Potential gamertag being used by inactive member

Discus and support Potential gamertag being used by inactive member in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently decided that I wanted to change my gamertag to a simpler version because the one I created years ago as a young kid has "Killa"... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LJF613, Apr 22, 2020.

1. LJF613
    LJF613 Guest

Hello,

I have recently decided that I wanted to change my gamertag to a simpler version because the one I created years ago as a young kid has "Killa" at the end of it. When I attempted to change my name without the "Killa" part, it said the gamertag was already
    in use. I searched on Xbox live to see who potentially owns the account and I came across an account with 0G of games played with zero friends.

Now I know this may mean they still use the account in different ways, but I was wondering if somebody has come across this same issue but they ended up being successful in contacting Microsoft to see/potentially deactivate the account? I politely messaged
    the user asking if they do not play online to possibly changing their name but find it hard to believe they will answer since they have been inactive.

Please let me know any suggestions! Thank you and stay safe during these times.

:)

LJF613, Apr 22, 2020
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

But what if this account is completely inactive? Is there any way to be able to obtain this information?
    For privacy reasons, no.
  3. LJF613 Win User

But what if this account is completely inactive? Is there any way to be able to obtain this information?
  4. RandyAU93 Win User

This is not something customer support can do, and for the very reason you mentioned - the account may be active elsewhere in the Microsoft ecosystem. You are allowed to set the gamertag to be exactly the same, but it will be followed by a series of numbers
    (like Gamer123 #1234) to differentiate it from the original.
  5. bowski477 Win User

Change Gt?

There is no way to force a tag change for an inactive member. Remember that there are other services such as Zune that also use gamertags. Every now and then MS does release old inactive gamertags but there is no way to know when or which ones.
  6. UltraXPowerGuy Win User

Change Gt?

[quote user="bowski477"]

There is no way to force a tag change for an inactive member. Remember that there are other services such as Zune that also use gamertags. Every now and then MS does release old inactive gamertags but there is no way to know when or which ones.

[/quote]

All right, thanks.
Thema:

1. Potential gamertag being used by inactive member - Similar Threads - Potential gamertag being

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. how do i get my gamertag back

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i get my gamertag back: I lost my gamertag that was over 12 characters and i need it back i have had it for over 19 years 29154ee5-f75e-498f-bf37-96938065bae1
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. Potential ssd issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Potential ssd issue: Anyone able to confirm this as being a ssd issue When ever I'm turning off my xbox series x it appears to be factory resetting it's self every time without fail...
  7. Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?: Like most gamers, I have some hopes and interest in the preservation of older games. Also after the official Microsoft acquisition of Activision/Blizzard, there is even more hopes of these games...
  8. Potential Child Predator

in XBoX Accessibility
    Potential Child Predator: So after playing an online game this for SURE grown [mod removed] was asking me how old I was and if I was single (im 27f) but i got the ICK from this dude and so I lied and said I was 15. He said...
  9. Canada Xbox Series X store potential issue

in XboX Insiders
    Canada Xbox Series X store potential issue: Is Paramount+ not available on the Canadian store as an app or is this an issue with my latest build? I contacted Paramount+ support I received a generic response on how to install their app....
  10. What do I do if a potential phisher has a code sent to my email for a Minecraft sign in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What do I do if a potential phisher has a code sent to my email for a Minecraft sign in?: At the time, I had thought I was connecting my Minecraft and Discord account so i could see my stats and guild info in the server instead of logging onto the game. After i received and email for...