Port Forwarding Invalid IP address

Discus and support Port Forwarding Invalid IP address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm using a D-Link WBR 1310 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit system, and I'm following the instructions on this page: Fastest Way to Forward Ports on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TickleMeCthulhu, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Port Forwarding Invalid IP address

I'm using a D-Link WBR 1310 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit system, and I'm following the instructions on this page:

Fastest Way to Forward Ports on the D-Link WBR-1310 Router

I login to my router and get to the Port Forwarding Rules page and enter the ports as shown, however, if I leave the IP Address box empty- also as shown- I get a message stating "IP address entered is invalid." I get the same thing if I leave the default

What goes in that IP address box?

I watched a tutorial where the creator made a new IP address # up (192.168.0.1xx) and then went into his XBox and set up the static IP manually with the same # he used. I tried this using 192.168.0.2- wrote it in the IP address box on the Port Forwarding Rules
    page of my router and then manually changed the static IP address of the XB1 and then rebooted the router (by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in and waiting 30 seconds), but the XB1 could not locate the IP address.

Obviously, I don't know what I'm doing.

Any help?

:)

TickleMeCthulhu, Jan 2, 2014
  2. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest
    XBOX one port forwarding and UPNP issue

Hello WazzaAngel,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We recommend setting up a static IP before completing the port forwarding process. This ensures that the IP address that the ports are open for remain open. If the IP address is dynamic, the changes to port forwarding will
    work until the IP address of the console changes. We recommend to disable UPnP and DMZ before port forwarding is completed. Let us know the results!

XBF Leonzo G, Jan 2, 2014
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    Slim not finding network

There are various ways to achieve the same thing on a router in terms of NAT and many ways to over configure it.

I would only ever use one of the set-ups below:-

• UPnP=On, Port triggering=Off, Port Forwarding=off, DMZ=Off, Xbox IP address = auto
    • UPnP=Off, Port triggering=On, Port Forwarding=off, DMZ=Off, Xbox IP address = auto
    • UPnP=Off, Port triggering=Off, Port Forwarding=On, DMZ=Off, Xbox IP address = manual/static (or auto using DHCP reservation)
    • UPnP=Off, Port triggering=Off, Port Forwarding=Off, DMZ=On, Xbox IP address = manual/static (or auto using DHCP reservation)
    If you mix and match the above together it can result in disconnections

GMAN990, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Mister Urkel
    Mister Urkel Guest

Hey TickleMeCthulhu,

Before we get into more troubleshooting steps lets get a clear picture of what you are using, experienced and tried.

Follow this
    thread
    and post your findings on your next response.

We are standing by for your response.

Mister Urkel, Jan 3, 2014
  5. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Greetings Tickle!

May I start by asking you why you need to use Port Forwarding. Is there a problem with UPnP (automatic port forwarding as one of several features) implementation regarding port mapping for NAT traversal, for your specific router?

What is the make and model of your modem?

[quote user="TickleMeCthulhu"]I'm using a D-Link WBR 1310 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit system[/quote]Are you using ICS on your computer, to share its Internet connection with your console?

Before you go ahead to setup a forwarding rule on your router, assign your console with static IP settings.

Type the following values for IP- and DNS -settings:

IP settings

IP address: 192.168.0.120

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS settings

Primary DNS: 192.168.0.1

Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Access your router's utility interface. Select Advanced from the top menu. Select
    Port Forwarding from the menu on the left.

1. Enter Xbox1 for the Name.
    2. Enter the IP Address 192.168.0.120 under IP Address.
    3. Enter 3074 for the Start and End Port.
    4. Select Any for the Traffic Type.

Next row.

1. Enter Xbox2 for the Name.
    3. Enter 88 for the Start and End Port.
    4. Select UDP for the Traffic Type.

Next row.

1. Enter Xbox3 for the Name.
    3. Enter 53 for the Start and End Port.

Next row.

1. Enter Xbox4 for the Name.
    3. Enter 500 for the Start and End Port.

Next row.

1. Enter Xbox5 for the Name.
    3. Enter 3544 for the Start and End Port.

Next row.

1. Enter Xbox6 for the Name.
    3. Enter 4500 for the Start and End Port.

Make sure the check box in the left column, for each entry, is ticked. When you're finished click Save Settings. Reboot your device.

Note! Whenever you use static NAT/Port Forwarding, remember to turn off UPnP, since this feature tend to overwrite any static NAT.

You may also visit D-Link website, to make sure your router is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware.

Post back and let us know how that goes.

taidara, Jan 3, 2014
  6. The reason I'm doing this is because I keep losing connection with the host in dead rising 3. Party Chat seems to come and go, and sometimes I doesn't let us do it at all. Additionally, back on the 360, I can't join parties a lot of the time when I'm invited.

My NAT setting is OPEN on both the 360 and the One.

I'm going to try your steps right now!

oh, and I don't know anything about setting up ICS. I thought it was already sharing the connection.

TickleMeCthulhu, Jan 3, 2014
  7. taidara
    taidara Guest
    [quote user="TickleMeCthulhu"]My NAT setting is OPEN on both the 360 and the One.[/quote]Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... this is not my Batman Glass! I mean, you can't manually forwarding network ports that both your consoles compete over, for
    Xbox traffic. The only feature that do works for multiple console support is UPnP (Universal Plug and Play).

What is the make and model of your modem (the device which your router terminates to)?

