Power supply adaptor??

Discus and support Power supply adaptor?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, Just got my Xbox One from US. unfortunately made a big mistake, did not check the power rating - was too excited and connect the power cable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CryingCoyote16, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Power supply adaptor??

Hello,

Just got my Xbox One from US.

unfortunately made a big mistake, did not check the power rating - was too excited and connect the power cable for US ( 110V ) to Qatar power grid (220 V ),

As a result power adaptor is gone completely, Good news that I did not connected the console itself))

I can not buy officially Xbox One in Qatar yet, so no tech support here.

Now I am trying to be more careful((

Here is the questions?

1, Is Xbox 360 power cable is suitable with Xbox One?

2. If not can I fit the Xbox power cable from UK or Europe to my console?

3. where I can buy power cable in UK and what is the price?

regards,

:)

CryingCoyote16, Jan 1, 2014
  2. kevin
    kevin Guest
    Xbox 360 Three Flashing lights problem - Solutions

If your Original Xbox 360 console or power supply experiences any hardware failure, three of the four lights surrounding your power button might flash red.

To determine the problem, turn on the console and check out the light on the power supply.

***If you see the green light on the power supply, you console needs to be repaired.

***If the light on your power supply is red, orange or there is no light, follow the steps bellow:

Step 1

You need to check your power supply cable.

Here is how:

• First, you need to unplug the cords from the back of your console, the power supply, and the wall outlet.
    • Now plug the power cords firmly back into your console, the power supply, and the wall outlet.
    • You have to plug your console directly into a wall outlet. Never use a surge protector or an extension cord.
    • Finally, press the power button on your console.
    If the lights still flash red, follow the next step.

Step 2

Use a different wall outlet

The wall outlet you are using might be problematic. To check this, you can try a wall outlet in another room.

Here is how:

• First you need to unplug the power supply from the console and wall outlet.
    • Then take your console and power supply to another room.
    • Now reconnect the power supply cable to your console and the wall outlet.
    • You must ensure that all of the power supply connections are firmly secured.
    • Finally, press the power button to check out
    If your console turns on and the light on your power supply is green, the problem is solved. So, there is a problem at the previous outlet. Never plug your console back into that outlet until it is inspected and fixed.

But if the problem still exists, follow the next step.

Step 3

The power supply might have overheated. It should be cooled down.

Here is how:

• First, you need to unplug the power supply from the console and the wall outlet.
    • You have to wait at least 30 minutes to let the power supply cool.

Note: The power supply should be in a well-ventilated space, and the ventilation openings on the power supply should not be covered.
    • After cooling it down, reconnect the power supply to your console and plug it back into the wall outlet.
    • You must ensure all of the connections are firmly secured.
    • Finally, press the power button.
    If the three lights still flash red, follow the next step.

Step 4

You should replace the power supply. You can order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from Xbox Online Service Center. Your console must be registered to replace a power supply under warranty.

kevin, Jan 1, 2014
  3. TheMartinG
    TheMartinG Guest
    Why does my Power Brick stay on?

yea its because the xbox is never truly off.

On a pc, you have the system power button and the power supply power button. You can turn the computer off and on with the power button, but the system is still juiced unless you turn off the switch in the back, with the power supply button

Same goes for the xbox except the power supply (brick) doesnt have a button

TheMartinG, Jan 1, 2014
  4. norti raskal
    norti raskal Guest

Power supply adaptor??

1) NO! most definitely not

2) yes - although they are almost impossible to find

3) see 2). If it is a genuine ad, I have only seen one on alibaba. all of the ones on ebay and amazon are copies and not recommended

norti raskal, Jan 11, 2014
  5. answering ur queries

1) No

2) Yes

3) 2 options-->provided you have a UK address...

1) either send it back to them and get replacement for free

2) In service.xbox.com, you can order the Uk powerbrick to any uk address for 30 pounds

Deepak J Nair, Jan 13, 2014
  6. Patriot xP
    Patriot xP Guest
    there's an adapter in amazon that converts old power supply (xbox 360) to use it for xbox one.

Patriot xP, Jan 23, 2014
  7. did you manage to succeed?

Deepak J Nair, Oct 31, 2018
  8. norti raskal Win User

Power supply adaptor??

1) NO! most definitely not

2) yes - although they are almost impossible to find

3) see 2). If it is a genuine ad, I have only seen one on alibaba. all of the ones on ebay and amazon are copies and not recommended
  9. Deepak J Nair Win User

Power supply adaptor??

did you manage to succeed?
  10. Patriot xP Win User

Power supply adaptor??

there's an adapter in amazon that converts old power supply (xbox 360) to use it for xbox one.
  11. Deepak J Nair Win User

Power supply adaptor??

answering ur queries

1) No

2) Yes

3) 2 options-->provided you have a UK address...

1) either send it back to them and get replacement for free

2) In service.xbox.com, you can order the Uk powerbrick to any uk address for 30 pounds
  12. satish8680 Win User

Xbox not powering on and no display on TV through HDMI

I plugged only the external power adaptor brick to wall power supply. The light on adaptor was Amber. Then I plugged in the output of adaptor brick to console. Then the adaptor light turned White for a while, then it was switching between amber and white for few seconds and became Amber permanently. Now, I switched on console, the adaptor light turned white, the console indicator light was also white. After 3 to 4 seconds, console switched off and adaptor light turns Amber. My TV won’t even detect the presence of Xbox hdmi input. I changed hdmi cable, tried different hdmi ports, plugged at different wall power supplies, tried multiple power cycle reset, everything that is written in supports and blogs.

Note: sometimes randomly, the console remains ON white for about 20 seconds but without display. After I disconnect power supply on power adaptor remains Amber for more than 90 seconds
Thema:

Power supply adaptor??

1. Power supply adaptor?? - Similar Threads - Power supply adaptor

2. Xbox 360 Elite power supply light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite power supply light: I have a Xbox 360 Elite and the power supply light is orange when I am using the console. Is this normal? Thanks ec522ef2-d4f1-4329-809d-b632280e2257
  3. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  4. Power Supply Replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Replacement: Hello everyone so recently my Xbox One S has stopped working with a Power Supply Problem I opened my Xbox and confirmed to issue it needs a Replacement Power Adapter the one internally in the xbox...
  5. Is my xbox power supply broken???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my xbox power supply broken???: Recently my power supply was white when only plugged into the power socket, but when sometimes plugged into xbox one it turned to orange. Is the power supply the problem or the xbox???...
  6. X box series x power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series x power supply issue: Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply issue. It’s been a roller coaster to say the...
  7. Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?: Hi! Two quick doubts: Regarding removing my Xbox Series X from power supply source. Here in Brazil, on summer, we have strong thunders storms, and even that my console is pluged in a power line...
  8. Power Supply question

in XBoX on Windows
    Power Supply question: Hi, I have Original Xbox one, I have it set to energy saving, so its suppose to completely shut down after I turn the console off, which I believe it does, however the light on power supply...
  9. Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off: Hello, My series X was repaired for the 3rd straight time and I just got it back. Now it’s playable, But every time I shut the console off, it will not turn on, main power button won’t do...
  10. Broken Xbox 1 Power Supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken Xbox 1 Power Supply?: I have an Xbox One Forza Edition, I'm having an issue, I have the original power supply but it's got a steady orange light but when I plug it in, it goes away and a few seconds later goes back to...