Port forwarding

Discus and support Port forwarding in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How to port forward my xbox series s , I have a AT&T bgw 210 router, also I play black ops 2 the most is there a better way to get better connection... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by larry davis2, Feb 20, 2023.

1. larry davis2
    larry davis2 Guest

Port forwarding

How to port forward my xbox series s , I have a AT&T bgw 210 router, also I play black ops 2 the most is there a better way to get better connection and less lag on zombies.

:)

larry davis2, Feb 20, 2023
  2. John Dowding Win User

Port Forwarding

Doesnt it get a bit repetitive just running around shooting people Strange?
  3. signoftheserpent Win User

Port Forwarding

That's what I've done.

I think really the problem is the game.
  4. signoftheserpent Win User

Port Forwarding

The only people that really know for sure are Treyarch. I don't understand how a developer can have so little pride in his work. You spend your time developing a game you presumbaly love and then, when it's released, ignore every single complaint and make
    no effort to even engage with the community that pays your wages about the game's problems. I bet there are a ton of game developers that would kill to produce the world's biggest selling game franchise, yet Treyarch and David Vonderhaar don't care - and noone
    asks him what's going on. No gaming website or magazine seems to think it worth their time to ask him what's up! The biggest game on the planet!

I've tried everything I can think of. I'm not going to mangle my router settings permanently for one game, but i've opened ports, closed ports, used the DMZ, not used the DMZ, tried all sorts of static IP's, adjusted this and that, I've tried playing with
    the worst connection preferences, I've tried playing whiel caning bittorrent. To paraphrase Steve Harley, I've done it all. It doesn't seem to make any real difference, so the problem must lie in the game's coding.

What does it say about the industry that the biggest gaming franchise is so badly served. If it worked I'd enjoy it. I've never had an issue with CoD. Sure there are things that need fixing in the gameplay (quickscoping), but that's small potatoes compared
    to being able to play it.

As far as lag compensation goes, for all i know that may be an urban myth. Either I have a terrible connection which is why i lag, or i have a really good connection and i'm throttled back by lag comp. It can't be both.
  5. Lofty Who Win User

Port Forwarding

^ Trouble is I can't see many of these well known sites giving anything but top scores to any COD/MW/BO title regardless of how good or bad it is, you think how much money these games earn, not many people willing to upset the devs/publishers.
  6. Lofty Who Win User

Port Forwarding

[quote user="Strangeotron"]

As with most people, some games work better than others. For instance, MW3 is noticeably more stable than BO2, but not perfect. Mortal Kombat was the worst I've ever seen in any game (Injustice better not be otherwise I will destroy all life on earth). But
    Soul Calibur 5 was perfect. Crysis 3 was as bad as Crysis 2 which was a nightmare. Black Ops 1 was crap but MW1 was fine.

BO2 seems to have some intrinsically weak coding. If this can be mitigated by means of port forwarding then great.

[/quote]

Your right about some games better for others.

Even when me and the wife use to play the first Black Ops, sure we both had issues at some points but she had alot more issues than I did whether we were both playing at the same time or not, both using wired connections so didn't make sense at all, that's
    online gaming for you.

Anyway, hope this works out for you.
Thema:

Port forwarding

1. Port forwarding - Similar Threads - Port forwarding

2. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: Should I even worry about port forwarding if I have 1200mbps internet. Can port forwarding stabilize gaming when the internet itself gets congested? dedcb9dd-cafb-430b-8c24-7527d8af1807
  3. Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding: Hi, I'm trying to find the port for XCloud but I couldn't find one. The only one i found was the port for Xbox Consoles. Is there a list for port anywhere that I could've missed ? Thanks in...
  4. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  5. How do I set up port forwarding?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I set up port forwarding?: How to set up port forwarding? b1c136b4-29fe-4b39-8d9a-9878be3eb7a9
  6. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: I know port forwarding needs to be done in some cases. My question is, 1. if I have 2 consoles in my house, how do I forward them on the same network to the same ports? I know the ports ports...
  7. open wrt port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    open wrt port forwarding: Hello. When port forwarding on my Open wrt box, Do I have to have a different external port and internal port. is it 88 udp for both external port and internal port, or should I forward them to...
  8. Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X: I recently tried manually setting up port forwarding for my series X. After setting it up I tested my network through the Xbox and it was all good, open NAT, no issues. Then I activated my...
  9. A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.: Recently I have been struggling with the nightmare inducing ultra hellhole that is port forwarding to host a server for Foundry Virtual Table top. And then, While undergoing having my brain dunked...
  10. nat type not turning open even after port forward

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat type not turning open even after port forward: so i made the ipv6 from secured to open,upnp has been on,i port forwarded all 7 ports,under lan setup i put Address Reservation for the series x ip. and it is still no IPV6,no UPNP,nat moderate....