Pre-installed Game Pass games re-download on release

Discus and support Pre-installed Game Pass games re-download on release in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an issue on PC Game Pass for when I pre-install a game before release, it re-downloads the whole game again on release. This happened the last 3... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jelly-Bot, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Jelly-Bot
    Jelly-Bot Guest

I have an issue on PC Game Pass for when I pre-install a game before release, it re-downloads the whole game again on release. This happened the last 3 - 4 pre-installed games I have done.

The last game I pre-installed "a plague tale requiem" I ran the game within the first hour it released. It first installed it's self from the pre-downloaded files and then I played it after about 30 minutes of installing. It got late so I turned it off. Then the next day it shows there is an update. It kicks it's self off and won't allow me to play to the game until I download the whole game all over again.

I took time off work to play this game and with not great internet speeds, this is a real bother and a waste of time and resources.

I notice under editions that it shows a pre-order version and the standard version. Wondering if with Games Pass having these 2 editions is the root of the problem? If so why haven't they tried to sort this issue out? This been an issue as far back as Psychonauts 2.

Pre-installed Game Pass games re-download on release [​IMG]

I tried calling Microsoft Support who tell me not to pre-install games. Does anyone else have any better ideas?

:)

Jelly-Bot, Oct 18, 2022
  2. Jelly-Bot Win User

So I have downloaded Persona 5 with the release date been tomorrow. I'm expecting it to re-download the whole game again. Will update on release

[​IMG]
  3. Jelly-Bot Win User

That might be true but not the entire game. Otherwise I would see these kind of sizes every update. If the pre-install feature is going to do this every time then why waste the time and resources?
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

There is usually a day one patch. It has been the size of the game in the past. Or if the process was interrupted or corrupted you could get hit with another download
  5. Jelly-Bot Win User

There is no error code. Just offers an update but downloads the entire game all over again.

That error code looks like a corrupted install. Just go into the game options. Under Files tab, click "verify and reapir".
  6. Ahmed Hnewa Win User

Does the game run? Because I get error message when I try to launch it: Error code: (0x80070570)
Thema:

1. Pre-installed Game Pass games re-download on release - Similar Threads - Pre installed Game

2. I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...: Can any one help with this or am I gonna have to contact support for help I'm completely in the dark over here 6ce66d84-3105-450c-b846-2f0e3073a095
  3. Xbox pre made GamerPic suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox pre made GamerPic suggestions: Should add a American flag heart to the pre made GamerPic (avatar) inventory. submitted by /u/TemporaryFair5372 [link] [comments]
  4. DOOM!!! Let's make it coop/deathmatch already:) "Eternal" pre/post

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    DOOM!!! Let's make it coop/deathmatch already:) "Eternal" pre/post: I'm pretty sure, that we all can agree on cooperation in Eternal would ROCK!!! That's all I had to say about that......;) a6dee12d-039e-4a49-93e9-8029f9bd9c4a
  5. Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Cities: Skylines II

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Cities: Skylines II: Hey, I've this issue for a few days now and got to no real solution. I have tried many of the web's available possible solution, but not one of them was helping. All of the information I have...
  6. Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Forza Motorsport

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x80070005 while trying to pre-install Forza Motorsport: Hey, I've this issue since 3 days now and got to no real solution. I have tried many of the web's available possible solution, but not one of them was helping. All of the information I have...
  7. Hi Pre- order for EA FC 24 is complete , however install button not available

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi Pre- order for EA FC 24 is complete , however install button not available: I pre-ordered EA FC24 ultimate edition, the game allows for early access from 22 Sept 2023 , however on my side I don’t have the install functionality, the pre-order status is showing as complete...
  8. I can't pre-install Starfield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't pre-install Starfield: I wanted to pre-install for Starfield, which cannot be passed through Xbox, but I get an article with error code 0x80070490, what should I do, the problem could not be solved, please help...
  9. Not pre installing starfield error 0x800706ba

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not pre installing starfield error 0x800706ba: I've been trying over and over to try and pre install starfield for days now. In the Xbox app at the bottom it says Installing Gaming Services failed with error 0x800706bss. On the left it says...
  10. pre order game won't install like normal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    pre order game won't install like normal: I have just purchased the preorder for Assassin's Creed Mirage, normally the game will install and sit in the list marked as pre order until release day. However this game is saying "Base Game |...