + Upgrade pack is the same as that of the Ultimate Edition. But the price difference is five...
  6. So I was checking the price on a game and tapped A instead of B and accidentally purchased...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I was checking the price on a game and tapped A instead of B and accidentally purchased...: It's called mortal shell enhanced edition and I didn't mean purchase it but I can't get my money back because it was to late. 50bce006-4fb6-4150-9a95-72652f0a61dc
  7. I purchased a digital download at retail price and am now being told I have to have Game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased a digital download at retail price and am now being told I have to have Game...: Have been on the phone with support for over an hour and the only answer I get is that I have to subscribe to Game Pass 418ee683-7373-4ef7-a04f-84e791fd6553
  8. Having to pay full price for a game i already have again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having to pay full price for a game i already have again: I bought Call of Duty Modern Warfare II Cross-Gen Bundle but the Vault Edition still costs 110€ when it should cost 30€ or 40€. How can i upgrade without paying the full price of the game again? i...
  9. do you have a 12 month plan for xbox game pass ultimate plan and whats the price?

in XBoX Accessibility
    do you have a 12 month plan for xbox game pass ultimate plan and whats the price?: do you have a 12 month plan for xbox game pass ultimate plan and whats the price? 414da436-a16d-4c24-94be-35f0cae211f6
  10. Why PC Game Pass ask me to pay for the full price on my first month?

in XboX Insiders
    Why PC Game Pass ask me to pay for the full price on my first month?: First of all i wanna say thanks to Microsoft for bringing the PC Game Pass to another region on South East Asia, so i join the insider program to try it, but why it asked me to pay for the full...