Power brick not working. How to fix?

Discus and support Power brick not working. How to fix? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had this question before but the person that was trying to help me stopped replying so I am asking it again hoping I can get helpful info on how to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andrew Kacki, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Andrew Kacki
    Andrew Kacki Guest

I had this question before but the person that was trying to help me stopped replying so I am asking it again hoping I can get helpful info on how to fix. And I will be pasting my story here: Recently my power brick for my Xbox one was working fine until a power outage occurred. I have two power bricks. I unplugged them from the outlet and plugged them back in. I unplug them from the console and they work! The thing is I plug them into the console and the led light turns off! And I’m sure my power bricks aren’t faulty because I have unplugged both of them from the console and their light turns on!

:)

Andrew Kacki, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Andrew Kacki Win User

Thanks for that additional information, then we can confirm that the problem is with your internal power supply.
    So that means I have to replace it?
  3. Andrew Kacki Win User

Hello Andrew,

Regarding your concern, the first thing to check is your power bricks LED indicator, does it turn off or changes color once you press the power button on your console?

Second, is to check your Xbox's LED indicator, does it show any light while plugged into the power brick?

If your power brick has lights as well as your console, watch what color it turns into, if it turns to white and fades there could be something wrong with your Power Supply Unit internally.

If the light on your console changes to orange, you may try doing a factory reset.

If there are no lights at all on the console, it's definitely the PSU or the internal power supply of your console and it may need replacement.
    You see, if my power supply is not plugged into anything the led light won’t turn on because it isn’t receiving power. When I plug it in to the outlet the led light turns on to a yellowish orange. But the problem is the led light turns off when the power supply is plugged into the Xbox. And I have done a different cable and same problem. Also I tried a different power supply and it also did the same thing. I did this with another Xbox on both cables and both power supplies and the same thing happened. This has happened before but it suddenly started working again but with another power outage, it stopped working.
  4. PingGuerrer0 Win User

Hello Andrew,

Regarding your concern, the first thing to check is your power bricks LED indicator, does it turn off or changes color once you press the power button on your console?

Second, is to check your Xbox's LED indicator, does it show any light while plugged into the power brick?

If your power brick has lights as well as your console, watch what color it turns into, if it turns to white and fades there could be something wrong with your Power Supply Unit internally.

If the light on your console changes to orange, you may try doing a factory reset.

If there are no lights at all on the console, it's definitely the PSU or the internal power supply of your console and it may need replacement.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi Andrew! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Based on the Xbox troubleshooting page for power bricks, if your PSU or power supply unit's light goes off or no lights, it's your PSU that needs to be replaced.

You may confirm that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. PingGuerrer0 Win User

Thanks for that additional information, then we can confirm that the problem is with your internal power supply.
Thema:

1. Power brick not working. How to fix? - Similar Threads - Power brick working

2. My Xbox brick was working fine for a few months but then the power turned off for around 8...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox brick was working fine for a few months but then the power turned off for around 8...: This happened before to my old one and I had to buy a new one. 16f3027a-0c4c-4e9c-9056-52b46181b140
  3. purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...: need help with the above question f02c1c57-ebc2-487d-91c4-fbd4ca38a7af
  4. Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?: My Xbox power brick has a bright red light whenever the Xbox one is turned off, but when I turn it on it has a weak green light, it hasn’t affected me in any way but I want to make sure...
  5. is my power brick busted?

in XBoX Accessibility
    is my power brick busted?: a couple of months ago my xbox stopped working, when i would go to plug in my xbox, the power brick would be orange for about a second or so, then turn off. i tried using it again today to see if...
  6. My Xbox power brick popped and now my lights in my room are out?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox power brick popped and now my lights in my room are out?!: I was playing and all of a sudden I heard a pop and all my lights just in my room shut off 4ae8686f-e1a1-4d1f-aff5-c14e0f5e8488
  7. Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...: Sometimes the power supply randomly shuts off. Then I plug it out for 10 seconds it comes back on, no light flashes it's just the usual orange and white light I'm confused why this happens and why...
  8. Power brick doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power brick doesn’t work: My power brick stays on orange but then I used my brothers power brick and that one worked but I want to know if I could fix it or if I have to buy another brick be971c78-a5d7-475a-aeb9-5d9719056698
  9. xbox 1 Power brick doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 1 Power brick doesn't work: I plugged it into a 230v outlet when it was originally made for a 130v volt outlet. I smelt smoke tripped the circuit breaker now it doest work, and xbox support is unreachable. I know i need a...
  10. Will an EU Xbox One work in the US if you plug a US power brick into it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will an EU Xbox One work in the US if you plug a US power brick into it?: Also, I wouldn't have any problems with plugging an EU Xbox one into an American HDTV, right? 9da6fe75-7c08-4810-b46a-10ea19408b50