Power recycling and Offline System Update only completes step 1 & 2

Discus and support Power recycling and Offline System Update only completes step 1 & 2 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I power recycle reset and did an Offline System Update with OSU1 file on a USB flash drive. It completes step 1 (downloading) and step 2 (verifying).... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jude Ponteras, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Power recycling and Offline System Update only completes step 1 & 2

I power recycle reset and did an Offline System Update with OSU1 file on a USB flash drive. It completes step 1 (downloading) and step 2 (verifying). Won't go to step 3 (final) but restarts and displays the SOMETHING WENT WRONG screen SYSTEM ERROR E100 0000703

All the options in that screen will just restart the console goes back to the same screen.

I have the Xbox One S with DVD drive model 1681. Do I have the correct OSU file?

:)

Jude Ponteras, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Jude Ponteras Win User

I did a factory default setting but it didn't work.
  3. icsxyppl Win User

What age are the systems (End of 2017?) If they are enrolled in insider preview - withdraw them from the program first before further troubleshooting. If they are older consoles they are most likely out of warranty and would need to be looked at more closely
    from a repair cost vs new purchase perspective.

Best regards

Sassan
  4. Jude Ponteras Win User

Hi. I'm quite sure we got them late 2018 or early 2019. How can I withdraw from the Insider Preview program?
  5. justinwedel Win User

If you are still having this issue I just fixed mine. I removed the hdd from the xbox and hooked it up to my pc. Accessed the system update 1 partition and deleted all the files and reinstalled the hdd. Then took a flash drive
    (any drive over 8gb will work) and formatted that to NTFS and extracted OSU1 to it and inserted it into the USB port on the xbox. Booting the xbox by holding for 15 seconds, the bind button on the side and the eject button and pressing the power button. The
    console then fully went through with the system update. Afterwards i just had to redo the initial setup but all my games and saves were still there. Hope this helps someone else.
  6. icsxyppl Win User

Unenroll old or unused devices from the Xbox Insider Program

• Sign in on any Xbox One console or Windows 10 PC with your Microsoft account registered in the Xbox Insider Program.
    • Launch the Xbox Insider Hub.
    • In the Xbox Insider Hub, navigate to Settings > Manage devices.
    • Select the console (s) or device (s) you wish to remove from the Xbox Insider Program, then select Done.
Thema:

1. Power recycling and Offline System Update only completes step 1 & 2 - Similar Threads - Power recycling Offline

2. Xbox series s won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't power on: All my light does is flash n goes off c0832ebb-b595-4858-ab40-d6cc803d6d35
  3. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  4. I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?: I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia? f53a93af-10df-4bd5-8501-d790bb6f67f9
  5. Xbox powered by usb

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox powered by usb: So basically i need to power my xbox by usb because i dont have a plug socket to plug in the 3 pin but i do have a usb port Links apricated a50898b0-6ef7-42dd-ad3b-477546ea497c
  6. Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds: Hello, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone is having a similar issue? Or if anyone knows what can be done to alleviate this problem. I have an Xbox One X that I use for beta updates, and...
  7. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  8. Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...: Yes I dropped my Xbox One off the shelf and now at power zone for 10 seconds shows a Xbox One logo and power is off so there's no trouble shooting can be done any ideas Would be greatly...
  9. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...