Power A Xbox Controller Left Stick Button Stuck Down.

Discus and support Power A Xbox Controller Left Stick Button Stuck Down. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently, I've noticed that my Power A wired Xbox controller kept on pressing down on the left stick without me even having the need or want to. This... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YesSir2, Dec 20, 2020.

1. YesSir2
    YesSir2 Guest

Recently, I've noticed that my Power A wired Xbox controller kept on pressing down on the left stick without me even having the need or want to. This would be apparent when I go on to Modern Warfare and just move up. The menu for the XP Tokens opens up
    and I had yet to press down. I broke down the controller to see that the button on the left that performs this task is pushed down lower than the one on the right. Is this fixable in any way or am I doomed for eternity and will never move in a game without
    pulling up a menu or running?

:)

YesSir2, Dec 20, 2020
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Power A controllers are...not robust. Theres nothing you can do but buy a new one
  3. Jasperrdm Win User

Button layout

I found one. Chime in if this does not match with what you know.

Xbox One controller layout

Combat

Left Stick - Movement

Right Stick - Aim

Left Stick press - Tactical Power

Right bumper button - Class Mechanic

Right Trigger - At Will 1

Left Trigger - At Will 2

X button - Encounter 1

Y button - Encounter 2

B button - Encounter 3

Left bumper button + X button - Daily 1

Left bumper button + Y button - Daily 2

Left bumper button + B button - Artifact

Non-Combat

Left Stick - Movement

Right Stick - Camera

Right Stick press - AutoRun

A button - Interact

Left menu button - Focus on status

Right menu button - Start menu

D-pad up - Mount

D-pad left - Consumable item 1

D-pad down - Consumable item 2

D-pad right - Consumable item 3

Left bumper button + D-pad up - Map

Left bumper button + D-pad left - Inventory

Left bumper button + D-pad down - Chat

Left bumper button + D-pad right - Invocation

Left bumper button + A button - Jump
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Thumbstick Fix

i have always insisted that damage to the left stick is caused by pressing forwared and clicking down to run in games, it causes to much undue stress to the component, this is why i have invested in a power a controller with the 2 rear button, one is jump and the other is run and have not had an issue with the sticks again.
  5. AlmasRetroChild Win User

Halo isn't halo anymore

I wish there was a control scheme that eliminated any functions being on either the left or right sticks because xbox controller sticks aren't very durable. I've had to replace controllers in the past because of this. I wish aim was on the left trigger
    and sprint could be double mapped on the B button where you sprint while holding B down.
  6. Ja D Win User

My right joystick doesn’t respond when i pull down why is that?

i have done the testing and every button works perfectly fine even my right stick itself it just for some reason is stuck up like it can go left and right but not down and it stays up ; it drifted up before but i was able to stabilize it atleast but now it’s as the up drift over powers my pull down causing it to not work at all
Thema:

1. Power A Xbox Controller Left Stick Button Stuck Down. - Similar Threads - Power Controller Left

2. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  3. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  4. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  5. Xbox One controllers stopped powering up within 2 months of each other

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controllers stopped powering up within 2 months of each other: Why have 3 xbox one controllers stopped powering up within a couple months of each other. I've updated the firmware on 2 of them before they stopped working, and didn't update the 3rd, but it quit...
  6. Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.: I have an Xbox Series S, and recently it began having a severe issue making the console completely unusable. I connect the power cable to the wall, and a good confirmed working HDMI cable to the...
  7. My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do: My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do 1d66ad3b-84c4-4e95-8c6a-c2a1021f5941
  8. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...
  9. My xbox series x controller power button are scrathed and the colour are faded what I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller power button are scrathed and the colour are faded what I...: My Xbox Series X Controller did get scratched and the color did get faded on it what I should in this case or situation any suggestion or advice the help are appreciated be kind if you not mind...
  10. my power a wired xbox controller stopped conecting to my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    my power a wired xbox controller stopped conecting to my xbox: my power a wired xbox controller stopped connecting to my xbox through usb on my xbox series s and it is fairly new 46dee98c-6e38-47c9-bc01-5aebfaea67bf