Power button and disc eject button make no sound

Discus and support Power button and disc eject button make no sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One X regular edition has stopped making the normal chimes when the power button is pressed/console turned on and disc eject button. It is only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Loungin, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Loungin
    Loungin Guest

My Xbox One X regular edition has stopped making the normal chimes when the power button is pressed/console turned on and disc eject button. It is only 5 months old. I find this a little strange and question if something else is going to go wrong next. I
    do not plug it in a surge protector.

- I have full restarted my Xbox.

- I have unplugged my Xbox, pressed the power button for a few minutes and then plugged it back in.

- I checked to make sure the chime setting was on in the settings (obviously).

- I changed the chime setting to off then full restarted then turned the setting back on and full restarted again.

I would like to know if this could be a software issue and doing a system reset would make a difference or if this is more of a hardware issue. I can live without the sounds but a new Xbox shouldn't be having any issues.

:)

Loungin, Apr 1, 2018
  2. Xbox system

ProfessorJay93, Apr 1, 2018
  3. No sound on Power and Eject buttons

Thanks! I had never heard of this problem until now, so I was a bit concerned. Power button and disc eject button make no sound :)

AmaraniaSedai, Apr 1, 2018
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

My xbox powers on but won’t display on my tv. Why?

Hi, viaEyeso! Kindly try to see if you can pull up the Xbox troubleshooter page. Press and hold the Bind button and the Eject button, then press the Power Button. Bind is located on the left side and the Eject button is next to the disc drive on the front of the console.

Hold the Bind and Eject buttons for between 10 and 15 seconds, or until you hear the system power-up sound twice in a row. The process has failed if you do not hear the power-up sound or if you hear the power-down sound.
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

Every time I try to open my Dashboard I get the “Something went wrong” error

Hello! Thanks for your reply. Can you still access your console's setting? If not, power cycle your console again then press and hold the Bind button and the Eject button, then press the Power Button. Bind is located below the power button and the Eject button is next to the disc drive on the front of the console.

Hold the Bind and Eject buttons for between 10 and 15 seconds, or until you hear the system power-up sound twice in a row. The process has failed if you do not hear the power-up sound or if you hear the power-down sound.
  6. AmaraniaSedai Win User

No sound on Power and Eject buttons

Thanks! I had never heard of this problem until now, so I was a bit concerned. :)
  7. AmaraniaSedai Win User

Well, that didn't seem to work either, but thanks for the suggestion. I didn't see that one.

There's just something about that sounds I kind of like for some strange reason, but I don't think this problem is going to get fixed. Technology in my hands has never been known for taking the easy or common route to a fix. :)
  8. Mythic xSagex Win User

If the console itself works fine the I would not worry about it. However if you are worried then you can call support and have them help you out...
Thema:

1. Power button and disc eject button make no sound - Similar Threads - Power button disc

2. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  3. My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out: The light on the power button looks like it is burning out. I do not have night mode active or the custom dim set up. Is this just a matter of the led or is it indicative of a potentially bigger...
  4. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  5. How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?: I have two problems I have a Xbox one with a broken power button and it needs replaced. how much will Microsoft charge me to fix it? f5f243a5-1f00-492e-b0d4-6a84d59d0133
  6. Xbox power button flashing rapidly and Wi-Fi disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power button flashing rapidly and Wi-Fi disconnects: Xbox power button begins flashing rapidly and Wi-Fi and all attached devices disconnect, then after a full minute it fully turns off and nothing will be on the screen but the light remains...
  7. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  8. My Xbox one X isn't responding and outputting anything except the disc eject and power button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X isn't responding and outputting anything except the disc eject and power button.: Yesterday my Xbox one X froze on a game and when I shut it off for the night and come back the next morning it turns on, it can eject discks and literally nothing else. No output on both my living...
  9. sync or power button don't work but disc does

in XboX Insiders
    sync or power button don't work but disc does: The sync button and power button can be clicked on my xbox one s but they dont do anything the power button will light up when I turn it on with a controller and the disc button and tray work fine...
  10. Xbox One wouldn’t load disc, tried holding down power button for ten seconds now won’t get ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wouldn’t load disc, tried holding down power button for ten seconds now won’t get ...: I recently purchesed RDR2 on disc and spent eight hours downloading it, after finally getting it downloaded i started it only to find that it wouldnt get past the loading screen and when it would...