Power Surge When I Connect My XBOX ONE Controller

Discus and support Power Surge When I Connect My XBOX ONE Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know if this error is only happening on my computer but everytime i try to connect my Xbox One Controller on my pc this error always show up.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jatoz0rd, Dec 9, 2022.

1. jatoz0rd
    jatoz0rd Guest

I don't know if this error is only happening on my computer but everytime i try to connect my Xbox One Controller on my pc this error always show up.
    Power Surge When I Connect My XBOX ONE Controller [​IMG]

I'm using Windows 11 btw

:)

jatoz0rd, Dec 9, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Jatoz0rd, this could be because your PC's USB port or your USB cable is shorted, so your device is not getting the necessary power it needs.

If you have another USB cable, test it and it would also be ideal to connect it to another USB port on your PC.

PT

Olá Jatoz0rd, isso pode estar acontecendo porque a porta USB do seu PC ou o seu cabo USB estão em curto, com isso o seu dispositivo não está recebendo a energia necessária que ele precisa.

Caso tenha outro cabo USB faça um teste com ele e também seria ideal conectá-lo em outra porta USB do seu PC.
  3. MistyHusk Win User

My Xbox One will not turn on

I believe that I am using the Xbox One S. There haven’t been any recent power outages or surges of my knowledge, and the console is connected to a surge protector.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Constant system issues, apps crashing, games not loading, HHD not being detected, etc etc

Hi,

How do you have your console connected to the power? is it plugged directly into the mains or via a power strip? Is there a surge protector present in your setup? If you are using a surge protector, stop using it. The console already has a surge protector
    built into the power brick.

One thing is certain, it's not your internet connection. Intermittent or slow connections will have zero affect when playing single player games on the Xbox one.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox one starts on its own

Is your Xbox connected to a surge protector or a power strip? If so, that is usually the most common reason for the console randomly turning on. Connect the Xbox power directly to the wall outlet.

The Xbox One has its own surge protection built into the power supply, and connecting it behind another power strip or surge protector can cause electrical "hiccups" that cause it to start on its own.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Surge protector or no with the Xbox One S?

Hi

The Xbox One S has a built in surge protector so you do need an separate one.

support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on

"Note Because the console has a built-in surge protector, you should not connect it to an external surge protector. If you connect the console to another surge protector, the console cannot reach the full power that is needed for optimal performance."
Thema:

1. Power Surge When I Connect My XBOX ONE Controller - Similar Threads - Power Surge Connect

2. Xbox series s won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't power on: All my light does is flash n goes off c0832ebb-b595-4858-ab40-d6cc803d6d35
  3. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  4. I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?: I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia? f53a93af-10df-4bd5-8501-d790bb6f67f9
  5. Xbox powered by usb

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox powered by usb: So basically i need to power my xbox by usb because i dont have a plug socket to plug in the 3 pin but i do have a usb port Links apricated a50898b0-6ef7-42dd-ad3b-477546ea497c
  6. Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds: Hello, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone is having a similar issue? Or if anyone knows what can be done to alleviate this problem. I have an Xbox One X that I use for beta updates, and...
  7. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  8. Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...: Yes I dropped my Xbox One off the shelf and now at power zone for 10 seconds shows a Xbox One logo and power is off so there's no trouble shooting can be done any ideas Would be greatly...
  9. Does power surge count as physical damage to console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does power surge count as physical damage to console: Was installing a game until my made a popping sound and turned off, it will not turn on at all 391957ee-e124-45b0-a2c0-bdf8632a4e94
  10. Could my Xbox be damaged from a power surge?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Could my Xbox be damaged from a power surge?: So a few months ago my xbox one s stopped working, it turns on but it wont connect to any displays. Ive already ruled out that its not a hdmi port issue, and ive tried all of the methods for...