Power/black screen issue?

Discus and support Power/black screen issue? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing my xbox yesterday like I always do. I took a break from it for a couple of hours and I left it on, just like I always do. I came back to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bubb4 j4mes 87, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Power/black screen issue?

I was playing my xbox yesterday like I always do. I took a break from it for a couple of hours and I left it on, just like I always do. I came back to continue my game and the machine was froze. The only buttons I could use on my controller was the Xbox button and the D-pad. I go to reset to reset the xbox and now I get nothing. Now I can't get a picture, I can't get my controller to work with it to power it off correctly. If I want to turn it off, I have to unplug it from the power source. I tried to resync my controller, can't do that. I'm almost positive it is not a hdmi port issue. The light is suppose to blink when you go to sync a new controller and it won't do that. Tried different power supplies, tried different cables, tried different inputs, tried different tv's, and it will not do a thing. Can somebody help me?

:)

bubb4 j4mes 87, Jun 29, 2022
  2. bubb4 j4mes 87 Win User

I have done all of that multiple times. I can not get anything to come on my screen, period. The HDMI ports look perfect, may be a little loose, but its always been light that. Why would it work, and all of a sudden when I reset it due to it freezing, it does absolutely nothing?
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @bubb4 j4mes 87!

There are a number of possible reasons why your screen may be blank or black. Please try the following and let us know how it goes. console.

1. Hold down the power button on the front of your Xbox One console until it fully powers down, unplug the power cord, and wait 30 seconds. Please note the console must be fully powered down; the next steps will not work if the console is powered on from connected standby.

2. Plug the power cord back in.

3. PRESS the POWER Button then Hold down the Bind button (located on the side of the console next to the USB port) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console next to the optical disc slot), continue holding down Bind and Eject until you hear a second “power up” chime.

4. Then SELECT Reset this Xbox - This Troubleshooter will take you to a page that allows you to reset the console but keep content (this allows you to keep your installed games and settings!) Once you reset the console, check if you are still experiencing the same issue.

Please give this troubleshooting a try and see if the issue is fixed just to make sure that it's not a hardware issue. However, if the issue persists, it can be a hardware therefore the console needs to be serviced. To request service, sign in to Device service and repair with your Microsoft account and submit a service order: Device Services
  4. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

I understand that it seems a bit odd for your console to act this way out of the sudden. But, since you already have tried different power supplies, different cables, different inputs, and even different tv's but nothing seems to be working, it could be hardware internal issue. I would suggest that you send you Xbox console for a repair to get it fixed
  5. ImAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in. Press and hold the SYNC button and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console. Continue holding the SYNC and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the SYNC and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
  6. TODDWILSON9 Win User

Xbox one x stuck on black screen

Hi Pat, I’m having this issue after an update also. Did your console immediately go to the black screen or were you getting the black screen immediately after powering it on.
Thema:

1. Power/black screen issue? - Similar Threads - Power black screen

2. Power/black screen issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power/black screen issue?: I was playing my xbox yesterday like I always do. I took a break from it for a couple of hours and I left it on, just like I always do. I came back to continue my game and the machine was froze....
  3. Black xbox1 has power but wont boot. Just blank black screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black xbox1 has power but wont boot. Just blank black screen.: Hi my black xbox 1 500gb has power but wont boot, it turns on and I can hear the hdd reading etc. However the screen is blank I have tried different hdmi cables and ports on the tv but it stays...
  4. My Xbox One S has power but doesn't start. TV screen stays black.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S has power but doesn't start. TV screen stays black.: Turned on the Xbox today and it wouldn't load. Just a black screen. tried 2 different HDMI cables and different ports on the TV with the same result. Unplugged the power cord for 30 seconds and...
  5. xbox one powers on but just black screen after a power outage by a thunderstorm

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one powers on but just black screen after a power outage by a thunderstorm: i was watching netflix on my xbox and there was a power outage in my area due to a thunderstorm and now my xbox one will turn on but won't load anything up just a black screen like hdmi is not...
  6. Unplugged power supply now have black screen and xbox wont load up my profile. need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unplugged power supply now have black screen and xbox wont load up my profile. need help: unplugged power supply to fix issues now i get a black screen or gray screen. It wont load up my home page it won't let me sign in it times out. It wont let me browse through my xbox. I...
  7. When I power on my Xbox one it goes to the green Xbox screen then to a black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I power on my Xbox one it goes to the green Xbox screen then to a black screen: When I press the power button on my Xbox one it shows the green Xbox start up screen for 2 mins then goes to black then shows an error message along the lines of "for some reason home has taken...
  8. Experiencing a black screen every time I power my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Experiencing a black screen every time I power my xbox: I'm experiencing something the community calls "The black screen of death." Basically for those who don't know what a black screen of death is, it's when you get a blank screen after a green...
  9. Black Screen after Green Screen after power up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screen after Green Screen after power up.: Hi, The xbox one goes into a Black Screen after Green Screen after power up. Tried the power down, unplugging, waiting, switching cables, switching ports, switching TVs, etc. Nothing has...
  10. Black screen on Power Up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen on Power Up: When I turn on my Xbox, instead of going to the home screen it just goes to a black screen with the Xbox logo in the upper right hand corner. I can power off with the controller and hard reset...