Press A to start not working Xbox Series S

Discus and support Press A to start not working Xbox Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i just got a Xbox Series S and any game that says “Press A to start” doesn’t work i click A but it does nothing i’ve held the power button down for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by 1nkiyo, Mar 7, 2023.

1. 1nkiyo
    1nkiyo Guest

So i just got a Xbox Series S and any game that says “Press A to start” doesn’t work i click A but it does nothing i’ve held the power button down for 10 seconds n unplugged it completely and nothing has worked please help

:)

1nkiyo, Mar 7, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Thank you for the additional information. Since it’s a 3rd party controller, it may not be fully compatible to be used on Xbox games. If it works on other games and not on those two games, that must be a compatibility issue. I suggest to check for your controller firmware update or re-configure it. You may refer to its manufacturer manual.
  3. 1nkiyo Win User

It’s only done it wit apex n modern warfare, my controller is fusion pro 2 so it’s usb only
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi 1nkiyo!

Does the issue happen to any games you try to play?

Try to connect your controller using a USB cable if pressing the A button works.
  5. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Xbox series S only home button working on controller

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

Try this procedure, hope it helps: Plug the power cord back into your Xbox Series X|S; Turn on the control; Press and hold the sync button on your Xbox Series X|S; Press the sync button on the controller until the time it starts flashing rapidly, then release it.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  6. Fallen4576 Win User

forza horizon 4 not starting on series s

Every time I start up forward horizon 4, it just won't let me press A to start the game and then It says controller disconnected on my Xbox series s, what can I do to fix it?
Thema:

1. Press A to start not working Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Press start working

2. How to fix Xbox games getting stuck on “press A to start” screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix Xbox games getting stuck on “press A to start” screen?: We have an XBox One and our games won’t go past the “ Press A to Start” screen. This is happening on ALL games, not just one. I have tried to restart by holding down the power button for 10...
  3. Cannot start MSFS, crashes right after “press any button”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot start MSFS, crashes right after “press any button”: I’ve re-installed the game, I’ve reset the Xbox, I change screen settings to 1080p. I don’t know what else to do. af6b57a9-0679-4870-8973-fc62bf4b5d29
  4. My Xbox store app was downloading and I pressed cancel installation and now it won’t start....

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox store app was downloading and I pressed cancel installation and now it won’t start....: My store was doing the glitch where it re downloads every time you open it. I cancelled the down load and now it won’t open 0e9f022a-8891-4a0f-8fdc-78bc4109b884
  5. Starfield wont start, everytime I press Start there is an error code 0x80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield wont start, everytime I press Start there is an error code 0x80070490: Yesterday it worked normal i played like 3 hours. Today I startet and it didn´t work anymore. First it wrote something like I should download the app installer and I tryed that but it didn´t work...
  6. I can't get past the press any button to start screen on hollow knight PC edition from PC...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get past the press any button to start screen on hollow knight PC edition from PC...: I have pressed all buttons no my keyboard and nothings happend. 35315754-65ef-44b7-bbb2-cf47cbf236b1
  7. Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button.: Xbox One won’t start it only makes the start up noise and doesn’t light up. Power brick is constantly red light and I have just gotten a replacement and it is also red light. I’ve switched rooms...
  8. MSFS stuck on " Press any button to start" on xlcoud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS stuck on " Press any button to start" on xlcoud: I have been looking around and I couldn't find any solution. I tried signing out and starting the game on Xcloud again but to no avail. Please help! 686790dd-b90d-4636-99fb-7709a10f8991
  9. Purchased xbox x controller to use on PC xbox app press start to play does nothing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased xbox x controller to use on PC xbox app press start to play does nothing: I recently purchased an xbox x controller by ApowerA because it had a usb connection. I figured it was plug and play. It works fine with some of my emulators as i could map the controller to any...
  10. Press "A" to start - sometimes doesn't work until restarting Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Press "A" to start - sometimes doesn't work until restarting Xbox: I was just curious if anyone else has run into this. I'm on Xbox Series X and alpha skip ahead. I'm not exactly sure what leads to this state, but every once in a while when I start up a game...