[quote user="TickleMeCthulhu"]oh, and I don't know anything about setting up ICS. I thought it was already sharing the connection.[/quote]Is your console directly connected to your router?

taidara, Jan 3, 2014
  8. Port Forwarding Invalid IP address

My modem is a Motorola Surfboard SB5100.

I didn't create a static IP for the 360, only the ONE.

I forwarded all the ports and manually entered the IP and DNS settings on the XB ONE, but i was still losing connection with the host randomly. She also did port forwarding, but did NOT change her IP or DNS settings.

My console is directly connected to the router.

TickleMeCthulhu, Oct 31, 2018
  9. taidara Win User

[quote user="TickleMeCthulhu"]My NAT setting is OPEN on both the 360 and the One.[/quote]Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... this is not my Batman Glass! I mean, you can't manually forwarding network ports that both your consoles compete over, for
    Xbox traffic. The only feature that do works for multiple console support is UPnP (Universal Plug and Play).

What is the make and model of your modem (the device which your router terminates to)?

[quote user="TickleMeCthulhu"]oh, and I don't know anything about setting up ICS. I thought it was already sharing the connection.[/quote]Is your console directly connected to your router?
  10. TickleMeCthulhu Win User

The reason I'm doing this is because I keep losing connection with the host in dead rising 3. Party Chat seems to come and go, and sometimes I doesn't let us do it at all. Additionally, back on the 360, I can't join parties a lot of the time when I'm invited.

My NAT setting is OPEN on both the 360 and the One.

I'm going to try your steps right now!

oh, and I don't know anything about setting up ICS. I thought it was already sharing the connection.
  11. TickleMeCthulhu Win User

My modem is a Motorola Surfboard SB5100.

I didn't create a static IP for the 360, only the ONE.

I forwarded all the ports and manually entered the IP and DNS settings on the XB ONE, but i was still losing connection with the host randomly. She also did port forwarding, but did NOT change her IP or DNS settings.

My console is directly connected to the router.
  12. taidara Win User

Greetings Tickle!

May I start by asking you why you need to use Port Forwarding. Is there a problem with UPnP (automatic port forwarding as one of several features) implementation regarding port mapping for NAT traversal, for your specific router?

What is the make and model of your modem?

[quote user="TickleMeCthulhu"]I'm using a D-Link WBR 1310 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit system[/quote]Are you using ICS on your computer, to share its Internet connection with your console?

Before you go ahead to setup a forwarding rule on your router, assign your console with static IP settings.

Type the following values for IP- and DNS -settings:

IP settings

IP address: 192.168.0.120

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS settings

Primary DNS: 192.168.0.1

Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Access your router's utility interface. Select Advanced from the top menu. Select
    Port Forwarding from the menu on the left.

1. Enter Xbox1 for the Name.
    3. Enter 3074 for the Start and End Port.

Next row.

1. Enter Xbox2 for the Name.
    3. Enter 88 for the Start and End Port.

Next row.

1. Enter Xbox3 for the Name.
    3. Enter 53 for the Start and End Port.

Next row.

1. Enter Xbox4 for the Name.
    3. Enter 500 for the Start and End Port.

Next row.

1. Enter Xbox5 for the Name.
    3. Enter 3544 for the Start and End Port.

Next row.

1. Enter Xbox6 for the Name.
    3. Enter 4500 for the Start and End Port.

Make sure the check box in the left column, for each entry, is ticked. When you're finished click Save Settings. Reboot your device.

Note! Whenever you use static NAT/Port Forwarding, remember to turn off UPnP, since this feature tend to overwrite any static NAT.

You may also visit D-Link website, to make sure your router is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware.

Post back and let us know how that goes.
  13. Mister Urkel Win User

Hey TickleMeCthulhu,

Before we get into more troubleshooting steps lets get a clear picture of what you are using, experienced and tried.

Follow this
    thread
    and post your findings on your next response.

We are standing by for your response.
Thema:

1. Port Forwarding Invalid IP address - Similar Threads - Port Forwarding Invalid

2. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: Should I even worry about port forwarding if I have 1200mbps internet. Can port forwarding stabilize gaming when the internet itself gets congested? dedcb9dd-cafb-430b-8c24-7527d8af1807
  3. Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding: Hi, I'm trying to find the port for XCloud but I couldn't find one. The only one i found was the port for Xbox Consoles. Is there a list for port anywhere that I could've missed ? Thanks in...
  4. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  5. How do I set up port forwarding?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I set up port forwarding?: How to set up port forwarding? b1c136b4-29fe-4b39-8d9a-9878be3eb7a9
  6. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: I know port forwarding needs to be done in some cases. My question is, 1. if I have 2 consoles in my house, how do I forward them on the same network to the same ports? I know the ports ports...
  7. open wrt port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    open wrt port forwarding: Hello. When port forwarding on my Open wrt box, Do I have to have a different external port and internal port. is it 88 udp for both external port and internal port, or should I forward them to...
  8. Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X: I recently tried manually setting up port forwarding for my series X. After setting it up I tested my network through the Xbox and it was all good, open NAT, no issues. Then I activated my...
  9. A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.: Recently I have been struggling with the nightmare inducing ultra hellhole that is port forwarding to host a server for Foundry Virtual Table top. And then, While undergoing having my brain dunked...
  10. nat type not turning open even after port forward

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat type not turning open even after port forward: so i made the ipv6 from secured to open,upnp has been on,i port forwarded all 7 ports,under lan setup i put Address Reservation for the series x ip. and it is still no IPV6,no UPNP,nat moderate....