'press A button' to start - nothing happens

Discus and support 'press A button' to start - nothing happens in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi in last month I started to notice some very annoying bug. When I open a game and the game ask for 'press button A' to start, I press it and nothing... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/khyaniv, May 19, 2021.

1. /u/khyaniv
    /u/khyaniv Guest

Hi in last month I started to notice some very annoying bug. When I open a game and the game ask for 'press button A' to start, I press it and nothing happens. The controller works fine, its just the game not receiving any input. Restart game not working, only restart console fix this. It happened multiple times on fortnite, call of duty and others.

Btw, I am on alpha skip ahead ring, xbox series x.

Are anyonr fimiliar with the issue?

submitted by /u/khyaniv
    [link] [comments]

/u/khyaniv, May 19, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

Press sign in and nothing happens?

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

These steps can help you, give it a try.

Check for updates on Windows Update, update everything including optional/additional updates.

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app

2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app in the Windows menu, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset. Do this for the game too.

3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.

4. Open the Microsoft Store app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner>downloads updates>get updates and update everything.

5. Press the Windows Button then type Services.

Right-click over the Services App from the list of results.

Then select Run as Administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper

Xbox Live Auth Manager,

Xbox Live Game Save,

Xbox Live Networking Service,

Gaming Services.

Do this with each of the services listed above.

Right-click over the service and select Properties.

Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic.

If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services.

Click Apply and OK to save changes.

6. Restart your PC, log in to both apps and see if that solves the problem.
  3. DefeatThaPurpos Win User

Console won't search for potential wireless controllers

Still no success. I press the connect button on the controllers and they search, but still when I press the connect button on the console nothing happens. I press it, press and hold, repeatedly tap it and nothing happens. The lights don't light up or
    spin or anything to indicate that it is searching for controllers
  4. Dazzleau Win User

Xbox controllers wont connect😢

Ok. So I press the power button. The console make noise as if its starting up as usual. Nothing happens for about 30seconds. The the unit powers down. Thats it.
  5. Kloner22 Win User

The Amazing Spiderman 2 won't load after I press start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg4UlsSxXLo

Here is what's happening. I press start, the option to press start goes away, and nothing happens.
  6. NorbertSchwaighofer Win User

the outer worlds

Thx for reply,

i have powered off the pc completly and powered on again.

Same failure - after starting xbox (beta) i see the 2 installed games. when i try to press the green start button for the outer world nothing happens - really nothing (no error, no warning, even in windows-loggings nothing is shown)
Thema:

1. 'press A button' to start - nothing happens - Similar Threads - 'press button' start

2. Cannot start MSFS, crashes right after “press any button”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot start MSFS, crashes right after “press any button”: I’ve re-installed the game, I’ve reset the Xbox, I change screen settings to 1080p. I don’t know what else to do. af6b57a9-0679-4870-8973-fc62bf4b5d29
  3. I can't get past the press any button to start screen on hollow knight PC edition from PC...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get past the press any button to start screen on hollow knight PC edition from PC...: I have pressed all buttons no my keyboard and nothings happend. 35315754-65ef-44b7-bbb2-cf47cbf236b1
  4. Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button.: Xbox One won’t start it only makes the start up noise and doesn’t light up. Power brick is constantly red light and I have just gotten a replacement and it is also red light. I’ve switched rooms...
  5. MSFS stuck on " Press any button to start" on xlcoud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS stuck on " Press any button to start" on xlcoud: I have been looking around and I couldn't find any solution. I tried signing out and starting the game on Xcloud again but to no avail. Please help! 686790dd-b90d-4636-99fb-7709a10f8991
  6. Is this a button i have to press like the start button to quick resume?

in XboX Insiders
    Is this a button i have to press like the start button to quick resume?: When i press the controler center button in the menu has to options, quick resume and boost fps, how i activate this last one? submitted by /u/coffieeXD [link] [comments]
  7. The game doesnt start when i press any button (i am on pc)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game doesnt start when i press any button (i am on pc): i downloaded my friend pedro and everytime i open it i get stuck at the "Press any button to start" screen i pressed every single button on my keyboard on mouse but it still didnt work i...
  8. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Can't press start game button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Can't press start game button: Can't press start game button. drivers, graphics card, w10 up to date [img] 44f1cd82-82ad-416c-9b99-a86a748a886b
  9. Call of duty cold war, press At start button not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty cold war, press At start button not working: I got call of duty black cold war on disk, ive played it a couple of times and now press A to start comes up I press aA nothing happens, it looks like its happening to loads of others peoples...
  10. Can't pass "press any button to start" screen - Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't pass "press any button to start" screen - Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020: I played few days flawlessly. Now this started to happen. When I press a button it changes for few seconds and then returns to "press any button to start" screen. How can I solve this? Can I...