Power Problem

Discus and support Power Problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The xbox has started to turn itself off. Its a xbox one s. Last week we had the issue of it coming on but not starting up then going off. We thought... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nicolajacovelli, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Power Problem

The xbox has started to turn itself off. Its a xbox one s.

Last week we had the issue of it coming on but not starting up then going off.

We thought we fixed it but now it's going off again?

:)

nicolajacovelli, Jan 4, 2021
  2. MattyBobo Win User

Powering on problem

I had the exact same problems as you with the turn on function and weird controller behavior after. Turned out it was a defective power brick for the Xbox One. I only found this out after the power brick overheated and shut my Xbox off in the middle of Madden.
    If you touch your power brick and it is hot to the touch (it should only be slightly warm) then you have the same issue as I did and you should return it to the store for exchange. I did this and the turn on feature works perfectly on the new one.
  3. A Blue Illusion Win User

Power problem

Not sure what is going on from what you've posted. If the lamp is glowing but when you plug it into the console it shuts down, that means you're leaving it plugged into the wall outlet, but plugging it into the back of the console. Or at least that's what
    I'm gathering as it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Have you tried unplugging both ends of the power supply, from the console and the main outlet? The power supply has its own built in surge protector which can trip if a power surge/fluctuation occurs. Resetting the power supply requires unplugging it from
    both the outlet and the console and waiting a good 10 seconds for it to reset. Then plug it into the console first, then the wall outlet.

Also, since the power supply does have its own surge suppressor built in, it is recommended to plug it directly into a wall outlet and not into a power strip/surge suppressor. This doesn't always cause problems if you do, but it can.

Last, I assume that the power supply lamp is glowing the right color when you say it is on. White when the console is turned on, or powered down in Instant On mode. Orange when powered down in Energy Saver mode. Flashing orange or no light indicates a problem
    with the power supply.

I'd try resetting the power supply as I described above and it's worth trying to plug it straight into an outlet (if you do have it plugged into a power strip). If you still can't get the console to turn on, then it sounds like there might be a problem with
    the console itself.
  4. Mister Maka Win User

Power problems .....

Hey there willsot.

We recommend reaching out to
    Phone/Chat support
    in regards to a different power adapter. Generally we aren't able to provide alternate power supplies, but they may be able to steer you in the right direction.
  5. GrowlingYapper Win User

Power problem?

1 Have you updated your controllers.

2 Have you assigned your controllers to your GT in Settings/Devices & Accessories.
  6. OK Fowl Win User

Power on problems

I have seen this happen on My X Console when we have had a power outage or power fluctuation. Is it possible there has be a power outage or other power event since you last turned the console on?
Thema:

Power Problem

1. Power Problem - Similar Threads - Power Problem

2. Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??: My Xbox willl cycle the tv off when I turn console off but will not turn it on! Before anyone suggests it yes I have checked my tv settings and yes cec is turned on for my tv in settings, it’s...
  3. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...
  4. Problems with the compability of my Skylanders Portal of Power.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with the compability of my Skylanders Portal of Power.: I have bought Skylanders Superchargers on my Xbox One S because it's available in the store for 50 euros. The problem is that I have an old portal of power which is the Skylanders Trap Team Wii...
  5. How can one tell if it is your Xbox that's the problem or the power cable?Xbox won't come...

in XBoX on Windows
    How can one tell if it is your Xbox that's the problem or the power cable?Xbox won't come...: How can one tell if it is your Xbox that's the problem or the power cable?Xbox won't come on at all b1c3cb70-c3bf-4173-98ab-d6d74624ba44
  6. Is the red light on the Xbox one power block a problem??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the red light on the Xbox one power block a problem??: My Xbox one power block has a red light when it’s off. Is that an issue?? Everything works normal when it’s on, but that red light reminds me of the red ring of death from the 360, and it only...
  7. Controller power problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller power problems: My controller wouldn’t turn on, even after changing batteries, then, when I connect my controller to a USB-C it creates a buzzing noise and still wouldn’t turn on....
  8. Power button problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Power button problems: Today I wanted to disassemble my Xbox one to clean because it was covered in some dust but right after I put everything together the power button didn’t start to turn on. What should I do?...
  9. Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.: My younger brother passed away back in December 2022, and I just recently (past couple of days) got his Xbox One S. The first night I had it at my apartment, it turned on just fine with no issues,...
  10. Trustmaster Ferrari 488 (black) wheel, power problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trustmaster Ferrari 488 (black) wheel, power problem: hello i have a problem with the trustmaster Ferrari 488 (black) wheel, the light turns on but then it shuts off and won't turn back on how do i fix it? 1f8582e7-14b8-4dbc-926d-70f3fbec0d60