Preorder a game on Xbox store, got an email saying the payment failed months later, what gives?

Discus and support Preorder a game on Xbox store, got an email saying the payment failed months later, what gives? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I pre-ordered Hogwarts Legacy AND Elder scrolls online's new dlc Necrom, the Necrom Preorder seems to have gone through, but the Hogwarts Legacy... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kage Mitarashi, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Preorder a game on Xbox store, got an email saying the payment failed months later, what gives?

I pre-ordered Hogwarts Legacy AND Elder scrolls online's new dlc Necrom, the Necrom Preorder seems to have gone through, but the Hogwarts Legacy payment seems to have failed according to my Microsoft account.

However I checked my bank statement and I was charged for both games already according to my bank, however only Necrom seems to have been purchased according to my Microsoft account, but according to my bank I bought both games, so, what gives? Do I own Hogwarts Legacy? Or not? Am I going to have to pay for the game a second time?

My bank statement says the money for the games was taken back in February when I pre-ordered them both. I understand that usually they don't charge the Preorder till 10 days before the release or whatever (Necroms pre-order went through immediately apparently) but if Hogwarts Legacy didn't go through I should have that money in my account still but I don't, so either I just got 60$ stolen from me by Microsoft and they're trying to double charge me or their pre-order system is messed up.

:)

Kage Mitarashi, Apr 29, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Preorder a game on Xbox store, got an email saying the payment failed months later, what gives?

Hi Kage!

Please confirm on your account order history on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders the status of your pre-order. I am not sure what happened but it's possible that it was your bank who initiated the refund. Generally, it could take 3 to 5 business days before it gets returned to your bank or could be longer than that depending on their policy.
  3. Alexandre Perreault Win User

payment issue I've never had before

Same issue for me. I've always used the same credit card for all my purchases on Xbox and never had a problem before. But for some reason, my preorder payment for Starfield didn't go through. My credit card is not expired and the balance is totally fine. Just to be sure, I purchased something online just after I got the failed payment email from Microsoft and it worked just fine...
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Recently I preordered EA FC24 and Payday 3 but they got declined and I still haven't got my money back.

Come on Microsoft
    If it says it got declined then that means they failed to charge you and couldn't take the money for the game preorders.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Avenger Beta

I preordered the game on Xbox months ago but i dont have the beta it said i would get emailed the code but i still haven't. Im just not sure what to do to get the beta
    I would keep an eye on your email as I've just got my Beta code in my email today.
  6. issaswift Win User

Modern Warfare 2 Remastered

As I stated, it says the order failed even though I was charged and was able to immediately download MW2 Remastered. It wasn’t until some days or maybe even weeks later that I received the m4, 1911, and udt ghost skin included in the bundle to use for
    mw remastered. Now, after a month of waiting, it says my purchase was refunded or my payment info needs updating. I go to buy the bundle again because I already waited a month, and it says “Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might
    help.” even though I’ve already done this multiple times, but not until after I power cycled it. So basically; preorder game, preinstall game but you can wait on the dlc for the other game, wait a month to finally play preordered game that was already installed
    and updated, release day comes and you no longer own preordered game, but continue using the dlc included with the preorder. Uninstalled to see if that would fix the issue, but now it says I don’t own it. But you can’t buy it again either. I’ve also spoke
    to two different agents and the first seemed like she couldn’t hear me and the second said it was outside of his department and transferred me, waited like 15 or 20 minutes even though the music stopped at 8 minutes. So no help from support.
Thema:

1. Preorder a game on Xbox store, got an email saying the payment failed months later, what gives? - Similar Threads - Preorder game store

2. I preordered game months before release...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I preordered game months before release...: I preordered game months before release I've been playing game since release an I took Xbox over to my sister's house an said I needed to purchase again an is still saying that.., the transaction...
  3. why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3 but still saying to preorder the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3 but still saying to preorder the game: why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3. it is still saying to preorder the game. everything says locked. i bought the vault edition. its also past the release date so when am i...
  4. I preordered MW3, but now it tells me that i need to pre order like if i dident. Game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I preordered MW3, but now it tells me that i need to pre order like if i dident. Game...: I preordered MW3, but now it tells me that i need to pre order like if i dident. Game launches tomorrow! Please help! 1c6ce6a8-ea69-4964-b032-e184aafbb5ba
  5. Refund a preorder game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund a preorder game: Is it possible to refund a game that is currently early access for people who have preordered? I'd like to refund Forza Motorsport as this game plays horribly and is not something I will continue...
  6. i preordered a game but it was declined a few days age and i was still charged the day I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i preordered a game but it was declined a few days age and i was still charged the day I...: So a few months I preordered a game, I bought it and it was all done, money gone from my account. A few days ago I got a notis that the payment was denied and now that the game is released I can’t...
  7. If I preorder a game and gift it after it releases, will the recipient receive the preorder...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I preorder a game and gift it after it releases, will the recipient receive the preorder...: Just like the title says, and I'm only considering the Microsoft store because I want the rewards points from buying the game 201930f7-6997-4f63-aa32-e094d2b0b14c
  8. Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the...: Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the store doesn't accept Microsoft points. Is there something wrong or do I have to wait until the game...
  9. Hello, My Xbox account have India as the country. Can I buy/preorder games from the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, My Xbox account have India as the country. Can I buy/preorder games from the...: Hello, My Xbox account have India as the country. Can I buy/preorder games from the Microsoft/Xbox US store and play it on my console? 9532b63e-e156-4b77-8d1c-e14a6806ee25
  10. I need help to escalate canceling a microsoft store physical xbox game preorder ASAP...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I need help to escalate canceling a microsoft store physical xbox game preorder ASAP...: I can already escalated my problem with claim #[Mod Removed-Personal Information] but I have received no response. I am just simply trying to cancel my entire MIcrosoft store order #[Mod...