Power Supply Adapter Cable for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor

Discus and support Power Supply Adapter Cable for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Where can I find a Power Supply Adapter Cable for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor? 351c8f5c-e0dd-487e-bedb-7eb002be98e3 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PrecastSphinx75, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Power Supply Adapter Cable for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor

Where can I find a Power Supply Adapter Cable for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor?

:)

PrecastSphinx75, Dec 8, 2018
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Kinect startup breaks with "This sensor is not supported on Xbox360" message.

Hi, do you have the Kinect cable in the port on the rear of the Xbox that is dedicated for the Kinect, if the sensor came with a USB power cable you won't be needing that for the 360 E as the dedicated port also supplies the power for the Kinect.
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

Extending Xbox One Kinect Sensor Over USB

Hi handbanana

Please see the guides below:

Connect your Kinect sensor to your Xbox One S or original Xbox One console

Xbox One S console

To connect your Xbox One Kinect Sensor to a new Xbox One S console, you must use an Xbox Kinect Adapter. For more information, see How to use an Xbox
    One Kinect Sensor with an Xbox One S console

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

Original Xbox One console

To connect your Kinect sensor to an original Xbox One console, simply plug the Kinect sensor cable into the back of the Xbox One console, as shown in the following illustration.

Note The cable for the Kinect sensor is 3 meters (9 feet) long. This is currently the longest cable available, so make sure that your Xbox One and your Kinect sensor are close enough to allow the sensor to be plugged in.

Using an Xbox One Kinect Sensor with an Xbox One S or Xbox One X console

On this page

Topics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kinect Adapter availability

[​IMG]

How to set up the Kinect Adapter with an Xbox One S or Xbox One X console

[​IMG]

Troubleshooting the Kinect Adapter

To use your existing Xbox One Kinect Sensor with a new Xbox One S or Xbox One X console, you'll need an Xbox Kinect Adapter. This adapter lets you connect your Kinect sensor to the Xbox One S or Xbox One X console.

Note The Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor is not compatible with Xbox One.

Kinect Adapter availability

The Kinect sensor and Kinect Adapter ceased manufacturing in November 2017. Microsoft no longer carries inventory of the Kinect Adapter. Customers can check other retail stores for adapter availability. An offer for people with a Kinect sensor upgrading
    from Xbox One ended in March 2017.

How to set up the Kinect Adapter with an Xbox One S or Xbox One X console
    Step 1: Set up the adapter
    1. Plug the wall plug into the power supply.
    2. Insert the round connector of the power supply into the Kinect hub.
    3. Insert the Kinect sensor cable into the Kinect hub.
    4. Insert the included USB cable into the Kinect hub. You're now ready to connect the adapter to your console.
    Step 2: Connect the adapter to the Xbox One S or Xbox One X console
    1. Insert the USB 3.0 cable into the left USB port labeled "Kinect" on the back of the console. Your Kinect sensor is now ready to be set up on your console.
    2. For best results, make sure your sensor and adapter are not sitting directly on top of your console.
    3. On your console, open the guide and select System > Settings > Kinect & devices.
    4. Select Kinect and follow the instructions to set up your sensor.

Troubleshooting the Kinect Adapter

There can be several causes if your Kinect sensor is not responsive or is turned off when you try to use the Kinect Adapter. Try these solutions to fix the issue:

• Make sure the Kinect sensor is turned on in the console settings. Go to System > Settings > Kinect & devices > Kinect.
    • Power cycle your console. Sometimes the connection between the sensor and the console needs to be reset. To do this, hold down the power button for 5 seconds until the console shuts down. Disconnect the power supply from the console and wait 1 minute before
      reconnecting and restarting the console.
    • Check the connections of the sensor and adapter to make sure each connector is firmly attached.
    • Make sure that the Kinect sensor and adapter are not placed directly on top of the console.
    • The adapter must be powered to pass Kinect information to the console. Check the power supply of the adapter and make sure that the LED is lit. If you still have power issues after checking the power supply, reset the Kinect Adapter power supply by unplugging
      it for 10 seconds and plugging it back in.
      • If the adapter power supply light is not lit, there's no power getting to the power supply. Try another outlet or replace your adapter, if trying another outlet doesn't work.
      • If the power supply light is orange, this means that the adapter is in standby mode and is waiting for the console to respond. Power cycle your console again.
      • If the power supply light is white, this means there is power, and the sensor is active. Power cycling your console should also fix an unresponsive sensor that has power.
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry but the adapter is no longer being manufactured. If you want one you'll need to check your local gaming stores for a used one or online retailers such as Ebay or Amazon
  5. Photonimus Win User

Is the upgrade from the Elite to the Slim Worth it?

The Kinect ready feature is referring to how it plugs directly into the slim, while older model 360s can't supply power so you need an extra power plug for the Kinect sensor.
  6. OCRyzen Win User

Xbox live vision camera no longer supported after new update?

Thema:

1. Power Supply Adapter Cable for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor - Similar Threads - Power Supply Adapter

2. Xbox 360 Elite power supply light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite power supply light: I have a Xbox 360 Elite and the power supply light is orange when I am using the console. Is this normal? Thanks ec522ef2-d4f1-4329-809d-b632280e2257
  3. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  4. Power Supply Replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Replacement: Hello everyone so recently my Xbox One S has stopped working with a Power Supply Problem I opened my Xbox and confirmed to issue it needs a Replacement Power Adapter the one internally in the xbox...
  5. Is my xbox power supply broken???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my xbox power supply broken???: Recently my power supply was white when only plugged into the power socket, but when sometimes plugged into xbox one it turned to orange. Is the power supply the problem or the xbox???...
  6. X box series x power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series x power supply issue: Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply issue. It’s been a roller coaster to say the...
  7. Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?: Hi! Two quick doubts: Regarding removing my Xbox Series X from power supply source. Here in Brazil, on summer, we have strong thunders storms, and even that my console is pluged in a power line...
  8. Power Supply question

in XBoX on Windows
    Power Supply question: Hi, I have Original Xbox one, I have it set to energy saving, so its suppose to completely shut down after I turn the console off, which I believe it does, however the light on power supply...
  9. Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off: Hello, My series X was repaired for the 3rd straight time and I just got it back. Now it’s playable, But every time I shut the console off, it will not turn on, main power button won’t do...
  10. Where to get a power brick/adapter and power supply cable for Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to get a power brick/adapter and power supply cable for Xbox Series X?: I lost my power brick and power cable for my series X. Looked online but it seems like nobody sells them separately from the console. All I found was some third party companies’ adapters which I’m...