Power brick making a loud kinda grinding noise?

Discus and support Power brick making a loud kinda grinding noise? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It worked fine then I turned it on today and it started making weird sounds. I blew into it, and it only makes the sound when I plug it into the xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ddfsf23Mason, Jan 30, 2021.

1. ddfsf23Mason
    ddfsf23Mason Guest

It worked fine then I turned it on today and it started making weird sounds. I blew into it, and it only makes the sound when I plug it into the xbox one. Its a kmd powerbrick.

:)

ddfsf23Mason, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

360 Slim power supply noise

What kind of noise does it make? Is it buzzing or grinding noise? The noise is coming from the little internal fan and it's been know that some faulty units make this noise.

The power brick on my Xbox 360 Slim used to make a loud grinding noise when I had it from new. To stop the noise I used to pick up the brick and give it a few hard taps with the palm of my hand. Once I did that it didn't make any noise for the duration of
    that play session until then next time the machine was switched on again.

Strangely enough, I never had the brick replaced and it now it no longer makes any noise. If you are concerned though and you can't get the brick be quite you should take up a repair request with Microsoft Support to get it replaced.
  3. Militaratus Win User

Xbox console is making a weird noise

Is the console itself making the loud noises or is it the power brick that is doing it?
  4. HomeSw3rv Win User

Power brick making LOUD noises.

What did it sound like? Was it a wirring or a screeching noise? If it's the former, I may be in the same boat as you.
  5. MoltenDarkman Win User

Xbox 360 S Power Brick Buzzing?

The loud noise you hear is a fan in the power brick i had the same problem i had to replace the power brick because it went red when the light is.
  6. OhDoubleD Win User

Can't Connect to Destiny.

Could it be updates? Its happening to me on a Monday morning. And my Xbox keeps making loud grinding noises.
Thema:

1. Power brick making a loud kinda grinding noise? - Similar Threads - Power brick making

2. My Xbox brick was working fine for a few months but then the power turned off for around 8...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox brick was working fine for a few months but then the power turned off for around 8...: This happened before to my old one and I had to buy a new one. 16f3027a-0c4c-4e9c-9056-52b46181b140
  3. purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...: need help with the above question f02c1c57-ebc2-487d-91c4-fbd4ca38a7af
  4. Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?: My Xbox power brick has a bright red light whenever the Xbox one is turned off, but when I turn it on it has a weak green light, it hasn’t affected me in any way but I want to make sure...
  5. is my power brick busted?

in XBoX Accessibility
    is my power brick busted?: a couple of months ago my xbox stopped working, when i would go to plug in my xbox, the power brick would be orange for about a second or so, then turn off. i tried using it again today to see if...
  6. My Xbox power brick popped and now my lights in my room are out?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox power brick popped and now my lights in my room are out?!: I was playing and all of a sudden I heard a pop and all my lights just in my room shut off 4ae8686f-e1a1-4d1f-aff5-c14e0f5e8488
  7. Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...: Sometimes the power supply randomly shuts off. Then I plug it out for 10 seconds it comes back on, no light flashes it's just the usual orange and white light I'm confused why this happens and why...
  8. Xbox one power brick burning out on only one xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power brick burning out on only one xbox.: My dad's xbox, no matter which powerbrick, randomly turns off, no matter what games he will play, one powerbrick is 1 year old and one dates back to 2013-2016, both of them don't work on his xbox...
  9. Power brick stays orange

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power brick stays orange: This morning our xbox stopped working. It makes the power on sound but the console doesn't turn on. I noticed that the power brick has a solid orange light. I have unplugged it several times and...
  10. Xbox One (2015) making powering on noise but no light from xbox symbol and power brick LED...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One (2015) making powering on noise but no light from xbox symbol and power brick LED...: This Xbox is like a child to me, been smooth sailing for the last 9 years however it seems like its time is coming to and end, im not ready to let go just yet. Has anyone got a clue whats going on...